[Nexgen] Nexgen Teamspeak 3 Connector Version 2

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

[Nexgen] Nexgen Teamspeak 3 Connector Version 2

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

After more than 5 years and a break from UT, the Nexgen TeamSpeak 3 Connector (NTSC) got a complete overhault - presenting version 2!

Nexgen Teamspeak 3 Connector Version 2

Introduction
NTSC introduces a proper voice communication integration to UT99, using the 3rd party software Teamspeak 3. A serveradmin running the Nexgen Server Controller can use this plugin to connect his gameserver to a Teamspeak 3 server - players will be able to conveniently connect to predefined channel(s), receive live data from the teamspeak server ingame and more.

Features
Using it's own TCP connection to the Teamspeak Server, this plugin can handle and offer anything you want (new features of version 2 are highlighted):
  • Connect to the gameserver's Teamspeak 3 server conveniently
  • Get live data from the Teamspeak server. This includes:
    - Other clients in the channel(s)
    - See whether a client is talking, silent or muted
    - Get informed about new clients or left client in your channel
  • The data is displayed in Nexgen or via a HUD overlay directly on your screen
  • 2 modes for serveradmins:
    - Single channel mode: All players are in a single Teamspeak channel.
    - Multi channel mode: Players are automatically sorted in their respective team channel, or in a mixed channel for all players. This mode can be used to make exclusive gameserver channels!

Preview
Single channel mode

Multi channel mode

Ingame HUD

Client Manual

Code: Select all

To use this mod, the Teamspeak 3 Client needs to be installed on your computer. You can download it 
for a selection of operating system for FREE from their official site:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Follow the install instructions to set it up correctly. No further information or support is provided 
on this matter,as it is not related to this plugin. If you need help, look on their homepage or post 
in the TS forum.

The following manual assumes that you have installed and configured Teamspeak 3 correctly.

As soon as you are connected to a UT99 gameserver running this plugin, you will find the NTSC in-game 
tab in Nexgen. Say '!open' to bring up the Nexgen window and click on the tab 'Teamspeak' on the upper
end of the window. 
Alternatively, you can directly bring up the tab by saying '!ts'.

Depending on the gameserver's configuration, you'll either see a single list or 4 lists on the left 
half of the tab, and 3 panels on the right half. The former are the live channel query lists and 
display the current players connected to the TS server in their respective channel. Additional 
teamspeak flags are displayed as an icon to indicate standby, speaking, muted microphone or no 
microphone.

The first panel on the right allows you to control your connection to the TS server. By clicking the 
button 'Connect', it will start up your Teamspeak 3 Client and lets it connect to the gameserver's 
specific Teamspeak server. NOTE: UT may minimize during this process. You can either switch back to 
UT manually, or use the setting 'Connect in windowed Mode' (see further below for more info). Your OS 
may open up a window asking which program to use. If so, continue by selecting the Teamspeak 3 Client 
in the pop up window and click OK. If setup right, your Teamspeak 3 Client will start up now and 
automatically connect to the Teamspeak server. If the server is configured to use a single channel, 
you automatically enter it on join. Otherwise, NTSC will move you to your desired channel according to 
your 'Default TS Channel' setting.
Hint: You can perform this action quickly by saying '!tsjoin'.

Clicking the 'Disconnect' button will close your connection to the TS server. Teamspeak will tell you 
that you have been kicked from the server - don't worry, that's how it's supposed to be and you are 
neither kicked or banned for good.
Hint: You can perform this action quickly by saying '!tsleave'.

'Change Channel' - as the name suggests, this button allows you to switch between the Mixed Channel 
and your specifc Team Channel if the server is configured to use multi channels.
Hint: You can perform this action quickly by saying '!tsswitch'.

Underneath the Control panel you'll find 5 personal client-settings to optimize your Teamspeak 
experience:

- The first setting, called 'Auto connect to TS on join', will automatically run the 'Connect' action 
  after joined the gameserver if you are not connected to TS yet.

