What if?

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
sektor2111
Godlike

What if?

Post by sektor2111 »

If my News Browsing default menu looks different is anyone disturbed?
Got_News.png
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: What if?

Post by noccer »

?

Nice

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Explanation:
UT can do more things not only browsing custom game-types without additional files loaded. Even can gain news when is properly configured.
This place can be one of sources informing let's say weekly news else that menu started to piss me off being outdated as heck.
What exactly is checked ?
UT when "News" section is browsed will look for
/UpdateServer/utmotd436.html
/UpdateServer/utmasterserver.txt

at certain address that can be defined in your INI, if you don't have one, Epic is checked by default.

Code: Select all

[UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerAddress=someaddresswithouthttpinfront
UpdateServerPort=80
UpdateServerTimeout=10
And in this way you can track if your servers are On-Line or not... Or you might want access here at ut99.org to gain latest debates. Eh ?
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

I always wondered how to put these news, but never ever had this entries in my ini.

Hmm, this could really help a lot with News/updates. WIll get into this, thank you very much Sektor ;)

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Very interesting indeed ...how do I have to configure the ini exactly, if I want to have news from UT99.org and OldUnreal for example? Say ...maybe the RSS feed?
Is this possible?

feed.php

Oh btw. is this the right section for this?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This is probably a default primitive RSS way. Those entries described not exist in default UT.ini neither in Default.ini for restoring them, I did not see any document, but today I was curious about certain things Map-Voting related. More things are just modified and/or rewritten "http" related, I discovered something spoken "config" so I put entries in my INI and I pointed UT to my address to see what is looking for. I checked later APACHE's logs to see the requests and later I requested them with Mozilla directly from source. Good... Now I know how to deal with different "news" (if anyone will setup such things in a web-server).

In other order, I understood well how to put rules and map-info links into Map-Vote's ini. Only looking at source-codes I could understood how things work, these Map-Votes and menus seems to eat resources harder than a map heavy loaded, they are handling a lot of arrays. Meh... I don't need any 2048 maps...
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

sektor2111 wrote:Explanation:
UT can do more things not only browsing custom game-types without additional files loaded. Even can gain news when is properly configured.
This place can be one of sources informing let's say weekly news else that menu started to piss me off being outdated as heck.
What exactly is checked ?
UT when "News" section is browsed will look for
/UpdateServer/utmotd436.html
/UpdateServer/utmasterserver.txt

at certain address that can be defined in your INI, if you don't have one, Epic is checked by default.

Code: Select all

[UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerPort=80
UpdateServerTimeout=10
And in this way you can track if your servers are On-Line or not... Or you might want access here at ut99.org to gain latest debates. Eh ?
can't seem to find this entry {UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateserverlink]
do we add this manually to Server.ini?

also found more info here: https://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/coyote ... rLink.html
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Wises wrote:do we add this manually to Server.ini?
Yes or No (they belongs to player - usually is UnrealTournament.ini), exactly like when you want to browse MH, TMH, CoopGame2, etc. UT can do such jobs native but the main problem is "SaveConfig()", as long as some mods doesn't save configuration you have to add those things manually.

This chapter is a kind of... toy, you need a Web-Server to send those files requested in simple HTML format, by example if you add them in your redirect, you can track it when works or not if your "News" shows up in game.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

I tried and tried and tried...
Until i saw

Damn you :D

Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

I added said entries to server.ini but I think xbrowser may be interfering with it.

will try again later disabling xbrowser.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Yeah, XBrowser seems to have the newspage hardcoded :(

I have now made that utmasterserver.txt which worked. First with all masters in one line, but after using notepad++ it worked.

The lines are "malformed" because the breaking space (or what is it called when you hit enter/return?) from windows editor does not work.
Now it can update the game with community masterservers, too ;)

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Wises wrote:I added said entries to server.ini but I think xbrowser may be interfering with it.

will try again later disabling xbrowser.
What I was showing in picture above is just UT native without any add-on, like I said UT is able to deal native with external addresses, external game-types, external Master Servers... but it needs only configured for such job.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

thanks for the infos, very interesting !
does anyone know which HTML tags are supported by UBrowser ?
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

UTPe wrote:thanks for the infos, very interesting !
Something I wonder about but never tried bothering with it yet. If I could, I'd def have an RSS - updating feeds when I refresh the page (manually because I don't want the lag by having to do so automatically) and just click on the link and go! Fun thing. I guess I might look into this later. :idea:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

UTPe wrote:thanks for the infos, very interesting !
At least these:

blink
big
br
font colour/font color
p
u
bold
h1 h2 h3 h4
a href

Unfortunately no images, but links (also file downloads) will be opened in your webbrowser