Original Doom Textures

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Original Doom Textures

Post by EvilGrins »

Had these awhile but only just realized i'd never shared them before. Got from one of the many UT sites that no longer exists.

Keep in mind, these are from the original Doom game... so they're kinda 16-bit and most are not 256x256, but I've used them in edits for awhile now and they do okay. Some are even animated.

I have no idea who made these, though I can't honestly say if I forgot or just never knew.

Been using them most recently in an edit I'm working on.
Attachments
Shot0181.png
doom2T.zip
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Original Doom Textures

Post by Gustavo6046 »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:42 pm Keep in mind, these are from the original Doom game... so they're kinda 16-bit and most are not 256x256, but I've used them in edits for awhile now and they do okay. Some are even animated.
Err, 8-bit, to be more precise -- they're 256-colour, indexed, just like UT textures. But they collectively use the Doom palette, rather than each having their own texture-specific palette like Unreal textures do. Flats (floor and ceiling textures) are always 64x64, for vanilla Doom anyway. Textures can vary more.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction