MH-EscapeFromNaZaliBeta1

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-EscapeFromNaZaliBeta1

Post by sektor2111 »

Assault is not MonsterHunt, and then all "Assault(Level.Game)" calls will fail into Accessed Nones.
Already too much creativity it's just ruining the work... All right, map can be stabilized as a complete MonsterHunt map from this point... I'll take a look around it...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TexasGtar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:24 am Right now I have an issue. Is it possible to use the assault info to get objectives in a monster hunt map? I tried 1st objective but it appears not to recognize it. I think having mission objectives makes sense in this kind of map and a screenshot in case people get lost to help them find their way.

Is there some other actor that I can use to make the mission objectives work in MH? (F3 button in assault)
Perhaps you can do it in a slightly different way using the Translator and TranslatorEvent? Just a thought. A TranslatorEvent at the start shows all the objectives and then a TranslatorEvent at the end of each objective shows a decreasing list of objectives in the Translator perhaps?

The Translator is used in some SP maps to show the storyline or useful hints on what to do and so it could possibly be used for what you want to achieve.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

But Translator does not work in MH?
I solve this usually with a Trigger and a SpecialEvent that tells all players what to do next. Ofc the Trigger should have a long ReTriggerDelay (2-3 min) and be deactivated when the objective is done.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 pm But Translator does not work in MH?
Oh right - what about the UTTranslator (or doesn't that work as well)?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So... MH-Sk_Tarmation2 doesn't look that bad with triggers set with sounds and messages like a Translator. Why would be used a bugger then ?
SpecialEvent works, Dispatcher works, Trigger works... Any other needs ?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yes need.

I want to see the last task, and not rummage in the console looking for it.
Or remembering.
Or waiting for the timer to fire and the message again.

This cannot be solved by current means.

You need to use mutators.

And for good, such an opportunity should have been in MH from the very beginning.

Just like saving the last text in the translator and the ability to call it at any time.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Buggie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:23 pm Yes need.

I want to see the last task, and not rummage in the console looking for it.
Or remembering.
Or waiting for the timer to fire and the message again.

This cannot be solved by current means.

You need to use mutators.

And for good, such an opportunity should have been in MH from the very beginning.

Just like saving the last text in the translator and the ability to call it at any time.
That's what I'm saying. lol I just thought there would be an actor I haven't found yet.
==========================
Thanks for the 'work around' ideas EVERYONE. I'll get that going and see what it looks like.
============================================================
sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:28 am ... Already too much creativity it's just ruining the work...
I don't know what to say about this comment. Not the way I roll.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:23 pm Just like saving the last text in the translator and the ability to call it at any time.
The UTTranslator seems to do that - readme says
Spoiler
Working Method:
At On-screen small message which says "New Translator Message" or "Translator Message"
or such, you might want to have a key bound for <InventoryActivate> command
in User.Ini.
My Case is:

[User.ini]
Enter=InventoryActivate

At using key, message will spam screen. If you are around TranslatorEvent Location,
message will stay until you leave contact with said TranslatorEvent.
You can activate this last message anytime by toggling key for <InventoryActivate> command
or deactivating message using the same key, even if you are far from TranslatorEvent
Location.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yep. It is mutator:

Code: Select all

class UTTranslator expands Mutator;
Of course you can do these things with mutator embed into map.
Maybe even HUD mutator.

But it it not way as it must be done.

Also it better allow see CrticalMessage events and switch next/prev in its history.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

The critical messages and the monster events do not have screenshots. Maybe I need to build a help center station where you can SEE what the next objective is if you need it. Maybe not. I don't know. Sounds like a dumb idea.
If you're lost would you be able to find "help station?"

I have Monster event messages throughout map now telling you what to do next. That should help.

I was going to look at map mentioned but the download does not have packages needed. (MH-Sk_Tarmation2)

I don't have that UTTranslator in my actor list. Does that have the ability to show a texture? That's what I am trying to get. Not just a message.

Anyone want to try and code that assault info into a working monster hunt info actor? Sounds impossible for me, but I couldn't code anything but maybe html. I'll just go ahead with the monster event messages. At least it gets displayed on screen where everybody can see it, even if it is for only 5 seconds. And that is what people are used to.

One more thing: No one has explained how to get rid of the GRAB issue. (sidenote: I tried that grab trick when my nali died before the 3rd door and the 2nd spawn point was broken like Barbie said. Is it possible that you(Barbie) did a grab on the 3rd door the time the 2nd spawn area was borked? If you remember. I think this is what happened.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

In theory, you can write a mutator for info with pictures. You can even make it look like an HTML page with pictures.

Although it's easier to do as a preview of the map when connected to the server - the picture is in a static place.

But there are more interesting technologies - Canvas.DrawPortal. It allows you to draw a picture directly from the game, near a given actor.

Most often, though, text is usually sufficient.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

TexasGtar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:44 am I tried that grab trick when my nali died before the 3rd door and the 2nd spawn point was broken like Barbie said. Is it possible that you(Barbie) did a grab on the 3rd door the time the 2nd spawn area was borked?
I had to open all doors by cheat because the Nali dies within seconds with multiple players online. :satan:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

We must give the players an alternative.

Either save Nali, or press the button to get 1000 monsters respawn, kill them all and the door will open.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Barbie wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:33 pm
TexasGtar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:44 am I tried that grab trick when my nali died before the 3rd door and the 2nd spawn point was broken like Barbie said. Is it possible that you(Barbie) did a grab on the 3rd door the time the 2nd spawn area was borked?
I had to open all doors by cheat because the Nali dies within seconds with multiple players online. :satan:
lol Duh, of course they did. :loool:

I was thinking though. If the grab trick stops events from firing.(that second spawn area was event of 3rd door)..that may be a way to keep a door from being opened maybe?
Let's say I have a double door set up, one opens with nali, one opens with event fired from first door. Not sure if this would stop second door from grab trick too though.

=============================================
Buggie wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:21 pm We must give the players an alternative.

Either save Nali, or press the button to get 1000 monsters respawn, kill them all and the door will open.
The multi player version is the alternative.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

You should lock the nali up until all the monsters are dead. Then "rescue" him and-or put it's health up to max so it can't die.

Then have him do a walk to the end.

I didn't try the map yet.

Or have a nali move after each area is done.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning