New GIANT SIZE map

If you have found new Downloads or created something by your own, please announce it here
Post Reply
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 7103
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

New GIANT SIZE map

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Found on facebook:
http://nixut99.forumotion.com/t22-new-d ... JGXDutc_Z0

There's screenshots at the link... download near the top.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Swanky
Adept
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm
Personal rank: Brush Commander
Location: inside ze bocks
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Swanky » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm

nix is still mapping?

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9638
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by papercoffee » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Psssst ...Yes he is.

User avatar
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Personal rank: Good news everyone!
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by FraGnBraG » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:19 am

Nix! cool! and that map looks really good ... will have to check out the maps on his site!

Thanks EG

User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora
Location: TN, USA
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Chamberly » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:41 am

He posted it on discord too!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
UTPe
Adept
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:10 pm
Personal rank: Dude
Location: Trieste, Italy

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by UTPe » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:28 am

http://nixut99.forumotion.com/f2-my-per ... t-download

yes, new maps for sniper community !

this is Chernobyl, one of my favourites: http://nixut99.forumotion.com/t8-dm-esgchernobylfinal
Personal UT99 website: http://utdatabase.gamezoo.org | Personal forum: http://fragfinity.freeforums.org/index.php
Personal file database: http://ut99files.gamezoo.org | Personal map database: http://ut99maps.gamezoo.org

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)

User avatar
Gustavo6046
Inhuman
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Finite
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Gustavo6046 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:19 am

I have covered as many areas as possible with PathNodes. I didn't use them sparingly, as I should have, but that's because I don't want to leave many safe spots bots can't reach. I'm sure this mediocre pathwork can be replaced, though ^_^
Attachments
DM-[SV]Savage_Records][-Pathed.unr.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

User avatar
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Personal rank: Good news everyone!
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by FraGnBraG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 am

you are missing files - you need to include all files in the zip.

User avatar
Gustavo6046
Inhuman
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Finite
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Gustavo6046 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm

You just need to extract the original first. I'm not going to reinclude files that I haven't even touched.

User avatar
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Personal rank: Good news everyone!
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by FraGnBraG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Gustavo6046 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm
You just need to extract the original first...
ah i see. looks like original not intended for botplay, which is okay.
I guess you did this because you want some moving bots to shoot.
I took a quick look - commendable effort man :) but you must like pain :P

Just a note or two...

1. use less pathnodes on the open floor areas (don't waste them there)
2. just make sure bots can reach pickups, etc.
3. needs more teleporters to each level where they can snipe from
4. use many ambuspoints, where you want them to snipe from - you can
trigger these if you want, or just basic sniping/defense setup
5. use many jumpspots so bots will change levels with hammer
(so they can jump up and down)
6. place some playerstarts in the highest areas.

7. test paths with a bot teamate... set all nodes/actors visible, order the bot
to follow you and see which nodes they never use. delete those. When done
put actors back to hidden.

just some thoughts

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 7103
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:05 am

Not sure why this has never occurred to me before.

GIANT SIZE maps would be perfect for this - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13129

It'd have to be bot-pathed well, but it could work!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
Arcaon
Novice
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am
Personal rank: The Best One

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Arcaon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:01 am

thanks for releasing here insted of me haha i wasnt registered on this site until now. theres a newer map already that came out in the last few days.
https://nixut99.forumotion.com/t24-new- ... sniper-map
Image

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2349
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by UnrealGGecko » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:06 am

Btw this is a different niX from the one that made the CTC maps, learned that the hard way LOL.

User avatar
Arcaon
Novice
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am
Personal rank: The Best One

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Arcaon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 am

i dont know who is that but that wasnt ever me. steal my name. Cant use my own nickname how people knows me. Ihave to register as NiXDominate ridiclious hahaha...... im here since 99 so i cant even imagine he doesnt saw my name before took it.
Image

User avatar
Arcaon
Novice
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am
Personal rank: The Best One

Re: New GIANT SIZE map

Post by Arcaon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:14 pm

FraGnBraG wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Gustavo6046 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm
You just need to extract the original first...
ah i see. looks like original not intended for botplay, which is okay.
I guess you did this because you want some moving bots to shoot.
I took a quick look - commendable effort man :) but you must like pain :P

Just a note or two...

1. use less pathnodes on the open floor areas (don't waste them there)
2. just make sure bots can reach pickups, etc.
3. needs more teleporters to each level where they can snipe from
4. use many ambuspoints, where you want them to snipe from - you can
trigger these if you want, or just basic sniping/defense setup
5. use many jumpspots so bots will change levels with hammer
(so they can jump up and down)
6. place some playerstarts in the highest areas.

7. test paths with a bot teamate... set all nodes/actors visible, order the bot
to follow you and see which nodes they never use. delete those. When done
put actors back to hidden.

just some thoughts


Everything you listed here is unneccesery for the gamestyle i made maps for. we got a Sniper rifle and a translocator for this game. Bots cant play that kind of game so they doesnt got any job to do. we dont even got bots ion the server lol. no reason for. but if you doing a monsterhunt remix yeah have fun with it :D
Image

Post Reply