» Massive For-Public UT File Dump <now active> ...

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: » Massive For-Public UT File Dump <now active> ...

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:sorry, can you delete that middle one. and I hate monologuing as much as anyone else
Done ...but I merged your middle post with your newest one... is this ok for you?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:no prob. You could close the thread too if he's not coming back I guess. I'll keep those files up for a few weeks before deleting them . I hope he at least puts the html files into the main. and here's hoping he didn't compress a bunch of corrupt files because I only tested for files in archives that wouldn't extract
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

bloody torrents. This thread will be no use eventually as torrents need active seeding the same as sites need hosting.

Before/if this thread is locked I thought I'd share this with you for anyone who wants the FilePlanet archives
http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Fileplanet
Wish I'd found it before ! Though I think you have to DL the lot. I can't see a way of finding an individual DL :(
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Dr.Flay wrote:bloody torrents. This thread will be no use eventually as torrents need active seeding the same as sites need hosting.

Before/if this thread is locked I thought I'd share this with you for anyone who wants the FilePlanet archives
http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Fileplanet
Wish I'd found it before ! Though I think you have to DL the lot. I can't see a way of finding an individual DL :(
Well, only the maps are torrented in Kelly's file dump - I did put up a list of maps available, as did Kelly.
The maps are a real good thing but I wish they could be hosted as individual map downloads somewhere. :?
We'll keep looking and pushing for this. :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:how big are they? they aren't on his corrupted hard drive are they? if they are then it would take a lot of convincing to have me slowly sort 7TB piece by piece to fill the missing archives
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

There is No "corrupted" hard drive, LOL :lol: never was - it is just a file dump of many and various UT files that Kelly (aka JackGriffin) has gathered from various UT sites across the web as we originally said.
These files are currently on his UTrustedPlayer website at the link given in the first post of this thread. (all files except for the maps)
It is what it is - take what you want or leave it. :tu:
If you happen to find any files that are not working, just let Me or Kelly (aka JackGriffin) know and Kelly will re-upload them.
If any of the files are truly not good, then Kelly will remove those.

I am still pushing to get the 1,439 UT Maps in that list actually hosted so you can pick through them and download them individually. :agree1:
See UT Map List at the link said above or also here: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/mass ... t1713.html
Stay Tuned. :wink:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Not sure how you explain the 43 corrupt files I found then? And I still never checked the .umod files, and anything that is not compressed, and only he knows what files he has compressed that are corrupt within the compressed archives. I don't have time to listen to all the music, view all the PDFs and extract the umods just to prove a point. Then there were 5 passworded files and files with extensions like .dat that don't make any sense

I'm not saying it is a corrupted hard drive I am saying it is a possible explanation, the problem could lie in the way it was downloaded in the first place, the way it is uploaded, or the way it is stored. The way I downloaded them the program would tell me if there were any problems. And I am suggesting in this case the way it was stored before being uploaded. Do I have proof of which one of those 3 things it is? No. However this thread would more or less back up my suggestion http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4070

Jackgriffin says:
It's all good. I don't think I lost anything in the crash and this is probably a sign from God telling me to do something else

I do hate that I was pretty close to a full files release. There was some very awesome material in that. I still plan on doing it but it's going to have to be a little bit delayed.
Sure the files may still be there, doesn't mean they are not corrupt
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I have no desire to engage over this, but I'm going to clear up a couple of things. First, you did not quote me completely. You took something out of context and twisted it to support your 'theory'. I hate it when people do that. From the post previous to the one you saw fit to quote:
JackGriffin wrote:I'm reasonably sure my drives are good, it was the motherboard that gave up. Still I think I'll pick up a TB external along with an enclosure today and do a full backup before I archive the lot.
It was in fact the motherboard, and getting a replacement got me back up and running. I did get a TB backup drive but the files were posted from the source.

I'm not sure why you are so desperate to 'prove' my uploaded files are bad. The very first line I posted on this couldn't be clearer:
JackGriffin wrote:I have over 20GB of raw UT Files accumulated over time from a great variety of UT sites.
There is also a thread where bad files can be reported by link and I will immediately remove them.

Did anyone else bother to archive websites over the years for their personal use? So far as I can tell the answer is no, so why the vitriol over mine? Yeah, of course there will be passworded files, incomplete stuff, corrupted zips, etc. Webmasters never meant this stuff to see public release. I clearly backed up sections never meant for people to see, and that's evident by folders and sections I excluded from adding due to the private nature of the photographs, files, etc. No way am I going to take several weeks though and test/open/play every single thing in this. That's for you to decide to spend the time on.

If you REALLY don't like this upload then ignore it. You are the only person to complain and the entire lot has gone out multiple times over. Now, how about finding something else to aggravate? You look like you are just grinding an ax with me, which is fine but let's be honest about it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:I don't have time to listen to all the music, view all the PDFs and extract the umods just to prove a point. Then there were 5 passworded files and files with extensions like .dat that don't make any sense.
JackGriffin wrote:Yeah, of course there will be passworded files, incomplete stuff, corrupted zips, etc. Webmasters never meant this stuff to see public release. [...] No way am I going to take several weeks though and test/open/play every single thing in this. That's for you to decide to spend the time on.
JackGriffin wrote:I have over 20GB of raw UT Files accumulated over time from a great variety of UT sites.
I think this case is now solved.

Maybe there are some treasures in this file dump ...something unexpected ...maybe the holy grail of UT, hidden in a passworded zip file.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:the .dat could be a mac file? I have volunteered to help you sort these files but you don't seem to be interested. I have pointed out numerous inconsistencies and made your job a whole lot easier

You are saying they were corrupt when you got them? My recommendation is to simply delete each of the corrupted files.

