UT files sync folder

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

UT files sync folder

Post by TheDane »

I've recieved a few thumbs down about the download system I have on my website (http://www.files.unrealtournament.info). I made that system to try and avoid siteripping which will make my hosting Company a bit crampy i think. It's not because I don't want to share it all-at-once, but be honest, WHO will ever get to use all of the files? There simply isn't eneough time left in anyones life to try each and every single file out period. Having that said, well, I will hear you and try an alternative solution: share by sync folder.

So, if you wan't all the files but don't want to click'em all manual go to this website and get Bittorrent Sync: http://www.bittorrent.com/sync

It is well documented, so once you are familiar with the concept you can get access to the files using this key: BCTVWQ5TIO6JLVL3OEAF6NPDVVEYDAS27

it's currently (only?) 19.5 GB in 6692 files, but I have done my absolute best to avoid doubles and tripples as you will find in the current available file storages. Bad or broken files can be repported here or via PM and I will sort it when i read about it.

The files will be public available for unknown time or until abused.

*Edit: if someone wants to add files to this collection hit me on PM and we can arrange something :tu:
Last edited by TheDane on Sat May 17, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: UT files sync folder

Post by Feralidragon »

You can also upload them all to mediafire and provide the folder link as an alternative.
They offer 50Gb for free from the get-go, so you can put your 18.8Gb there and still have enough room to put anything else you want.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:You can also upload them all to mediafire and provide the folder link as an alternative.
They offer 50Gb for free from the get-go, so you can put your 18.8Gb there and still have enough room to put anything else you want.
:tu: right now is MF the best file host for me.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:You can also upload them all to mediafire and provide the folder link as an alternative.
:tu: right now is MF the best file host for me.
Ditto... I think it's better for those who don't use dropbox. I doubt any difference but I was told that dropbox do also limit the bandwidth.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Chamberly wrote:Ditto... I think it's better for those who don't use dropbox. I doubt any difference but I was told that dropbox do also limit the bandwidth.
They do. Dropbox limit is 20Gb per day, and I found it out the worst way possible lol
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Ditto... I think it's better for those who don't use dropbox. I doubt any difference but I was told that dropbox do also limit the bandwidth.
They do. Dropbox limit is 20Gb per day, and I found it out the worst way possible lol
It's your fault that NW3 is that awesome... :wink:
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Feralidragon wrote:
Ah, no wonder. Thanks for letting me know.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

thx for your input, though some of them don't seem to be fit for this project? Never mind, I just wanted to add a temporary option to get the files all at once. BT sync does the trick for me and it have had 300+ GB traffic so far and is still uploading, devided by 18.8 GB it tells me that many has decided to dl it so mission accomplished hehe. The benefit of BT sync (IMO) is that I can make changes to the files on my end at everyone who connects will get synced with the changes I've made on the fly. I don't know if any of the above mentioned services does that? But I do know that some has adds, and I will always stay away from services that runs for profit if possible and BT sync doesn't flash annoying adds so far.

When the traffic becomes null I'll post again that the service is unavailable again.
Retired.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:And if you just did a package with files what you do not find elsewhere?
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

medor wrote:And if you just did a package with files what you do not find elsewhere?
It's not a package, please read the documentation for BT sync. It is a complete backup of the website with all the files well sorted in their respective folders - that you don't find anywhere else, at least not where i have looked? But maybe you can give me a link to prove me wrong?
Retired.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

TheDane wrote:thx for your input, though some of them don't seem to be fit for this project? Never mind, I just wanted to add a temporary option to get the files all at once. BT sync does the trick for me and it have had 300+ GB traffic so far and is still uploading, devided by 18.8 GB it tells me that many has decided to dl it so mission accomplished hehe. The benefit of BT sync (IMO) is that I can make changes to the files on my end at everyone who connects will get synced with the changes I've made on the fly. I don't know if any of the above mentioned services does that? But I do know that some has adds, and I will always stay away from services that runs for profit if possible and BT sync doesn't flash annoying adds so far.

When the traffic becomes null I'll post again that the service is unavailable again.
Give some torrent link to post every wehere so this way you can suspend the web download mode
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

darksonny wrote: Give some torrent link to post every wehere so this way you can suspend the web download mode
Its not a torrent but a method of file distribution that will keep The Dane out of bandwidth trouble with his host. (AFAIK)

Great idea and good on you for making this available Dane. Cheers!! :)
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Ok, it looks like those who wanted the files have synced now so I'll close the file server down again. All files are still on the website ofcause. If someone read this topic at some point in the future and think DARN, just try PM me, maybe I'm still arround and can open it up again.
Retired.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

TheDane wrote:I've recieved a few thumbs down about the download system I have on my website (http://www.files.unrealtournament.info). I made that system to try and avoid siteripping which will make my hosting Company a bit crampy i think. It's not because I don't want to share it all-at-once, but be honest, WHO will ever get to use all of the files? There simply isn't eneough time left in anyones life to try each and every single file out period. Having that said, well, I will hear you and try an alternative solution: share by sync folder.

So, if you wan't all the files but don't want to click'em all manual go to this website and get Bittorrent Sync: http://www.bittorrent.com/sync

It is well documented, so once you are familiar with the concept you can get access to the files using this key: BLRLEIKXLFMDN5DHXDMOPWEQRR2TUGUUJ

it's currently (only?) 18.8 GB in 6695 files, but I have done my absolute best to avoid doubles and tripples as you will find in the current available file storages. Bad or broken files can be repported here or via PM and I will sort it when i read about it.

The files will be public available for unknown time or until abused.

*Edit: if someone wants to add files to this collection hit me on PM and we can arrange something :tu:
I liked your Downloads, they were quick enough... all of them ;) I just don't use bittorrent

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<