- 'Connect in windowed mode' is relevant when your client initially connects to the TS server. UT will 
  minimize during this process. However, you can minimize the impact on your gameplay by enabling this 
  option: As soon as you press the 'Connect' button, UT will switch to windowed mode, preventing the 
  game from minimizing completely and allows you to still take part in the game for these seconds. 
  When your connection was successful, UT will toggle itself back to fullscreen mode.

- Next is a setting to modify your in-game notifications: By disabling 'Message on channel joins/
  leaves', NTSC will stop from informing you on new or disconnected TS clients in your channel.
  Note that this will only stop the UT messages on the top left side of your screen; the voice 
  notifications (e.g. 'User joined your channel') are a feature of your Teamspeak 3 Client and 
  therefore have to be disabled in TS.

- The 'Default TS channel' setting is available if the server is configured to use multi channels. It 
  specifies the channel you will be moved to when you join the TS server / reconnect to the gameserver. 
  You can decide between the Mixed Channel, or your specific Team Channel. You can always switch the 
  channels afterwards using the 'Switch channel' button.

- The 'Enable HUD Overlay' setting enables or disables the HUD on the left side of your screen. You can
  set it to be always on, only when you are connected to the Teamspeak server (your TS nick has to match 
  your UT nick for that) or always off.

For your convenience, you can directly open the Teamspeak 3 Downloadpage by clicking the button on the last panel.

Note that your TS nick has to match your UT nick in order for NTSC to recognize it and e.g. inform about channel joins/leaves.
This might not work if you are using special characters in your nick. Connect via NTSC in this case, as the special characters are escaped.
Requirements
Download Demo
Running on my server, IP: 50.3.71.234:7777

Changelog

Code: Select all

- Version 2.01:
  [Added]     - Teaspeak (teaspeak.de) server support
  [Fixed]     - Possible channel detection fail

- Version 2.00:
  [Changed]   - Teamspeak query is now periodic instead of event driven
  [Added]     - Non-UT TS clients are now also displayed and considered for joins/leaves messages
              - Additional TS flags are displayed (country, talking, muted, microphone available)
              - Single channel mode
              - HUD overlay
              - Tab caption displays connected client amount
  [Fixed]     - Going into windowed mode when client was already in it caused going fullscreen
  [Removed]   - Check connection button as it is no longer used

- Version 1.00:
  [Misc]: - First public release.
Detailed setup instructions can be found in the Readme!

I appreciate all feedback and I'm available for further assistance, just reply to this thread or send me a pm/mail.
Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: [Nexgen] Nexgen Teamspeak 3 Connector Version 2

Post by Que »

Welcome back Sp0ngeb0b :tu: a great job you've done here as always a high quality of work :D
now if only you could make one for Discord! hehe
Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Que on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Que wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:04 pm Welcome back Sp0ngeb0b :tu: a great job you've done here as always a quality of work :D
now if only you could make one for Discord! hehe
Keep up the good work!
You beat me too it! Everyone, and I mean everyone has migrated to discord. This is still awesome though!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Yeah I've more or less noticed that too. However, I was not able to find a corresponding API for Discord's voice functions, and I kinda doubt they offer something similar to the TCP query interface from Teamspeak 3. If you are aware of something, I'm happy to hear that :)
Website, Forum & UTStats

[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

thanks for this new :D
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:13 pm Yeah I've more or less noticed that too. However, I was not able to find a corresponding API for Discord's voice functions, and I kinda doubt they offer something similar to the TCP query interface from Teamspeak 3. If you are aware of something, I'm happy to hear that :)
Not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd post it anyway

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/ ... cord-voice
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Minor maintenance update. First post updated.
Website, Forum & UTStats

[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

@Sp0ngeb0b

have a plugin to block a specific user or several users, so as not to listen to provocations??
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666