Balance Game v0.2f

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
iloveut99
Skilled

Balance Game v0.2f

Post by iloveut99 »

Balance Game v0.2f

This a small mutator that I did for my ut99 rocket arena server. I noticed that play
rocket DeathMatch was just boring alone, so I decided to write some that would
"break the ice". Also I wanted that even weak players could enjoy the deathmatch
and kill something.

What it do?
-Reward weakers with powerups and redeemers
-Reward everybody with Amplifier and redeemers in order to "break the ice"

This is everything did at a random time.

Install:
-Add in server ini at the part [Engine.GameEngine]:
ServerPackages=bmessagesv02

-Play as mutator "BalanceGamev02.BalanceGamev02"

iloveut99

versions log:

--------------------------
?-09-2010 v0.2f
-Some bug fixes
(there were a lot of builds not here registered in the middle)
?-?-2010 v0.1
-Initial Release
Enjoy.
Attachments
BalanceGamev02f.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Re: Balance Game v0.2f

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

Hi man,

I saw this one on already three different servers and it does add some fun there.

But I think it has some flaws:
It auto-selects the redeemers handed-out - like this you easily blow up yourself if the server does allow self-damage. Also it feels like this always advantages the same persons while others don't get a frag for their shots. No idea why.
It hands out Invis which is bad imo with campers and rocket spam.
It makes some players too healthy.
It tends to always help players joining late even if they rule. (ain't balancing :))
Further I think it spreads too many things and therefore is too little of a rocket-arena play.
iloveut99
Skilled

Re: Balance Game v0.2f

Post by iloveut99 »

a9902957@nepwk.com wrote:Hi man,

I saw this one on already three different servers and it does add some fun there.

It auto-selects the redeemers handed-out - like this you easily blow up yourself if the server does allow self-damage. Also it feels like this always advantages the same persons while others don't get a frag for their shots. No idea why.
It tends to always help players joining late even if they rule. (ain't balancing :))
Further I think it spreads too many things and therefore is too little of a rocket-arena play.
Hi,

first of all sorry for answer this late. I've been very busy lately.
Thanks.
It auto-selects the redeemers handed-out - like this you easily blow up yourself if the server does allow self-damage. Also it feels like this always advantages
Yes this may be an disadvantage indeed. I did this to weakers players had a chance to kill also with the redeemer, also thought it would be fun instant earthquakes. However this prejudice skilled players.
It only hands out invis to weaker players (at least with less than 10 frags than the first), so it doesn't unbalance the game I believe.
Same of the above but only for players with a difference of 15 frags I believe.
Same of above, the main idea was try to copy Mario Kart idea of award weak players with better powerups.
There's always the option to not use it if you want a more pure rocket play. Do you have any ideas how to improve the mod regarding this point?