The Ornithomimus

If you have found new Downloads or created something by your own, please announce it here
OjitroC
Godlike

The Ornithomimus

Post by OjitroC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Another uncommon player/bot model - haven't seen this on the usual UT file sites.

The Ornithomimus (seen here on NeonJupiter - it evidently had red blood :P )
Orni.jpg
It moves OK (rather like an ornithomimus would have done, with long strides) but, as you can see, it does not hold a weapon correctly. It's kind of cartoonish in appearance - the skin includes all the team colours. An ideal candidate for conversion to a scriptedpawn perhaps?

Anyway here it is for anyone interested
Ornithomimus.zip
It seems to me that this is a conversion of a Quake2 player model that was made by Conor O'Kane - in this zip are the sounds for the model and the original readme from O'Kane
OrniSounds.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

esnesi
Inhuman
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: The Ornithomimus

Post by esnesi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Nice model!
Just replace good ol loque in the server for it.

I noticed that when the model gets in action/starts targetting the enemy, and keeps shooting it, the running animation changes into sliding over the ground sadly.

OjitroC
Godlike

Re: The Ornithomimus

Post by OjitroC » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:05 am

esnesi wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 pm
I noticed that when the model gets in action/starts targetting the enemy, and keeps shooting it, the running animation changes into sliding over the ground sadly.
That's a pity. I must admit I didn't try it out much, just a quick game with it. I did look at the animations in UModel (basically to see what the model actually looked like) and noticed that, though there are a lot of anims, some of them are the same for different 'actions'; I also noticed that there are only two anims (I think) for shooting when walking/running and the model appeared to be stationary when shooting - I didn't really think much about it then but that lack of sufficient/proper anims probably explains the sliding. It also may explain why this model is not to be found much :P