Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
TexasGtar
Adept

Re: Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Post by TexasGtar »

Red_Fist wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:18 pm This is a MH version of propertyflipper tests, but I added those pawns I made that don't kill each other along with it.

I fixed a few minor things, The pawns should be stock everything accept not killing each other.

I added an extracost path blocking and unblocking test which seems to work better if it's not a MH map.
How do I use this? :help: I'm still a noob at a lot of things.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Don't play with bots,

Just go through and see (and read the trigger messages) the different things, you can change some actor properties that you can do as you play. Like making that skaarj hate you and then be friends just by hitting a trigger as you play, it's awesome.

I made the triggers visible in-game

Plus read the code in the propertyFlipper actor , there is text to read, it's easy to use,

The pawns are just regular pawns if you need them, they don't fight each other. (very handy)
I only made it an MH then added those pawns and load them in MyLevel for a map you are working on.
Binary Space Partitioning
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Red_Fist wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:15 am Don't play with bots,

Just go through and see (and read the trigger messages) the different things, you can change some actor properties that you can do as you play. Like making that skaarj hate you and then be friends just by hitting a trigger as you play, it's awesome.

I made the triggers visible in-game

Plus read the code in the propertyFlipper actor , there is text to read, it's easy to use,

The pawns are just regular pawns if you need them, they don't fight each other. (very handy)
I only made it an MH then added those pawns and load them in MyLevel for a map you are working on.
This can be super cool to use in a map for sure. I don't have an idea yet but this could be really cool and make some things possible that weren't before.
I'll check it out and then start thinking of ways to incorporate it into a useful thing. I can definitely see the possibilities in the changing a property on the fly.
Very interesting. Just need to come up with some interesting ways to build a map around.

I was trying to make a puzzle room where you had to use visual clues to engage levers in a certain order to fire an event.
This might make that possible. Can it switch a trigger from initially active = True to False? Or is it just for monster properties?
Attachments
ftl.jpg
ftl.jpg (11.4 KiB) Viewed 918 times
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Read inside , the script of the property flipper. "edit script"
Some things cannot be changed, but a lot can be changed.

I made the map so people can see some of the things that worked. Like resetting a counter to zero, zone stuff, lights stuff, rotation stuff, I never tried the trigger stuff it should work though.

I put it in the ini file so it loads editpackage=

I have no clue what that pic is, might be a texture, not sure what that is about.

The main thing is, if you use one to change a property, you need another one to change it back, unless you want it to stay changed.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Red_Fist wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:27 am Read inside , the script of the property flipper. "edit script"
Some things cannot be changed, but a lot can be changed.

I made the map so people can see some of the things that worked. Like resetting a counter to zero, zone stuff, lights stuff, rotation stuff, I never tried the trigger stuff it should work though.

I put it in the ini file so it loads editpackage=

I have no clue what that pic is, might be a texture, not sure what that is about.

The main thing is, if you use one to change a property, you need another one to change it back, unless you want it to stay changed.
Map failed to load. I got mhpfwithpawns.zip and there was just a map in there. I put map in maps folder and it failed to launch.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

TexasGtar wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:09 amHow do I use this? :help: I'm still a noob at a lot of things.
For example there are maps where you have to fulfill tasks before you can kill a monster. One solution is to set ReducedDamageType to All initially (=Monster does not take any damage) and set it to None after all tasks have been done.

PS: I also have developed such a thing.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Here maybe you need the damn actor LoL silly me.

download/file.php?id=9791

History.
The guy PCube wrote me that "propertyChanger" over at UnrealSP

It does the same thing as the "propertyFlipper" that I found in WOT game and it had other features I liked. I think it was written by Raven software, I wish I knew about it years ago.

Barbies "SBPropertyChangerV1" is looking excellent and It looks like it takes away a separate trigger for each use, less messy in a map, plus he has documentation to learn better. :thuup:

I just wish these sever guys would test things for online so I know what NOT to use that don't work online.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Barbie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm For example there are maps where you have to fulfill tasks before you can kill a monster. One solution is to set ReducedDamageType to All initially (=Monster does not take any damage) and set it to None after all tasks have been done.

