Re: [INFO] Development Journal

Post by papercoffee »

Yeah ...shadow is back! :D ...maybe.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

papercoffee wrote:Yeah ...shadow is back! :D ...maybe.
and he's dead again :cry:
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Shadow! Either add me to betatesters and send me the latest beta build... or remove FCBP and ShamuQuest from mods that feature the SDK at moddb!

The reason is that with Milestone 5 imminent, in Milestone 6 we'll concentrate on ShamuQuest a bit more and wish to improve the maps using your SDK - if you do not supply it, that's not possible. And since this formal-only SDK support stops us in place, we either have to get our hands on the SDK, or cut it.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Damn, it's really bad luck for him to have left the files in her ex's laptop. :(
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Delacroix wrote: And since this formal-only SDK support stops us in place, we either have to get our hands on the SDK, or cut it.
I already did that about 1 or 1,5 years ago, being working so far.
Not saying you should quit waiting the SDK (hell, if it was released now, I would support it as I could and use it if I saw it usefull to me atm), but you don't even imagine how independent you get when you do absolutelly everything yourself, I mean everything.

It's certain that you might get lower quality, but at least you develop yourself and the whole thing without relying on others, although it's always better to have a team to improve quality.

Just my 2 cents
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Look: when he offered me the chance to use the SDK in SQ, it was obvious that at one point I shall use that opportunity, so I do not quite understand your "2 cents".
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Delacroix wrote:Look: when he offered me the chance to use the SDK in SQ, it was obvious that at one point I shall use that opportunity, so I do not quite understand your "2 cents".
In resume, if you're waiting for Shadow to release his SDK, well, good luck. This kind of thing has been happenning since ever: during a few months he gets the will and time to do it, and do it, during the next months, he either doesn't have will or time to do it, and we're left in the shadows (ironic word lol).

Therefore, perhaps it's better for you to move on if you do not receive any info until the end of this next weekend. I did move on, and decided to do everything on my own, and the results and independency got is beyond words, so I advice anyone waiting for the SDK to do the same, and in case Shadow releases his SDK, you can always use it by then for the remaining things, or to replace older stuff if you find necessary, that's all.

If you wait for a coder, or a modeller, or a skinner, or an animator, or even a mapper to do stuff in your project, although they might be on the team and "should" do it, you can't never rely on that, specially over internet where you don't have absolutelly any idea when those people suddently vanish. I learned that the hard way.
TehDevil
Novice

Post by TehDevil »

Tough luck dude, never trust girlfriends... Just in-case now use Dropbox (dropbox.com) so you NEVER lose the source..

Still cant wait for this SDK, update us please :)
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Will be working on it again. So no trouble for the cooperative Projects. I had just a lot of trouble finding that remaining stuff -.- It's like starting from the beginning *frustrated*

Also I don't have that much time than before, so progress might be slower, I don't think I reach updates each 2 weeks like in former times, as first deed I'm going to release the latest internal beta for everyone freely studying it at ModDB, with the next Build (161) it'll be stated as Open Beta

//edit: Ok first problems come up..., does somebody have the Build 120, since it's full release I don't know whether patching the 100 with the 148 will work..
Problem solved found the 120 on my external hard disk...
TehDevil
Novice

Post by TehDevil »

Now use DropBox :P
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Um... what!?
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

Shadow,i got a question.
i downloaded version (uhm,148 if im right) from moddb,+v1.0 since v1.48 was only a update.
now my question is: i saw you made a new sdk menu etc,but ehm,how do i get that menu to work in the game. (or any renderer from the sdk ) because in my ut menu i see sdk configuration but it doesnt do anything at all. and there is no .exe to start the sdk. (or is it only usable in the editor :???: ) because i wanted to try some of the shaders ingame. (the cell-shader)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Many features are still broken currently, mainly due to converting stuff from UnrealScript to faster C++ code
I'm sorry for that, with the next release more features will be back working, for 161 I plan to bring back the Dynamic Coronas, Lensflares and such
The new Menu System is very complex and has or will have far more features then the UWindow-System
Thus the current configuration is deprecated temporary
Currently it's only usable in the Editor

Some news by the way: 2 new cooperative projects have been announced using the SDK in the near future

Again I'm sorry for the partially broken functionality, but that'll be changed within the next 3-4 releases, based by 80 % on C++
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Hey, for 161 will you be using the method for getting vertex offsets I told you about? You know, by also taking into account the Scale, Origin and RotOrigin variables of the mesh...
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Did you? I just remember that any try to fully implement that totally failed... The Scale and Origin where taken into account correctly, but not the RotOrigin among some other parameters