[DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

Re: [DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Post by Unreal1ty »

i see...nice to see all the current status of all features .
Emperor
Average
Personal rank: Rtma Eros Paragon

Post by Emperor »

I'm just curious about this expansion pack, how is it gonna change the game? or how is it used? will the game intern be more like UT2004? like karma on corpses, maps and others? didn't you mention about enhancing the AI, are you? (the AI are important to at least to me they are) I've been playing UT for several years accumulating maps, mods, skins, mutators & well i can't play online cause of altered files but i got a piece of paradise, with your expansion and it's applications I'll probably play it for several more :) what about the stock characters are they going to be enhanced as-well? more polys? better looking skins? at-least have the hybrid's eyes glow :wink: , This will be the revitalizer to stimulate the game and hopefully encourage the vitality at-least for another decade :loool: , personal thanks to shadow for making this possible :gj: :tu: :agree1: Thank you and goodnight.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Emperor wrote:I'm just curious about this expansion pack, how is it gonna change the game? or how is it used? will the game intern be more like UT2004? like karma on corpses, maps and others? didn't you mention about enhancing the AI, are you? (the AI are important to at least to me they are) I've been playing UT for several years accumulating maps, mods, skins, mutators & well i can't play online cause of altered files but i got a piece of paradise, with your expansion and it's applications I'll probably play it for several more :) what about the stock characters are they going to be enhanced as-well? more polys? better looking skins? at-least have the hybrid's eyes glow :wink: , This will be the revitalizer to stimulate the game and hopefully encourage the vitality at-least for another decade :loool: , personal thanks to shadow for making this possible :gj: :tu: :agree1: Thank you and goodnight.
Hmmm... well, before Shadow pisses himself off, just read the features list in the webpages he gave, and you will see that major features that you asked, are already answered... hmmm... okay? :what:
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

well, my main concern is AI Improvement cause he doesn't have it in list but he has else where and was wondering if he either forgot to add to list here or whatever else. :? oK? :flack:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

I had 451b with update already installed on my game. That alone improved AI and then I installed the extension pack demo. After I installed that I noticed that these sons of bitches can fight! I also installed that on a version 436 Creative install of the game and noticed that the bots were a lot smarter than they were on just 436.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Emperor wrote:well, my main concern is AI Improvement cause he doesn't have it in list but he has else where and was wondering if he either forgot to add to list here or whatever else. :? oK? :flack:
Have you already seen the list? If not, here's the link :wink:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/9974/unrealto ... nsion-pack

The answer to your main concern is in that list:
- Enhanced AI, External AI Scripting, Scripted Scenes
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

ok so 451b is a patch? i can get that, this expansion i'd like to wait til it's done before using it, and as for 436 creative what does it do? can i use one or the other to get improved AI? or is it best to use all at once? :noidea
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Emperor wrote:ok so 451b is a patch? i can get that, this expansion i'd like to wait til it's done before using it, and as for 436 creative where do you get that? can i use one or the other to get improved AI? or is it best to use all at once? :noidea
451b is NOT recommended for clients, mappers, and modders because it makes Unreal Ed useless. If you want this patch I suggest installing a backup UT for editing. If you still want it though here it is:

451b Patch (exe)

http://ut-files.kissthepants.com/Patche ... ch451b.exe

451b (zip version)

http://ut-files.kissthepants.com/Patche ... ch451b.zip

451b (update)-Install this after you install 451b.

http://ut-files.kissthepants.com/Patche ... Update.zip

You should also check out my graphics guide (link under my signature).
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Shadow, all the time I saw your screens, but I never tried out your Demo out, waiting for the release of the complete one. I really saw and twecked a little in the effects to see what type of effects I could do, and well, sorry but: HOLY SHIT!!!! Excellent job man! The smokes, coronas, lensflares, projectors and so on... :tu:

I know you said that was only a demo and you advised to not develop anything with it right now, and it's better waiting for the complete SDK. But I don't know, I saw the smoke effects and the flame effects and the coronas and it gave me an ideia to do a real kickass nuke, but I don't know if it is going to kill performance to much. I think I will wait for the kickass complete SDK. :roll:

Now I really want that SDK man, Good Luck at developing it! :wink:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

You can't rush this sort of thing, you'll just have to let Shadow take his time even though I (not even being a mapper) was also blown away by just the demo release. Amazing work Shadow, like I said I could barely do a text-based adventure in C++.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Lee_Stricklin wrote:You can't rush this sort of thing, you'll just have to let Shadow take his time even though I (not even being a mapper) was also blown away by just the demo release. Amazing work Shadow, like I said I could barely do a text-based adventure in C++.
I am not rushing anything, specially when I know the time that this kinda stuff takes, not forgeting that it will be only a kickass SDK with will by the developer.
My dream is to become a professional programmer (a far dream, but I will give it a try of course), and I programmed some stuff in different languages (nothing big).
For example, when doing my custom weapons (Nali Weapons), if I was in rush the all thing would become crap, and it taked even more time because there were times that I didn't had will to do, and in that cases, is better to do nothing, or read, and we have to have a good support, not cash, friendly support (like I had to really finish my stuff), or the project just goes down.

So, Shadow, take all the time you want, and believe when I say that your SDK is a kickass one (and maybe "kickass" isn't even the better word, like more "revolucionary"), because I will use it with proud and joy, so, if it is finished next month, or 2 months, or at the end of the year and so on, don't worry, the better things take time to develop, and I know that, personally (experienced some projects like that).
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

I just hope we can enjoy the Expansion before either u or i croak it :roll:
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

just curious currently most of everything is at lodbias of 1 while that's ok but anything that surpasses around 10ft gradates severely & i was wondering if that will be increased so that objects that traverse distance will keep former shape and without degradation of the mesh? something around the 10 range would keep most objects looking good at farther distance, or is there going to be some sort of feature that would do better?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, some news and progress would be great :wink:
Is it maybe at 82% or so?
Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

Post by Unreal1ty »

Yaah, something new? Would be nice to hear some good news from you, shadow.