My Google Drive and Fileplanet UT files

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

My Google Drive and Fileplanet UT files

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Over the past couple of months, I've been busy making a backup of UT files that are in Fileplanet. Seeing as it is no longer updated and maintenanced (and could go down any time now I think), I've been downloading every single file 1 by 1 and putting them up in my Google Drive. I'm still not finished though as many of the mods, skins, CTF and DM maps are still missing, but I'll get there eventually :tongue:

Anyway, the main plan is once I'm done, I'll ask for someone with better resources (Skillz, medor, noccer etc.) to re-download these files from me (since it would be easierfor them to just click 2 or 3 times to download everything at once rather than do what I'm doing at the moment :ironic:) and host them in their respectful file directories.

Like I said, I'm still not done, but feel free to download anything you can find useful to you :tu: just let me know if there are problems with anything.

The page I'm "ripping" :P : http://www.fileplanet.com/30685/0/secti ... Tournament

My Google Drive link:
Fileplanet folder:

EDIT: Unfortunatly, some of the files are already lost forever :( Some of them are (at least the ones I couldn't find anythere else):

Maps:
DM-Superstes
CTF-AcidDwarf
CTF-brugger
dmkitchen

Skins:
hi2electionskins.zip

Current progress:

Code: Select all

--Bots:
Unreachable? :(

--Customization:
	Models - DONE!!!
	Other - ?
	Scripts - DONE!!!
	Skins - DONE!!!
	Voicepacks - DONE!!!

--Demos - DONE!!!

--Desktop Enhancements - DONE!!!

--Documentation:
Unreachable? :(

--Editing - DONE!!!

--Maps:
	AS maps - DONE!!!
	CTF maps - page 9/34
	DM maps - page 40/83
	DOM maps - DONE!!!
	Official Bonus Packs - 
	Other - 
	Single Player - 

--Media:
	In-Game Demos
	Movies
	Music

--Mods & Conversions
	Gameplay
	Mutators
	Other - done?

--Patches - DONE!!!

--Utilities
	Anti-Cheat - DONE!!!
	Other
	Server - DONE!!!
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Tue May 05, 2015 7:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Added a skin file I can't find :(
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: My Google Drive and Fileplanet UT files

Post by Carbon »

Great share mate! Yep, these hosting sites are disappearing...thanks for your efforts! Anyone who uses Google Drive can just add them to their own drive for easier access and maybe save Gecko's drive getting hammered.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Nice to see this your hosting Gecko :D

I really hated mirroring fileplanet which sucks with their shitty i-bore-you-to-death-php-bullshit.

Is there a limit for google drive traffic?

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

noccer wrote:Is there a limit for google drive traffic?
Uhmm... Cr*p I forgot to check that, there used to be one back in 2010, not sure about it now :? I don't think there should be lots of it as I've seen the Minecraft Pocket Edition app hosted there :twisted:

And now the bad news, there are certain files that already can't be downloaded, as some of the dl links give me nothing but 404 errors (and some of these can't be downloaded anywhere else!) I'll be updating the 1st post with some of the names of these, and if anyone stumbles upon these in their UT install or anywhere else, please upload them somewhere, ok?
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I don't know about the limit, but like I said, if you use Gmail - or any Google service - you can just have them delivered into your Google Drive. This avoids hammering the account.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I submitted a contact support ticket about the missing link. Hopefully we will hear about them getting fixed. ;)

When you find more, let me know, I'll throw those in too.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?