Cosmic Unreal Mutators

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Phorce
Experienced
Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Cosmic Unreal Mutators

Post by Phorce »

I found this while sorting my UT files out. <sneeze> ...lots of dust on these ! There's dl's here I've never even installed ! This is gonna be interesting. This one still has a website and dl page :)

http://cosmic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/index.html

Here's the text for CU v300 ... (more mutators on the site)

What is it?

Why are all characters the same? Why shouldn't some characters have certain advantages/disadvantages over other characters? And why must all battles be equally balanced? This is the basic premise behind Cosmic Unreal. Sometimes one player will have an advantage over you and sometimes you will have an advantage over another player.

Cosmic Unreal (CU) is a special mutator for Unreal Tournament that allows for different mutations to be applied to different players and bots. So instead of a mutator affecting everyone/everything on a level in exactly the same way, it allows for mutators to affect individual players. Note that because CU is itself a mutator, it can be used with other mutators and with other game type.

Cosmic Unreal can also be see as the ultimate in class based mods. Offering numerous configuration options, plug-in class types and lots of other bonuses. Cosmic Unrela

As a very simple example: In a deathmatch, one player can run fast, one player can jump high, one player is stealthed, and one player has a more powerful gun. Of course this is just the beginning. In a team game, one player could have extra knowledge and be a leader, one player could be a slow but good defender, one could be disguised as an opponent, and the last could be a team doctor. It can even get so advanced as one player can steal another player's powers, one player can not use weapons but has a spell book with numerous effects, and another player can open up worm-holes in the fabric of time.

CU is also available in 3 other langues : Spanish, Finnish, and Italian thanks to the work of Jim, Iiro Lempinen, and Major Disaster. Many thanks for there work.
"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks
Emperor
Average
Personal rank: Rtma Eros Paragon

Re: Cosmic Unreal Mutators

Post by Emperor »

Server Not Found. :(
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Last post was around 9 years ago. Are you all right ? First time I was thinking that is about an update... If you say that server is not found I believe after 9 years no one will start it and maybe even is completely out of order as machine.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Emperor wrote:Server Not Found. :(
Have a look at http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=GameTypes/Cosmic/
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »