TwitchTV chat

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
UT99.org

TwitchTV chat

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Allows one to connect to the Justin.tv or Twitch.tv networks from within the UT chat area. Must set up three editboxes, check the box, and press 'Okay' to save and it will run in the background and should kick in when you try connect to chat. The source is included if you want to compile it yourself the requirements are Core,Engine,UMenu.

This is a beta (and was rushed). I'll make an update to the post if I update it

Link: http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/11076213/file.html
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: TwitchTV chat

Post by Dr.Flay »

Are they using IRC ?
I'll have to try this.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I'll tidy it up a little and re-release it. I have no idea compatibility with Ace, xconsole's chat window etc. Sorry if the GUI is a little bad. I should make the token a private variable not that it would help muh, i wasn't sure the best way to approach this unless you wanted to enter your twitch name manually which would make the token useless to anyone stealing it

You have to go to http://twitchapps.com/tmi to get your token, remove the "oath:" part of it. I'm not sure if you have to enable anything on your twitch account or if going to this site and following the instructions is all

When you enable it and join a server, If your game is crashing or you are being kicked, you might have to disable it before joining those servers. Hmm I should've just made it auto-disable after it's been used
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Dr.Flay wrote:Are they using IRC ?
I'll have to try this.
Yes
You must use your twitch user name as ident and nick and your userpassword as serverpassword and connect to something like yourtwitchusername.twitchircserver.xyz
You become op in your channel #yourusername

After all, twitch irc is strange ...

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Well because I haven't run tests and nobody has said. I will guess that ACE kicks for having enabled, so I will make it auto-disable

For token security I'll make it so you enter a password each time you want to use it, each character of the password will change each character of the token up or down whatever the char's ASCII number is. Or something like that, I'd like to make a similar one of these for nexgen chat since nothing you say to your team is really that private. example test: encrypted token is maraculously the word: banana. And our password which is extemely short is "apple", obviously applea because of the word length. Does anyone have qualms with this type of encryption? is there an obvious flaw besides short or one letter passwords?

Anyway, next project is bring the ut405 scoreboard into any server you want using a menu command like this, maybe even easier I'll try the checkbox thing that specfix uses. The advantage over the 405 scoreboard is it shows all players' packet loss. I've checked for differences between current scoreboard and PRI class and this should work. I don't know why they took it out of later versions when the value is still replicated over to the clients. So a simple download and if it works on the server you play on then good, otherwise disable it.