Reactive Decorations by <lol>BK (bobkakabk)

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Reactive Decorations by <lol>BK (bobkakabk)

Post by papercoffee »

Ok Jack ...shall we have it in public then? But another thread ...this here is for decorations.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Q: What is worse than finding living things crawling around on your pizza ?
Spoiler
A: Undead things crawling all over your pizza
Zombizza.jpg
Zombizza2.jpg
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Fri May 31, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm not at all trying to do things away from where anyone can see. Once paper and I get to the point of swapping maps back and forth it will go fast and I like to concentrate on what I'm doing. If I've ever coded with you on something then right now you are nodding your head and going "Uh huh". I get really focused on whatever I'm working on to the exclusion of everything else. Like family, work, eating hahaha...

And to answer your Q paper, the destroyable has the same characteristics as any normal mover. It just has adjusted code when it gets activated.

@Flay: that gives me such ideas for maps, OMG. bonus points too for the updated skins :tu:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: And to answer your Q paper, the destroyable has the same characteristics as any normal mover. It just has adjusted code when it gets activated.
That's all I have to know ...couldn't get near the Editor today ...I did catch a cold and was dizzy all day.
Ok then I will open a new thread within the FF sub-forum.

FnB ...we will present everything after we finished this :wink:
The Test map will be available for everyone afterwards.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have put loads of stuff in the map so far.
Tomatoes and slices, cucumber, drinks cans, wine bottles, boxes and pizza-boxes, plants in pots, giant sheets of news-paper, telephones, and even cleaning products in the wash-room.
pepsi.jpg
As it is a sniping map with rat-runs in the walls, it now has giant rats and cockroaches in the walls.
Rats.jpg
I am trying to add health pickups but the ones I am using are not working in game.
There are supposed to be edible tomato slices on the pizza, but they don't show in-game (possibly because they were made for Unreal).
http://www.islandalien.com/unreal/mods/

My intention is that to get health you run around on the pizzas or look for the normal size cans and bottles.
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

No hurries paper, I'm sorry you don't feel well. I'm on a work stretch now anyway until Sunday so it will be late weekend before I can dig into something. I've got several improvements to the coop server but no free time to code them up really so take your time.

Flay, you so get this idea when I don't think others really do. They will though. BTW the way the modder subclassed his moveables will work but by now you've probably seen that rotation is a bit rough. If you want I could try to clean that up some and make rotation more model-dependent, maybe even set up several layers of rotation code. For example you could have large and slow rotation for big/heavy objects, a medium flavor, and then a tight and fast rotation for small/light objects. It could improve the visual of the effect a lot for little effort.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I say keep this thread right here.

Jacks thing there has all kinds of potential beyond just the cool FF related stuff you are toying with so far I think.

Has anybody tried using any of these classes with the Dropper mutator yet?
If it fails, let me know with details. Log files etc.

I could modify a ReactiveDeco version of the Dropper mutator pretty quick I think.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

MrLoathsome wrote: Jacks thing there has all kinds of potential beyond just the cool FF related stuff you are toying with so far I think.
Ah, you misunderstood ...This breaking walls thing will nothing have to do with FF ...it's only a sub-forum where we can exchange quick Ideas without interfering a discussion. All results will be public posted anyway. :wink:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Yep, the private chat is just to do the map exchange and tighten the code part. Right now the destroyable is a very specific class but I want to convert it to a container and subclasses with some specific uses and configurable effects.

Someone (if they choose to share it here, you know who you are :gj: ) emailed me last night with some fantastic ideas about things to do with this. Is it OK if I share with Flay? I thought one of us might code it for him and with your permission I want to include the idea into the demo map in a couple of different ways.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Uhm ...btw Jack ... the map is ready to download.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm leaving for work in about 10 minutes, I'll get it tonight when I get home and get free. Thanks for this paper, I'll make the turnaround time back to you as short as possible.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

No problem
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I updated the 2 pictures above as I did not notice after editing or playing UT my desktop gamma made them look brighter on my monitor.
They are now closer to what I was looking at.

I found my problem with the health tomato-slices. I had not swapped the mesh in the inventory section.
Now I have the problem of Chaos and NW3 turning them into their own health pickups :(
Ah well that is a problem with all custom health pickups.

BTW. Jack I have not changed the Zombie skins, it is probably because of the lighting in the map.

You are right about the animation, but would it put much extra load on, if you nuke a bowl of salad with 50+ items ?
The physics/mass and buoyancy needs balancing.
Imagine using the lettuce-leaf as a boat/floating platform on a sea of soup :mrgreen:

1 problem I have noticed with using decos, (as my chosen test map is very dark) is the cut-off in lighting.
In dimly lit areas, they are often just black objects.

I have mixed reactive/destroyable decos from the William Sherriff and Siver Ibex collections.
There are a variety (some of each) of different Pepsi and Coke cans. Some will turn into a bent/crushed can when damaged.

I'm going to stop adding stuff (I went a bit mad :ironic: ), and finish the pathing.
What little there was was pointless, and many player-starts were isolated :pfff:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

JackGriffin wrote: Someone (if they choose to share it here, you know who you are :gj: ) emailed me last night with some fantastic ideas about things to do with this. Is it OK if I share with Flay? I thought one of us might code it for him and with your permission I want to include the idea into the demo map in a couple of different ways.
Of course share the ideas with Flay and whomever else might be interested.
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Another thought.
After comparing decos, the subject of attaching hit and breaking sounds could be the next thing to look at.