Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:22 am But how to get a Titan into this state without coding? :noidea
By setting up orders properly.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm
Barbie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:22 am But how to get a Titan into this state without coding? :noidea
By setting up orders properly.
properly.jpg
properly.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
Does not work!
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

:loool: Seriously ? Show me the state called "properly".
ORDER means a VALID STATE where pawn should start/not start action in Level. I this case it's properly called Sitting or something similar. Not similar as state name just similar to state called sitting if memory doesn't cheat me.
I'm sorry if ScriptedPawn is such a big problem for you, for me they are my friends... I'm playing with them almost daily. You can also use InitialState.

The rest is VISIBLE at more than 255 - Actor.uc

Code: Select all

simulated event SetInitialState()
{
	bScriptInitialized = true;
	if( InitialState!='' )
		GotoState( InitialState );
	else
		GotoState( 'Auto' );
}
and ScriptedPawn.uc

Code: Select all

var(Orders) name	Orders;			//orders a creature is carrying out 
						// will be initial state, plus creature will attenmpt
						//to return to this state
	if (Orders != '')
	{
		if (Orders == 'Attacking')
		{
			Orders = '';
			if (enemy != None)
				GotoState('Attacking');
			else
				StartRoaming();
		}
		else if ( bDelayedPatrol && (Orders == 'Patroling') )
			GotoState('Patroling', 'DelayedPatrol'); 
		else
			GotoState(Orders); //Wooow, this is just amazing. My monster can do what I order him, lol...
		if ( Physics == PHYS_Falling )
			SetFall();
		else
			SetMovementPhysics();
	}
	else
		GotoState('Waiting');
Yeah, that's right Properly doesn't work because properly is not a valid name for a state code located in this Pawn :ironic: .
You can set Orders or InitialState as initial monster behavior named corresponding to a valid state from Pawn in cause.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Maybe you didn't catch the <joke> tags. ;o) But thanks, now I know that I have to set the name of the state in property "Order". That was not obvious by your post before, at least not for me.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Note: This is advisable perhaps as InitialState for... preventing Titan to return at sitting because of using Orders ?
Set Titan InitialState Sitting
AnimSequence TGetUp
Then adding other Non-Sitting Titans in another session if they must be added ?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

MH is the problem.

If they are sitting you don't need an event to wake them up, they get up as soon as they see a bot.

But in SP they have to have an event to get up.

So I am trying to solve that problem in MH using property flippers, and it does work. Other than the bots can't see them after setting visibility then changing it. I added the attitude to hate and set the Titan to ignore.

It might be that I need to change the order of when things happen, I tried putting the event first to get up, then visibility, then sight radius them hearing and I added attitude. Seems I got a couple of kills, need to retest it, but they don't attack like they would other pawns at all.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yep... the same movie: MonsterHunt controller is triggering monster against Bot doesn't matter in which state is the monster, the same are those SkaarjStatues, Warlord randomly forgetting to teleport and coming back to attack, and it's the same MH story already under X discussions. Attraction code from MonsterHunt is BASIC, nothing taking monsters seriously in account if they are in logic states for combat. Code says: S.GoToState('Attacking') - doesn't matter who is in which state. Perhaps some future more pro MH versions will take in account community "creatures" and stock ones and their options. I'm not going to talk again about whatever improvements because I will trigger useless poems with zero help. I already explained what is doable and what community should do in UT instead of making it more flawed or completely useless in machines where UT was running for years. A lot of these I have solved in my private server without uber UT updates, just a bit of fine tuning letting pawn code to work instead of pushing methods. If you are using the same stock, the same issues will happen even in year 2100, believe me or not.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

MH-Warp5DMz

This was just messing around connecting stock DM maps with warp zones.Since I messed with it so long I made a funky MH map.
I didn't get into the original stock bot pathing very much, plus I did some corny stuff with paths, but the bots seems to finish at some point.

I also didn't try to make it easy or difficult or make a "perfect" game-play balanced map. It was more for fun making warp zones.
Oh, if you mess with pathing it would be better to start from scratch, it's very odd how those bots move to one level to the next on their own. Then they WOULD NOT go into the final section, strangest thing. The only thing that got them to move around the final section was ammo.I switched a shield belt with the shield and I finally got them to circulate through that bottom side wing. Just very weird stuff going on.

Don't think you need any other files, you might need that propertyflipper.u file that I should have left out since I used it for something that wouldn't work without a new class for the shield belt. Hope it works :|
Attachments
PropertyFlipper.u
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
MHWarp5DMz.zip
Uses warp zones, nothing fancy.
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
screeny1.jpg
screeny1.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Last edited by Red_Fist on Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

For a second I almost thought you posted a picture! Now I want to take a picture of the city around and edit it so it kinda looks like a huge city map. :P
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

readmeRF.txt wrote:Uses 5 DM stock maps from UT.

Copyright
[...]
Authors may not NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You took stock UT maps - I guess without author's permission - and forbid other to use your patchwork? :roll:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Nooooo, that was the readme I used way back from the Nalicity days.

But if you want to edit it, keep it close, I didn't put much thought into placing enemies or items., it was a sort of test map that got out of hand. :loool:

Besides if you were to sell it gimme half of the million you get.............. :P

If you do repack it, get rid of that propertyflipper in the map.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Titan properly.
Comedy perfectly.
Loved it absolutely!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

As I played this thing I was wondering if using no friendly fire the same as DM after they finish the map or decide to exit unless they want to fight !! as an added bonus. LoL
Since we are all so accustom to these maps having a DM but get around pretty fast with those warps, might be a good DM.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

GhostWheel did this map, I only did some of the things.

This is the 120 second version I redone from the 90 second version (we lost the 120) and is based on testing for aim bots as the targets are movers.

And it's fun to test yourself with sniper and moving targets in a timed test.

It was also made with limited actors and the spectator area is a neutral zone , no killing as you watch the player testing.

The windows should have been made into movers to get rid of all the block alls, But it works good enough, you couldn't see the player using brushes for windows.
Attachments
DMSkillzTest120.zip
(413.66 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Shoty111.jpg
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Had a bit of fun on Mounds will test out the others. Keep up the awesome job mate.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2: