Anti 3d Crash

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
iloveut99
Skilled

Anti 3d Crash

Post by iloveut99 »

Anti 3d Crash v0.2 by iloveut99

Stops direct 3d crashing exploit.

It was based in the existing "Emailer's nod3dcrash"
mutator, but it uses less cpu time and does not produce
access none errors.

This mutator can even detect changes of the skin during the
mid of gameplay and prevent the hack. It makes periodical checks.

By default it kicks players found with the hack. You can
however ban them if you intended so using the follow section of
the ini, use it carefully:
[anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash]
bBanInsteadOfKick=False

This is completely server side, no downloads required.

Install:
-Setup as mutator "anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash"

versions log:

18-05-2014 v0.2
- Now the mutator kicks instead of ban by default (configurable)
- Reduced the time between checks and optimized the code
- Fixed some access none warning when using with PURE VA
--------------------
27-09-2010 v0.1
- Initial Release
Enjoy...
Attachments
anti3dcrash02.zip
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by iloveut99 on Sun May 18, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Re: Anti 3d Crash

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:it still uses a timer that checks all players every 5 seconds. you wouldve been better using the one i emailed you just recently. instead of banning them it simply changes their mesh to a lady when they join (no midgame checks). the only time i would recommend using something with timers like this is if you insist on having valhala avatar where players can change their player or voice midgame instead of between rounds or before connecting
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

If they go to a server with the intention of crashing they deserve ban in my opinion.

Also I think there are some skin changers out there that are able to change the skins in midgame, so I believe it's pretty easy to do a small mod to change to 3d crash skin in midgame, even after someone entered clean.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:as long as you are telling the person using the mod that its going to add to the ban list i guess. and okay i think there is an older version of UT that will allow changing of skins in-game. i guess you know what you're doing (re: timers). nice release on that score recovery btw :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

is it possible to change your colour in a team-game without changing the team? ...I did see something similar and it was pretty annoying because you can't tell what team this guy is till he capture your flag.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Hello, Access Nones reporting...

(These happened after installing UTPureRC7G's VA - on my BunnyTrack server.)
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-Maverick.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-CB-EvilTwin.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-Absolution][.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None

etc. I get many spamming of these on my server log.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You can try this fix http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4670

some more notes:

I can't remember the characters I used to override the texture names, but fairly sure whatever I overrided with was unusable in the game. I have given some instructions so you can do this yourself or check what I used when hex editing it

This may not work alongside Val Avatar or any of it's variations. Untested, but there is a version that lets you enter in banned skins I believe. I detailed in the thread that the best way to stop it would be to change the skin, mesh or face with modifylogin (when they join). IIRC you have to make a new gametype if you want to prevent them changing it mid-game. If you have a BT server you are probably using modifyplayer to block portal cheats, if you make another modifyplayer mutator then ensure whichever is ordered first continues the event through the mutator chain
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Well, that's obvious that I thought that (nod3dcrash) and this (anti3dcrash) are the same thing. Will look over it soon.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:If I remember right, he took the existing one for his own use and added a command that bans players by ip instead of only kicking them. And if I recall he claimed to have fixed the accessed nones. Either way if you use this odds are your banlist is going to get entries and the players banned won't even be aware of why. He could've at least mentioned this so people would have an auto clear of the banlist occasionally
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

Chamberly wrote:Hello, Access Nones reporting...

(These happened after installing UTPureRC7G's VA - on my BunnyTrack server.)
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-Maverick.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-CB-EvilTwin.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: anti3dcrash CTF-BT-Absolution][.anti3dcrash0 (Function anti3dcrash.anti3dcrash.Timer:0031) Accessed None

etc. I get many spamming of these on my server log.
hi sorry for this very late response, I have not been in the ut modding for a long time.

billybill is right I have based in a existing mutator (nod3dcrash), removed the accessed nones (increased the time interval check too) and replaced the kick for ban (all this is in the readme).

It seems when I wrote this mutator it didn't displayed any accessed none warning, but I hadn't tested with the UTPureRC7G's VA. That should be the cause of the problem.

I will look if I can reproduce that problem and if so fix it. I will also turn the ban optional being the kick the default option.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Oh yeah... after sending you a PM, I do remember that it kinda show up almost the same except different accessed nones codes for the nod3dcrash. : $
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded the new version in first post.
18-05-2014 v0.2
- Now the mutator kicks instead of ban by default (configurable)
- Reduced the time between checks and optimized the code
- Fixed some access none warning when using with PURE VA
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

papercoffee wrote:is it possible to change your colour in a team-game without changing the team? ...I did see something similar and it was pretty annoying because you can't tell what team this guy is till he capture your flag.
I saw that from time to time, and normally it was only me or just 1 other player who saw one with wrong team colour. Seems to be a bug on the player who sees the wrong colour.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Oh gosh I remember that now... either that I'm thinking it's in UTPure that causes that or what, I don't know. I've been playing on different servers and maybe without UTPure and none of that appear? O.o Not sure.

I've hardly ever seen that kind of stuff anymore except on sniper servers. lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

noccer wrote:
papercoffee wrote:is it possible to change your colour in a team-game without changing the team? ...I did see something similar and it was pretty annoying because you can't tell what team this guy is till he capture your flag.
I saw that from time to time, and normally it was only me or just 1 other player who saw one with wrong team colour. Seems to be a bug on the player who sees the wrong colour.
Can't be a simple bug ...it was on those Rocket Launcher Olympic "what ever" server where a guy went through everyone because they and me thought he is in our team (he didn't shoot at us) ... then he changed back to blue and grabbed the flag ...his team mates kept us in close combat. For me does it look like the other team did know, that he could do this.
And on top of all this ... regardless how many new rounds started ...these guys started every time in the same team. It felt like auto-balance couldn't affect them.