Alternative download for that UT music release.

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Alternative download for that UT music release.

Post by Red_Fist »

Took me forever to figure all the click-throughs and adds, and fake buttons and capcha, F that mediafire

So I made it a .zip and uploaded it to my skydrive, same files, and I always use a zip.

Battle for Na Pali OST

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=07A ... RoaKRDyt2o
Binary Space Partitioning
{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

Re: Alternative download for that UT music release.

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask »

I have some custom made (by me) UT99 songs and OST Re-makes.
In case anyone's interested.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Skydrive is only accessible to people logged into their MS account.
Actually I just logged in and the folder is empty.
Use Googledrive if you want everyone to see it.

Also Battle for Na Pali was never released. Are you sure you mean Battle for Na Pali ?
http://www.unrealsp.org/tusp/

I keep telling people to use MiPony so you avoid going to the sites, avoid adverts, and avoid fake download buttons, and avoid having to wait.

I don't keep recommending it for my own sake. I keep recommending it for your sake.

There are even a choice of captcha plugings so you you can even go on holiday while MiPony downloads you list of files.

It lets you DL the same file from several sites, and will keep the first 1 to finish cancelling the others.
It is also multithreaded, meaning you can often bypass slow DLs and make them faster.

To anyone that says "I don't understand how it works"
It works the same as any other download manager. It captures links from the clipboard or you paste links to it.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

You should be able to download, just click on it, it's changes, then click on it again.
Test it again for me, thanks. needs more than one click, I think the first one is the folder name, the second is a file.
since now they consider a zip file a folder these days, but they ARE only a file.

I purposely log off Hotmail to test it, I know what you speak of, I can check again to be sure in case I did something wrong.
Been using it for my ebay pictures, for large picts, and is also a "public" folder, should work.

All I ever use is IE at IE10 right now.
The last time I tried to use google it makes me install things.
It might be if one uses chrome that don't happen.

"Also Battle for Na Pali was never released"
Is now why they posted the sound track at USP, too bad they never finished the maps.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Just for information, content can be downloaded from SkyDrive without loggin in.
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

I can download it just fine without logging in it..
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Red_Fist wrote:chrome
Never use Chrome ...even IE is better than this crap ...Yeah hard to believe.
Use Firefox or Opera or Iceweasel or Konqueror if you get tiered from IE ...but never Chrome.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

{S.o.W}DeathMask wrote:I have some custom made (by me) UT99 songs and OST Re-makes.
In case anyone's interested.
Yes I am interested :agree1:
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

:roll: Damn-it the amount of grief I got for using Skydrive, from people without MS accounts is why I stopped using it for public posts ! Thanks for clearing that up.
Ah well. Maybe it was a browser issue.
It was for me this time. For some reason my 64bit Opera 12 is not opening the folder, but my 32 bit version is.
Possibly a 32/64bit plugin clash.

Anyway, I found the post at UnrealSP (would have been a good idea to reference the source/origin of the file, same as any other UT resource :wink: ).
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3308
https://www.mediafire.com/?fz9p6ycq9dlnk71

My big concern with IE (and I use 8 and 11), is that adding the very limited amount of security plugins to it, make it lag and hog RAM and CPU.
Chrome just hogs everything it can anyway, and has the largest installer, updater and footprint of any browser (or even compared to many other programs that do far more).
The install is a 7zip fetched by the web-stub you get. It is over 100MB.
You can fit 9 Firefoxes or Opera installers into the same size! Why do you think they never offer it as a normal DL (probably embarrassment) :oops:
In my opinion, to use ANY web browser without additional security plugins is a stupid thing, to top all stupid things on the internet's hall of fame of the most stupid things to do online.
I know most people do not add security plugins to their browsers, but then again most people drink sh*t coffee :noidea

BTW. To use Google drive does not require you to download or install anything. It is a website, just the same as Skydrive.
Any application you install is down to you, and there are alternative programs from other vendors. This is how I use a Skydrive app on an XP PC (the official software does not work on XP)
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

Thanks for sharing MiPony, I did a fresh install and I was hesitant to re-install jdownloader because I didn't want to install java. So far it seems like a good replacement. The only thing I can say though, is make sure you decline all the extra stuff that the installer comes with.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The way I figured out how to get links to ebay for pictures was.

You make the folder emebed link.
If you use the link (between the quotes only) then go see the picture, then copy the "large" original picture link while logged on and copy it.

If you then logoff of skydrive and use the picture (or file) link it won't work.

If you get the folder emebd link, and you only use a portion of it, then logoff.
Then go to the folder while logged off, click the picture link, THAT link will work for anyone.

another words the files links won't work if you copy them while logged on, but the folder embed link will work to get to the files links being logged off.

and I also never installed the skydrive app.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I just uploaded the new MiPony installer (2.1.2), so others can avoid the pain-in-the-ass extras and use the real installer.
Thankfully MiPony have changed the first installer so the decline button is obvious and easy.
One of the last bits of crap to be offered does not have the decline button, so you need to choose the advanced install option, and un-tick everything.

However, if you use the actual raw install without the wrapper, you can avoid any worries.