P.s .None o that was personal and I'm not sure what you are talking about with me having an ax to grind. If you think the world is out to get you maybe they are maybe they aren't. I do not care either way

PPs I would say it's good to see you back but I'll save in until next time or when you've cooled off a bit because I still want to help sort the archives

PPPS I will answer your above post better since you did a nice long one for me

I feel I did quote you correctly because I linked the source of where it came from, and I could post numerous links from trusted sources that say when a piece of hardware fails and your computer shuts down incorrectly then it can cause hard drive failures. Normally people would do a scan for errors and know what they are doing. Which is why I question the upload download methods but do have suspicions about this. Regarding sources, I guess you didn't catalog where you got these files? No big deal only it ruined things a bit for you when you might have had to re-download those corrupt files
Did anyone else bother to archive websites over the years for their personal use?
Some would consider it a bad thing you did this but since you allege those sites are down now then this can only be a good thing. It's also available on the web for free for anyone to get provided you didn't do anything sneaky
Webmasters never meant this stuff to see public release.
I will not pass judgement, some might
That's for you to decide to spend the time on.
I don't mind sorting it, it will help more people than only myself. As you know by posting it. The music would only take a few hours to listen to while gaming, the textures could be viewed in little time, the files could be run through a series of tests. It's a matter of finding the solutions to obstacles

You wanted me to go to your website and post the problems. I posted the results of my check here because of this thread here, and don't forget you announced you were making the release here, and the other site is not user friendly

Obviously you wanted people to ignore your big corruped archive there and not say a thing. Then I was nice about it and try and help you and others. In doing so you somehow flipped this into some kind of disputed facts argument
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

billybill, I can confirm the downloads you marked as corrupt are indeed corrupted on my end as well.

Some of the downloads are already on ut-files.com, such as the EdRef.zip file that's marked as corrupt. http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=3 ... =EdRef.zip
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I have volunteered to help you sort these files but you don't seem to be interested. I have pointed out numerous inconsistencies and made your job a whole lot easier
Finally we are getting somewhere. Of course I don't want to help or I would not have said "as-is" about a hundred times. You have the same rights as everyone else, if you want to download, sort, and label this stuff then by all means go ahead. I personally am done with it, since it's too labor intensive for the remaining couple of hundred players. My job on these files can't get any easier so it's up to you if you want to pick up the torch and carry on.

@Skillz: I used to champion people taking care to not post crap to public folders but my last go around at HoF pretty much ended any cares I have about that now. If someone uploads a corrupt file to ut-files then that's for you to deal with. It's not my responsibility any more to try to prevent it.

I'll close with this: Don't bother reporting bad files. I'm washing my hands of this because it's burning my ass that no one has bothered to step up and say anything positive. I've seen multiple rips taken of this stuff but all I hear is bitching and moaning that it's not pristine, catalogued, filed by alpha, and has a screenshot included.

I'm done defending it so piss and complain all you want. It's staying up now as it is, and I'll probably add some bad/corrupt stuff in just to keep you guessing. :rock:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:slightly ironic that the guy who wants the screenshots is the guy who started the site ripping and doesn't quote his sources. There are even pirate avatars about. Continued Editing of posts, you thought I wanted to go there? Laughable

There is this delusion that children have never seen a bad word when people are expressing emotion or that they have never heard the neighbors screaming in pleasure and that they live in a bubble. But then they are allowed to browse all the stolen content they want, however if a complaint is struck then the editing commences from within those censored realms. That is perfectly fine. I'm not against protecting children no no, but I think someone has their standards mixed up. I'll end my rant. I'm not sure if you have come round or what but it's good to see you back. I'll let you have the thread. It's yours, nobody elses! As for the files I will do something with them provided you let us know before they are deleted. (Isn't that the reason you put them up?)

edit: Although that is how I really feel about people stealing content I'm more concerned about the spreading of mis-information. I cleaned this post up because I have respect for house rules. And the way it is handled would definitely be better than a free forums no domain attached account with nobody held accountable. House rules and complaints processes it can't be beaten
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Mwah ha ha! Doctor Evil's plan to subjugate all of the UT universe has finally come to fruition! I knew by stealing everything I would become lord and master of the entire domain that is UT.

I need some evil theme music playing while a cameo of me slamming the keys on my laptop like the Phantom of the Opera plays the organ is shown. Then bluish lighting can shoot out from the back of the laptop as my "Ripping Software of DOOM!" shreds yet another website so I can steal from it too. All so I can be the
greatest
coder
EVER!
Do you hear that Ferali! I WILL be greater than you because my work is built on stolen code because I so believe in that! I don't need to learn things, I can just borrow from here, rip from there, and soon I will be the BEST!
....now, where did I put KAAL's email address? I need a minion. All evil leaders have minions, I must have one...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Can we be serious for a moment. I only want a simple yes no answer

When you came to me and asked me how I caused a serial troll [who had been a nuisance on other forums particularly towards me] how I made him have an aneurysm and if I would consider sharing some knowledge, and I replied that a group of respected people who didn't like him banded together and humiliated him on forums

Did you misinterpret this to think we were editing his posts constantly and that that was our way of "humiliating" him not realising he had posted over 100 unedited pages spewing endless crap and making himself look like a complete retard to anyone who he thought were his friends

Or were you initially hostile towards me on the other forum because I was posting here and some people here who haven't said a word since your return were giving you a hard time

Don't worry I won't be pasting any conversations I simply want to know if you had anything to do with this immature editing and removing posts nonsense that went on on that forum, I won't be saying more than that either just a yes no and I'm done here and you can rule them all