UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Red_Fist »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:48 pm
Red_Fist wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm " And I don't care a single bit about people's opinions about UT3 "

For people that didn't play UT or Unreal, (or Quake 1) they are too young to appreciate how kiddyfied it is, was, and still is.

Plus all the extra server space, I would rather keep what he did so far. 8)
Whatever, UT3 is still part of the Unreal family, whether the elitist superoldschoolers like it or not.
Ooops I meant UT2003

My only problem with UT3 is I do not appreciate having to "logon" "username" BS same for windows OS. I bought UT3, seemed ok, but the whole thing of username I hardly played at all.

I really do like this archive though, mainly for UT99, and Unreal 2 should have been the old UT99. :(
Binary Space Partitioning
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Shrimp wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:58 pm
Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:23 pm On the other it's jarring that UT3 is forbidden in the Unreal Archives, yet the other "black sheep" of the family, Unreal 2, has a place.
I've spent a lot of time in recent months implementing support for UE3's unpleasant (compared to the relative clean simplicity of UE 1 and 2) package format in the package library, so UT3 content can indeed be supported as well. Hopefully before the end of the year we'll see some stuff for that game/engine coming up in the Archive.

Unfortunately I'm now personally somewhat bandwidth constrained, and as such adding UT3 content which is quite large, may end up taking additional time and resources to bring online.

I'm sorry if you find the lack of UT3 content, and my decision to exclude it, insulting. My original tongue-in-cheek quip was perhaps ill conceived. At the same time the entire system is intended to be open and encourage contribution, however no efforts besides my own have been forthcoming to integrate support for reading UE3 packages which would facilitate the inclusion of such content.
Fair enough. I stand corrected if the only reasons UT3 didn't made the cut for the archive were purely technical.
Red_Fist wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:48 pm
Red_Fist wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm " And I don't care a single bit about people's opinions about UT3 "

For people that didn't play UT or Unreal, (or Quake 1) they are too young to appreciate how kiddyfied it is, was, and still is.

Plus all the extra server space, I would rather keep what he did so far. 8)
Whatever, UT3 is still part of the Unreal family, whether the elitist superoldschoolers like it or not.
Ooops I meant UT2003

My only problem with UT3 is I do not appreciate having to "logon" "username" BS same for windows OS. I bought UT3, seemed ok, but the whole thing of username I hardly played at all.

I really do like this archive though, mainly for UT99, and Unreal 2 should have been the old UT99. :(
Well, in this case UT2K3 could get an omission pass (?) since most of its content still works in UT2004. And yeah, Gamespy integration in UT3 was a bad decision, definitely. Even moreso that GameSpy went belly up 7 years ago, so all that remains is... Steam or the offline profile. :(
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:48 pmWhatever, UT3 is still part of the Unreal family, whether the elitist superoldschoolers like it or not.
I never played UT3. Were there Skaarj in it?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Search function is down again.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Seems to be OK on my side?
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, same here.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I uploaded a handful of packages there at 24 Jun 2020, but they have not appeared yet in "Latest Additions"? :omfg:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Barbie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm I uploaded a handful of packages there at 24 Jun 2020, but they have not appeared yet in "Latest Additions"? :omfg:
I got no submissions on the 24th. Are you sure the virus scan passed? There are ongoing issues with the scan step which just fails (not due to containing viruses, but the service fails).
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Do the virus checks work at any time?
Attachments
Bild1.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Some of the downloads are not working.

Specifically the ones from vohzd... about 10 minutes ago they were all getting a malware warning, but then switched to a message, now they seem to be working again.
Attachments
zzzzClip0001.png
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I'm also unable to upload files. I wanted to upload this UT2004 mappack and several other stuff but I'm being blocked by the virus scan failed message.

https://mega.nz/file/KNAW1K6b#D6QAfZdSh ... 6fxAdxCwCw
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Now I can upload files but the search does not work any more. It just flickers, shows "... Searching ..." for half a second and then the screen looks with empty results as before.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:33 pmI'm also unable to upload files.
I can upload files but not control the thoroughness of the details.

Upload worked but I couldn't put myself as the author, it lists me as "unknown". Actually looking over my previous uploads there (which someone else made) I noticed I'm listed a Unknown on all of them.
Attachments
zzzzzClip0001.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:56 am Upload worked but I couldn't put myself as the author, it lists me as "unknown". Actually looking over my previous uploads there (which someone else made) I noticed I'm listed a Unknown on all of them.
That demonstrates the importance of including a readme (indicating the name of the author) in an archive/upload.

Interestingly I think the authors of several well known 'mods', like NaliWeapons, are also listed as unknown.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:56 amI couldn't put myself as the author, it lists me as "unknown".
Have you set LevelInfo>Author in the map?