Review of MH-MayanInvasion

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Review of MH-MayanInvasion

Post by EvilGrins »

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Review of MH-MayanInvasion

Post by sektor2111 »

Awaiting command...

Edit:
Map seems unfinished - Monsterend has crappy settings.
Bot Support____
- Doable using 2014-2015 Custom stuff a la Higor and me: Custom navigation, triggers to adjust Bot habits, tiny things;
- Monsters I guess are linked (in hoping to not break chains) for activating End - which means they need to be hunted or to show up hunting hunters;
- Without a reachable End Bot need something to smell good there in order to crawl map - is poor in inventories.
Monsters____
- We need some paths and maybe a HomeBase nearby last area ? It won't be OK to see them lost in the Forest and Bot crawling the top at end.

I have done a version based on reachable end and custom Navigation, so far seems OK but I want to do more tests.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:Map seems unfinished - Monsterend has crappy settings.
Well, like the file says... it's still in BETA mode.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Can someone make a list all beautiful MH maps??
I only know one: MH-LostInTimes

I will give a try to this map later.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:Well, like the file says... it's still in BETA mode.
Still in noob mode, more exactly "expert" was clueless about MonsterEnd but he used 2 giant crap triggers to launch chains and smoke - these are doable with 2 timed triggers making things to run immediately (or a single one with a dispatcher) after starting game not before or never. When player spawns outside of trigger's cylinder nothing happens for 10 hours if Player/Bot stay - and Bot will stay because I did not see paths - cabbage logic here. But... hey, thanks for input, now I have another Map for party and also I was tracking those waves because I'm not curious to see in that visibility (null decorations) 200 Monsters crawling and lagging.
Addons:
Custom actor Karma to see monsters attacking else waves cannot be ended well, partially pathed (I don't need 100000 Pathnodes) and NoLost actor added to recover Paths-Net in case of excessive boosting. 2 BlockedPaths used because Editor mock paths through BlockAll making A.I. to look like retards.
Rocky wrote:I only know one: MH-LostInTimes
And I know that has only DESIGN, the rest of stuff Console spoke louder. Has the same pathing problem as CM4 in outside of temple area, and I don't want to mention "monsters" :loool: at least V3 is useless and probably v3000 the same. If you can recover such a map back into stage I'll be the first using it. Someday I'll rewrite Jurasik...
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat May 16, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Nice, he left out a beta.
This means we won't have headaches with crappy finished versions.

We'll extensively test this and give our 'input'.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Meh, it looks like I don't wanna such a carrot intelligence with those idiotic decos. ALL A.I. can see through them only player cannot, in a few places I have added semisolids to block their sight else a rock thrown shows up from a tree and you cannot even see Titan who fired it. I'm fascinated by decos replacing brushes... loading other 11 MB of WC deco package. Amazing how much time was wasted to develop something useless.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Higor wrote:We'll extensively test this and give our 'input'.
Which he'll see as I linked this to there so he could get as much critiques & commentary as possible.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I want to know your suggestion how to make A.I. strategy.

My first idea is:
- paths until top - there is MonsterEnd and not in other place;
- paths blocked if Bot has enemy;
- enough paths from starts to end and the rest managed by NoLost actor in case of evaded pawn;
- Evil Spirit - monsters select random hunters if they have nothing to eat at dinner. Common pawn can track hunters - hard job for Titan, Queen, 50% for fly-types, eh...

Second:
- No Evil Spirit - letting monsters alone;
- configure certain armors in 3 points: Top and lets' say North South with RespawnTime computed well;
- MonsterEnd Unreachable - easy to do as long as I have learned this from a lot of "mappers";
Action: Bot crawl in DM style if has no purpose collecting items so maybe will encounter monsters.
- ways between 2 land armors might be switched once/3 minutes in order to gain crawling on 2 roads let's say East-West around pyramid.

To manage:
Chain with Factories won't over-spawn - With Evil Spirit, 180+ Monsters hunting players won't be a good thing, so... When a wave has been finished next one starts not earlier. Here I know what I'm saying because during a few old tests I was swearing 400 Monsters and insulting them well, making them to hunt me down - Lan Server has decreased at 500+ ms ping and I was kicked for lag :sad2: by server which was processing at 80-95% CPU decreasing at 0-1% when I was kicked.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And aside note:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... =9854#9854
The awesome A.I. clueless dude was suddenly failing in accepting to know about his work's flaws.
Then:
- This "Map" is awesome, haven't seen a better one ever;
- Stuff is perfect;
- All settings are great;
- We love to jump using other sounds which are exactly like doors from AS-HighSpeed but... is perfect !

Have fun, d..k-head :tu: ! I can run a version of this map into my private machines and since I know your IP range (yes, you don't know me as much as I know you - and more other MH geniuses which made people to quit servers) and to not get mad about changes I'll happily restrict your IP range into my play-ground prevent any future EarthQuake :rock: .
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:Have fun, {CENSORED}
Now now, we 1st person shooters are a naturally very drama-filled lot. I already admonished the other guy, don't make me drag virtual soap on you too.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:Now now, we 1st person shooters are a naturally very drama-filled lot. I already admonished the other guy, don't make me drag virtual soap on you too.
Meh, let's trigger all of them at once, what's the problem? I would like to see his reaction face to face in front of me not behind a keyboard. I'll happily screw all trash called levels and I can give you new toys as well. Even we can debate many things hiding in private not in forums letting them to enjoy false feelings. :agree1:
To note: If some dude has requested a Review of a map you should accept that IT HAS problems - more nasty was "UT since 1999" and still having troubles? Who is full of himself then? I'm really feel sorry about deceptions but that's it.