WARNING !!! Gizmo detected

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: WARNING !!! Gizmo detected

Post by Chamberly »

I agree to not delete inactive accounts.

Most of them are just UT99 players and such, but once a spammer come to the surface it get swept out.
Bonket is a BT player. WOLF is an old clan, but I did saw the clan tags somewhere more likely on sniper maps. Mort is a buddy of mine, he is in EST clan and he is a mapper. So yes I can name a few.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I need somebody explaining me why would I need an account for not posting anything 12 years and with chances to forget password. More events might occur in 12 years... But it's not my problem after all, it's administration related decisions.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Why are you so concerned about it? It's almost like you *just* realized that it's not your problem, even though you probably (read: hopefully) already knew. It might be lurkers who once made an account because why not and eventually forgot about the site. Who cares? Apparently not even them. And the forum software is doing almighty fine, as well. It's not like anybody's hurt!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:58 pm And the forum software is doing almighty fine, as well.
This is... might be under discussions... Old posts centered in page are now outside... etc - I'm not going to edit all my old posts :omfg: . Since it was "upgraded" things are not exactly as before and then a sum of useless charges I don't know if are helpful at something, but... let's see next Gizmo reaction...
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 am Since it was "upgraded" things are not exactly as before and then a sum of useless charges I don't know if are helpful at something
Well, that is true, things aren't as they were before. I don't know if I'd say useless, but rather superficial; I think it's nice to give the old coffee kettle a new repaint every now and then. It's still as good as ever, I don't see why change it!

For some reason I always thought the "like" system was not very effective. I mean, Doomworld did something similar, but it seemed to do its job there. Hm, maybe it's just that there's few people around? That could limit feedback. I think that's what.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction