UT Community SDK Release Thread

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: UT Community SDK Release Thread

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 am

BTW. people should really check that showcase map, and go and stand under one of the torches on the wall.
One of my favourite features :)
I want it as a screen-saver :tu:

*ahem*...rebuild? oops sorry. Well you'll be re-building 'til it's finised soooo.....
I'm sure you can see how useful that single GUI upgrade is.
Instead of manually re-building a massive non compressed texture-pack, UEd2 users can fix their oversight or "upgrade" an existing pack.
There is other functionality from UEd3 that I would not ask (never tried in UEd2 tho), but this is the single most common reason I need UEd3.
There is no stand-alone tool that can do it, and even 227 cannot (no one suggested it).

BTW the other "functionality" I have used with UEd3, is a little sneaky. I have used it, to map textures and shaders (not copy) to different packs. This makes them dependant on each-other, so people can't chop your stuff into a partial distro.
I have Never tried it with UEd2, but in theory it can work with any U content.
If doing this on purpose, rather than just to fix a missing item, you could protect an entire game. Every file depends on an item in the next, and so on.
Annoying as hell, but effective.

Anyway, getting side-tracked there.
Well done :tu: 60% improvement is fantastic. Looking forward to the next release.

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: mad scientist

Post by Shadow » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Torax wrote:That's great Shad :gj:
Only one thing confuses me...sdkLevelIinfo

As i understand SDK features impossible without it...
Yes, it is THAT central actor you need for the new features. It holds several lists of new actors, new config settings etc.
Higor wrote:Add the PawnActors and NavigationActors iterators too while you're at it, my FerBotZ implementations aren't even static (only the BotZ uses them).
BTW, did you fix the inventory iterators?
Yeah I could add them, why not. I will mention you in the credits and scripts of course. Concerning the inventory iterators I didn't have that time to look after them
Dr.Flay wrote:BTW. people should really check that showcase map, and go and stand under one of the torches on the wall.
One of my favourite features :)
I want it as a screen-saver :tu:

*ahem*...rebuild? oops sorry. Well you'll be re-building 'til it's finised soooo.....
I'm sure you can see how useful that single GUI upgrade is.
Instead of manually re-building a massive non compressed texture-pack, UEd2 users can fix their oversight or "upgrade" an existing pack.
There is other functionality from UEd3 that I would not ask (never tried in UEd2 tho), but this is the single most common reason I need UEd3.
There is no stand-alone tool that can do it, and even 227 cannot (no one suggested it).

BTW the other "functionality" I have used with UEd3, is a little sneaky. I have used it, to map textures and shaders (not copy) to different packs. This makes them dependant on each-other, so people can't chop your stuff into a partial distro.
I have Never tried it with UEd2, but in theory it can work with any U content.
If doing this on purpose, rather than just to fix a missing item, you could protect an entire game. Every file depends on an item in the next, and so on.
Annoying as hell, but effective.

Anyway, getting side-tracked there.
Well done :tu: 60% improvement is fantastic. Looking forward to the next release.
Yes, yes when the new Texture Browser is ready we can discuss what we may include, but for now we simply need a new browser in the first place.

Radi
Adept

Post by Radi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 pm

hey :) SDK is still in development stage ? I have some questions but for now I need a link to download, that one on ModDB is broken, I tried two days and still no mirror found.. that suck.

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:10 am

Don't know how you didn't find the Your Unreal mirror.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... munity-sdk

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: mad scientist

Post by Shadow » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Radi wrote:hey :) SDK is still in development stage ? I have some questions but for now I need a link to download, that one on ModDB is broken, I tried two days and still no mirror found.. that suck.
Yes it's still in development, even if I'm not that active lately (university / job) - there's a release planned for autumn, wanted to put out a release in may/june.. then the exams came :ironic2:

Thanks doc and medor for referencing the mirrors!

Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:16 pm

These are some good news right on my birthday. Wish you luck!
"Not only is UNIX dead, it’s starting to smell really bad" -- Rob Pike