Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Post by Red_Fist »

DM-Darkzone Quake 1 DM6

I had this for 10 years or more, my hold up was I needed to re-scale the map larger. But I finally finished it off.
Using the invulnerability actor made by Barbie, I also added a Redeemer.
This was a BSP rip so it is one brush.

I didn't test bots a whole lot but they will get around, hope there isn't any major snags but the map is small enough to work even with snags.
There is other versions of this map, but I made it to be as close as Quake 1 version including lighting and the direction of teleporters and tried to place weapons and ammo the same.
Please inform me if there is any files missing ASAP so I can edit the zip, thanks.
Check it out !!!
Attachments
DM_DarkZone_RF.zip
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
ShotDZ.jpg
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Quake 1 SHUB-NIGGURATH'S PIT DM end redone for UT

I added Barbies invulnerability actor that Quake 1 did not do with their pentagram in this level (I made it an easy secret) but I think it's cool to mow down players and take no damage or fight to get the thing LoL
A BSP Rip, resized for UT, a one brush rip,

The Quake 1 End map I did in year 2004 for UT99, but now it is resized from my first try and better for UT and made to look a little better than Quake, be ready to die die die, it's a mean map.
Attachments
dmq1endrf.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
qendsht.jpg
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

MH-TerraMaze

Same name, added music file,

Was an old bitmap I had since Unreal2 or UT2004, so I finally used it with TerraEdit and made this maze.
Hope it works, pretty sure you won't need any new files, let me know !!!
Oh I stole the skyzone from one of the RA maps and then made the zone actor rotate slowly changed a few other things..
Also the maze is not that hard after a few good rounds.
The bots will finish on their own.
And if Barbie wants to modify it with server in mind, go ahead, it shouldn't need much.
Oh, I added 200 health to all pawns and a little more on a few pawns, it was just too easy.
Attachments
PropertyFlipper.u
for map, and mapping.
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
mhterramazerf.zip
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
From SP version I am working on but the same as MH
From SP version I am working on but the same as MH
Last edited by Red_Fist on Thu May 30, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Iacobus
Average

Post by Iacobus »

Red_Fist wrote:MH-TerraMaze

Was an old bitmap I had since Unreal2 or UT2004, so I finally used it with TerraEdit and made this maze.
Hope it works, pretty sure you won't need any new files, let me know !!!
It's tied to AmbientA.aux,
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Damn it, and its a 35 meg friggen file aaaaaaaaaarg. :evil:

I put them in MyLevel, delete old map who ever got it, hope it is good now.
Iacobus
Average

Post by Iacobus »

Red_Fist wrote:Damn it, and its a 35 meg friggen file aaaaaaaaaarg. :evil:

I put them in MyLevel, delete old map who ever got it, hope it is good now.
It's only missing the song now :ironic: Spire.umx I converted a .it file I had and then it ran fine. Had some fun projectile dodging in the outskirts but couldn't get too far inside the maze.
Last edited by Iacobus on Mon May 20, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I need to get a stock install, I just have so much stuff, I go by date of original files I know, seems like it's a stock file. I assumed it was for sunspire.

It is the music for Unreal map TheSunSpire.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon May 20, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:I need to get a stock install
Just use UnrealDeps.exe...
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Looks like a Titan sitting messes up it's collision by sitting on a mover. I seen it but the bots seem to kill it in record time, if you shoot at it's left leg-foot seems to be a hit, otherwise your bullets go right through.

I see what it was, so delete the map you have,

When the Titan is lowered the small water well is too high off the ground, so I messed with the jump or step height of the Titan to compensate.
But then the collision goes below the floor.

I have it fixed now, I also had to redo the mover because it would have been to close to the floor or small.
Fix soon, deleting those files and will upload the same zip but with the music.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Working on it, should come out with what I wanted the titan to do , no boulders but maybe worse, LoL

The problem is when it changes from sitting, they mess with the collision for a second, so when the mover suspends the titan n air it has to be on the mover. But I want a smaller collision for the hallways.
So if I mess with the collision, after it "getup" the collision is messed up from what you set it at.

But I am bagging that idea, no Titan but a better pawn for the job.
Almost done.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Take in account that you have too much load at paths. There are not necessary so many points around MonsterWayPoints and neither in the tunnels. You can check a random spot with RememberSpot and ShowPath in empty map... or using some MHBotyMan4 which has FULL compatibility with original MonsterHunt (tribute for Shrimp) and extension called XC_MonsterHunt or any future extension of MonsterHunt with original rules...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Don't see how it can be less paths, everything has one path already, and I don't want diagonals Or are you saying that the waypoint IS a pathnode ? They don't create a path like a node but the bots still need to be led there.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:Don't see how it can be less paths, everything has one path already,
Okay... Light on, please...
Thanks Edy, now let's see if here I'm lost or just engine has a lot of processing for... doubleenforcer - why not enforcer ? Double enforcer is a dummy class with no code...
[attachment=2]Tmaze_Nah0.PNG[/attachment]
Excuse me ? Do these need so many data ? Items have a RespawnTime which can be adjusted instead of having an insane load...
[attachment=1]Tmaze_Nah1.PNG[/attachment]
We do not have a ramp here where nodes are recommended at 300-400 UU (not really if you know the ramp "problems") you have a plain area and nodes at less than 300 UU. Why ? I'll bet on 2$ that paths here are working at 600+ UU with no issues.

MonsterWayPoint is not a NavigationPoint but this doesn't means that it needs a lot of load around, it makes no sense.
[attachment=0]Tmaze_Nah2.PNG[/attachment]
Definitely this can be a bit loved because such a load it's not necessary.
Attachments
Tmaze_Nah2.PNG
Tmaze_Nah1.PNG
Tmaze_Nah0.PNG
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ah, the reason I do that is to make sure bots don't get stuck and no path for them to exit if they do get stuck. IIt has happened many times that is why I always do that.

But I am never really sure about how to setup guns and ammo for MH so , say for max of 16 players, can get a gun
and full ammo refills fast, instantly, without adding a pile of them. In the case of this, I don't like when you stand around waiting for stuff while others swipe it. But I also don't like to add all those item paths like that either.
I have the respawn time at 5 seconds.

I also like to add more paths I say there should be more, so bots and pawns don't crunch into each other, for a group of pawns all walking down the same hallway at once. Like a staggered effect but not a slew of paths just some side lines . I don't like the one path line idea for that.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:for a group of pawns all walking down the same hallway at once. Like a staggered effect but not a slew of paths just some side lines . I don't like the one path line idea for that.
Even if you have 100+ paths Pawns are guided on the Shortest Route, I though that this is clear so far. In CTF you might have AlternatePath but... bunching happens in the same way - I'm playing with Bots very often and then I really don't get idea about using 32+ Bots as I've read here and there - that's a mess not a game.
In MH I have luck, they die often releasing my way. In such case if a route is heading to a waypoint that has to be minimized toward load. MH is enough engine intensive.