[DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: [DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Post by Shadow »

Hmm well my current plan is to finish the SDK give a certain amount of support for a while after it's release and then leaving the Unreal Community for ever.. it's not really one of my major interests anymore. I really dunno if I'm still willing to do something UNREAL after the finish of the SDK. A B5 Total Conversion sounds like a beautiful dream, but I simply can't say anything to that currently..
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Shadow wrote:Hmm well my current plan is to finish the SDK give a certain amount of support for a while after it's release and then leaving the Unreal Community for ever.. it's not really one of my major interests anymore. I really dunno if I'm still willing to do something UNREAL after the finish of the SDK. A B5 Total Conversion sounds like a beautiful dream, but I simply can't say anything to that currently..
Well, it's a shame that you leave the community after the SDK release...

But, for another hand, if you are leaving, then you leave the comunity in big, leaving us your SDK, which will going to put a big historical mark on the pages of Unreal Tournament. :tu:

With your SDK, you won't leave the community, even if you just leave, your nick (Shadow) will surround every server and future mods for Unreal Tournament, and what a great end... :gj:
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

I sometimes leave UT from time to time, it feels as if I won't go on it again but something always draws me back and I'm sure it will be the same for you :tu:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Shadow wrote:Hmm well my current plan is to finish the SDK give a certain amount of support for a while after it's release and then leaving the Unreal Community for ever.. it's not really one of my major interests anymore. I really dunno if I'm still willing to do something UNREAL after the finish of the SDK. A B5 Total Conversion sounds like a beautiful dream, but I simply can't say anything to that currently..
I've had that same exact feeling for all kinds of stuff. You feel like there's nothing else to accomplish, you feel like you've done everything there is, and you don't know what to do next. After all of that you end up leaving for a long time and then out of nowhere something draws you back to whatever it is you left. You'll be back. It might not be this year and might not be for very long, but you'll be back. The least you'll probably do is fire this game up to try to relive some stuff and then find yourself hooked again.
Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

Post by Unreal1ty »

wow, but why do you wanna leave the community? is there any reason for your decision? i thought of leaving unreal engine, but it draw me back to UE every time i think about doing a mod or creating any content for a game. i think passionated fps-gamers willl always stay in the community of UT. if they want to be involved or not. and we need your support, because i believe or i want to believe, that your sdk will revive the UE1-modding community. so, i hope you will stay for a long time to help us doing our development on games with your sdk. and i hope, that there will be so many great mods and content, that show you the need of your knowledge.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

hmm ok I must say I'm glad that you're all cheering me up, but It's still unknown if I stay at the Unreal-Comm after the SDK, on the other side creating a Babylon 5 Total Conversion sounds really seductive :|

//edit:

reasons:
- I was a leader of a big Total Conversion, that failed
- I'm not really identifying with working for/in the Unreal-Community
- it consumes too much time
- My major interests moved from computers to Musick, Party and Girls
- the only 2 things I would still do for the Unreal-Community: the SDK and probably one last attempt to do a high-quality Total Conversion
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

yeah you are right. but "working" for the community is more like a hobby. and a hobby should be something, that give you some fun and let you relax from the rest of your life. so i hope youll find back ;)

by the way, do you use high-res textures for the developing, or is this possible? (i think the screenshots you showed us are from your previous mod, arent they?)
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Unreal1ty wrote:yeah you are right. but "working" for the community is more like a hobby. and a hobby should be something, that give you some fun and let you relax from the rest of your life. so i hope youll find back ;)

by the way, do you use high-res textures for the developing, or is this possible? (i think the screenshots you showed us are from your previous mod, arent they?)
I'm no mapper or modder, but if your going to build maps I think (like I've said I've never mapped or modded) your supposed to use the lowest resolution textures possible unless you are using custom textures that are not included with UT.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

but i mean if its possible to use high-res textures?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Unreal1ty wrote:but i mean if its possible to use high-res textures?
Thats a matter of the render you would select.
BTW: I converted ArboreaArchitecture.

Download
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Unreal1ty wrote:yeah you are right. but "working" for the community is more like a hobby. and a hobby should be something, that give you some fun and let you relax from the rest of your life. so i hope youll find back ;)

no I'm not really using high-res textures because it isn't necessary, most of the shipped textures are effect textures, anims, skins etc.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

i have just one more question about the engine (in general). if i start modelling for the mod, creating weapons, characters and so on. what is the polycount limit in the engine and do you raise the polycounts? so i have seen "the chosen one" (a ut99-mod in development at that time) and their models dont have the typical basic shape of an ut99-model. i think they are using a higher resolution of their models for their project. so i dont know much about modelling, that is not my job, but im interessted in it, so can you give me some informations about that?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Unreal1ty wrote:higher resolution of their models for their project
http://rednemesis.beyondunreal.com/inde ... &Itemid=70
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Creavion wrote:
Unreal1ty wrote:higher resolution of their models for their project
http://rednemesis.beyondunreal.com/inde ... &Itemid=70
he was concerning the polycount, shape, models, not the resolution of the skins
well moonangel found out that 1500-3000 is a "good" max. of polys for an UE1 Model on nowadays machines, I also have to mention that the increasing polycount increases the light/shadow detail on models too
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

oke, so it depends on the hardware. and we can model with higher polycounts because PCs can handle more polycounts as in the times of ut99? but what was the polycount epic was using developing and releasing ut99? because i dont know...