UT99 stuff by Barbie

If you have found new Downloads or created something by your own, please announce it here

Re: UT99 stuff by Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 pm

sektor2111 wrote:I could see absolutely each subtracted cube from halls having a solid in the same spot. Map is done Add-Subtract - Add-Subtract - all cubes and areas have duplicate brushes
I have seen this style of mapping (repeated usage of a 512³ cube to build larger areas/subtracting and adding the same Brush) in some more maps - but after building the BSP tree static Brushes are irrelevant AFAIK. For me the main aspect for fixing was avoiding the log spamming by Access Nones.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 am

Ummm.... I went to more editing over there... so far by removing x tens of brushes, map has the same space for game-play (with the same paths from begining). When I do an edit to such a "map" probably not only accessed nones are my goal. Map has that last hall a complete mess: green and red texture from ammocount - USELESS amount of lights in spot because walls are bUnlit :loool: . That spot motivated me to remove ALL lights and editing it EMPTY and then adding lights from lamps generated by Brush-To-Mesh Editor add-on and... some decorations set to be shinny. All "Awesome" MenuName from monsters has been deleted leaving them alone, End was connected with Boss Titan to not rush map, also a few skins have been adjusted, No need textures miss-aligned - I'm better with stock if stuff cannot be mapped as should else new file is pointless, other subtracts have been edited for preventing subtracting the same space multiple times for no purpose. Probably after finishing everything I'll reconstruct Paths, but so far doesn't look necessary, Bots being able to complete map without any pathing Combo, maybe a few DualNodes for isolating combat areas are about to be welcomed - I'll study options here to pick the right solution. Adding InventorySpot over ammo is not a necessary thing, and NullAmmo has been deleted because has no purpose.
While I did some checks around - definitely Snipers zone needs a SkyBox which mapper did not have a clue to do as long as map don't have any mover/door for preventing the rush to the end. The purpose of triggers spamming messages all time it's a nonsense as well, when you are about to end map there won't be any "screwed sh!t" to see as trigger is constantly claiming... and we have that fixed anyway...
To summarize shortly: I'm about to use my Edit which definitely will have another name like "NotScrewedMonsters" or such because it's place for a good game without those junks. This will not include dynamic stuff for now because it's a waste of time, it doesn't worth doing more...
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby sektor2111 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Bumping ball: Testing more intensive
Barbie wrote:For me the main aspect for fixing was avoiding the log spamming by Access Nones.

Actually a little bit of love it's still needed here (not your fault) - I can even do these fixes with eyes closed because I fixed them X times.
Code: Select all
MH-BullshitLevel.BerserkStinger.AltFiring.ProjectileFire:010C) Accessed None //There is no StingerProjectile(S) defined in class PlasmaSphere anyway - this is a mindless Copy-Paste from Stinger
... X Lines
MH-BullshitLevel.Sflakslug1.Explode:001D) Accessed None //this is really dumb - who is that P with his Get Axe ?
... X Lines
HauntedCreatures.Gesbioshotgun.RateSelf:003D) Accessed None //This one is a bit strange - state change, heavy load, under resourced whatever
Rating was called later... when Owner was gone (whatever owner) - probably Skaarj killed, etc... Wrapping and conforming needed

Never mind, I'll write a template for all these stupid cubes, the rest of still BotPack's craps I'll solve next days.
sektor2111
Godlike

Previous

Return to Report new Downloads