PS: I also have developed such a thing.
You have some awesome stuff on that page. I have to try out some of those maps too.
Red_Fist wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:01 pm Here maybe you need the damn actor LoL silly me.

download/file.php?id=9791
Ah ...lol ...yes.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:01 pmI just wish these sever guys would test things for online so I know what NOT to use that don't work online.
You can change every property (except CONST "variables") and because it it executed on server, it will have effect. But if you change properties that are not or only replicated once ("bNetInitial"), clients will not notice this change. But because the server decides what is going on, the changes will have effect to clients.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Oh ! speaking of, I cannot get Titans to change visibility on a MH map. The bots will not shoot at them. I changed other things and Titans are in Sitting mode. But as soon as I make visibility 255 on them before the game starts, bots shoot no problem.

But I did get the Titans to not automatically wake up and kill the bots without being triggered to,un-Sit. :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:30 am But I did get the Titans to not automatically wake up and kill the bots without being triggered to,un-Sit. :noidea
Already explained that ScriptedPawn's SetEnemy and Trigger DOESN'T DO anything at Bots except environments FIXED and not UT436-451 which is not fixing itself in anyway, not even in year 2130 if we are using the same UT.
Amazingly... I cannot do more testing in UT469 because for me it has more problems than 436-451 and not less problems.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I don't know if I said that right.

I start out the map with the Sitting Titans with a sight radius of zero, hearing threshold to 10000000 and visibility of 0.

When I trigger them I use a property flipper and change those back to defaults,they get up and start throwing rocks at me, but the bots just don't know they are there.

Everything works, but flipping the visibility don't seem to force it to 255.
It seems like that property can't be changed after the game starts.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:01 pmI don't know if I said that right.
As I understood you, you want to have a sitting Titan ignoring players. When Titan is triggered, he gets up and start fighting.

If so, see Titans code:

Code: Select all

state Sitting {
	ignores SeePlayer, HearNoise, Bump, TakeDamage;
	function Trigger( actor Other, pawn EventInstigator )	{
		if ( EventInstigator.bIsPlayer ) {
			AttitudeToPlayer = ATTITUDE_Hate;
			Enemy = EventInstigator;
			GotoState('Sitting', 'GetUp');
		}
		Disable('Trigger');
	}
But how to get a Titan into this state without coding? :noidea

PS: What does the property visibility do? I didn't notice any difference between values of 0, 100 and 255.
The code in Pawn.uc:

var() 	byte       	Visibility;      //How visible is the pawn? 0 = invisible.
									// 128 = normal.  255 = highly visible.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Barbie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:22 am What does the property visibility do? I didn't notice any difference between values of 0, 100 and 255.
Botpack/Bot.uc:SeePlayer() is affected by PeripheralVision, and also by SightRadius and the target's visibility
UnrealShare/Bots.uc:SeePlayer() is affected by PeripheralVision, and also by SightRadius and the target's visibility
UnrealShare/ScriptedPawn.uc:SeePlayer() is affected by PeripheralVision, and also by SightRadius and the target's visibility
Botpack/Commander.uc: Visibility=0
Botpack/StationaryPawn.uc: Visibility=0
Engine/Pawn.uc: Visibility=128
Engine/Spectator.uc: Visibility=0
UnrealI/Pupae.uc: Visibility=100
UnrealI/Queen.uc: Visibility=250
UnrealI/Titan.uc: Visibility=255
UnrealShare/Brute.uc: Visibility=150
UnrealShare/Devilfish.uc: Visibility=120
UnrealShare/Fly.uc: Visibility=100
UnrealShare/Slith.uc: Visibility=150
UnrealI/Invisibility.uc: Pawn(Owner).Visibility = 10;
UnrealI/Invisibility.uc: Pawn(Owner).Visibility = Pawn(Owner).Default.Visibility;

exec function Invisible(bool B)
{
	if( !bCheatsEnabled )
		return;
	if ( !bAdmin && (Level.Netmode != NM_Standalone) )
		return;
	if (B)
	{
		bHidden = true;
		Visibility = 0;
	}
	else
	{
		bHidden = false;
		Visibility = Default.Visibility;
	}
}
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The Titan DOES get up and start fighting. and throwing rocks at me like crazy, but the bots just "cover me" and get splattered over and over and never shoot the Titan.

A normal sitting Titan in "MH" will wake up right away if it sees bots. no event needed they just get up right away.

I could try that peripheral vision see if that is enough to work. and see if it's switchable in-game. For a Titan it's set to zero, so maybe that can be changed and work. (which don't make sense because it's a property for the Titan, damn things can see just fine)

I see it says Bump, but I had them on the ground not waking up, when a bot bumped it, Titan was waking up but the bot shot it, I have the Titans health at 8 for testing.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.