UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Shrimp »

That's currently in the design/planning phase at the moment. No ETA.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Awesome works Shrimp!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:28 pm This begs for a search function, especially search by author. I'd submit my newer maps which are not already archived, but it's quite a pain to review which are there or not when you have to browse through several games, several gametypes each.
http://www.destinationunreal.com/index.php has a search by author option in their maps section, so it's clearly possible.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

A simple search has been implemented.

I'll add some help to the search page, but basically you can search for things like "dm bedroom -BT" to search for all DM maps with "Bedroom" in the title or name, and exclude "BT" maps.

Still want to refine the UI a bit, and add options to narrow search to mutators/maps/skins/etc.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Very nice progress, was waiting for this, like more i can imagine.
My suggestion would be more search results being displayed on one page.
:gj:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Shrimp wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am A simple search has been implemented.
The search doesn't work for me (using Firefox on an iMac) - I've no idea why - I'm not blocking scripts, am allowing cookies and have disabled ad blockers (which do prevent some sites working properly). I don't suppose there is anything you can do, I'm just interested about why it doesn't work.

In addition, the search/latest/submit 'button's don't appear at all in Safari on an iPad but the search does work (after manually inputting the address of the search page).
Last edited by OjitroC on Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

I'll add some help to the search page, but basically you can search for things like "dm bedroom -BT" to search for all DM maps with "Bedroom" in the title or name, and exclude "BT" maps.

Still want to refine the UI a bit, and add options to narrow search to mutators/maps/skins/etc.
That's cool, I take it works in the same was as google search?
smeerkat
Skilled
Personal rank: DHR

Post by smeerkat »

Nice site! Somehow, you've found every UT99 map I made. Makes me squirm, but I support it 100%. :gj:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for that, and I have two suggestions:
  • Add a no results-result so that user can distinguish between a broken coding (empty web page area) and a search with no results.
  • Try to find out if the meta chars ("+" or "-" for example) are part of the search string or meant as search control chars. If I search for example for "MH-LoostMine+SBMod2" I don't want to get results that do not contain "LoostMine" but contain "SBMod2". :lol2:
PS: another suggestion is to mention the kind of hash (md5, CRC64, SHA1, ...) on that web page so that users don't have to puzzle out that by themselves.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:54 pm The search doesn't work for me (using Firefox on an iMac) - I've no idea why - I'm not blocking scripts, am allowing cookies and have disabled ad blockers (which do prevent some sites working properly). I don't suppose there is anything you can do, I'm just interested about why it doesn't work.

In addition, the search/latest/submit 'button's don't appear at all in Safari on an iPad but the search does work (after manually inputting the address of the search page).
Unfortunately, I don't know why it doesn't work for you... I tried it on Firefox on a MacBook and it seems to work. What version of Firefox are you using?

I adjusted the menu a few days ago to include a hamburger, so the search/latest/submit options should be available on mobile now.
esnesi wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 pm My suggestion would be more search results being displayed on one page.
Shows 30 items on a page now rather than 10. I reduced it to 10 to test pagination and forgot to increase it :tongue:
Barbie wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:51 pm
  • Add a no results-result so that user can distinguish between a broken coding (empty web page area) and a search with no results.
  • Try to find out if the meta chars ("+" or "-" for example) are part of the search string or meant as search control chars. If I search for example for "MH-LoostMine+SBMod2" I don't want to get results that do not contain "LoostMine" but contain "SBMod2". :lol2:
PS: another suggestion is to mention the kind of hash (md5, CRC64, SHA1, ...) on that web page so that users don't have to puzzle out that by themselves.
Added a "No results" display.

Good point on the modifier characters, it does seem as if searching for a map's name like "DM-Deck16" will include all DM results and actually exclude the "Deck16" one you're looking for :D. I could suggest a workaround of just searching for "DM Deck16" for the moment, but will have to figure out how to support searching for map names but also supporting using inclusive or exclusive modifiers.

All hashes are SHA1, I will try to make it clearer somehow.
ShrimpWorks
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Good point on the modifier characters, it does seem as if searching for a map's name like "DM-Deck16" will include all DM results and actually exclude the "Deck16" one you're looking for :D. I could suggest a workaround of just searching for "DM Deck16" for the moment, but will have to figure out how to support searching for map names but also supporting using inclusive or exclusive modifiers.

All hashes are SHA1, I will try to make it clearer somehow.
perhaps use the "space" character as a delimiter?

meaning that it a query looks like this "DM-Deck16" then that is taken literally.. but if the query is like this "DM -Deck16" then the exclude filter kicks in because of the "space" between DM & -Deck16?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Hell of a job man, it's workin for me. ! :thuup:

And thanks for MH friggen excelent , other than leaving out the damn code you tard, LoL grrrrrr, stuck with those pawns and leaving UT without MH pack to make a new actor, you should be at a whipiping post. :lol2:
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Nice work so far, but I'm missing a field to leave a comment. For example to mark duplicate entries or to ask to delete map "TestSBInvulnerabilityV2" - this is only a test map of the package "SBInvulnerabilityV2".
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

The inability to comment is a design decision - not a limitation at the moment. The archive is intended to facilitate creating a zero-dependency local reproduction, which mostly precludes the introduction of most dynamic content.

However it's not unreasonable to probably add a link on each item to create an issue on GitHub, where problems like duplicates or incorrect information can be resolved.

> And thanks for MH friggen excelent , other than leaving out the damn code you tard, LoL grrrrrr, stuck with those pawns and leaving UT without MH pack to make a new actor, you should be at a whipiping post.

In my defence I was young and ignorant of the benefits of open development :D.

Anyway. Things have slowed down in terms updates and enhancements and the gametypes section since I''ve been in the process of rearranging my life and moving and stuff, and may shortly not have internet access for a while, so WYSIWYG at the moment.
ShrimpWorks
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Dunno if this counts as a double post, since the last one was over a month ago... But here we go.

The lockdown has given me a bit more time to hack on a few things.

- The search has been improved, so you can search for dm-bathroom now, without it excluding all results including the word "bathroom" :D
- Maps all have a "Bot/AI Support" flag now too, based on the presence of PathNodes and whether there are reachspecs present in the map, which is used as an indication that the author at least dropped some paths in and built them. It may not be 100% perfect but hopefully acts as a guide. A little icon is shown on map listings as well as displaying the flag on the info pages.
ShrimpWorks