UT99 stuff by Barbie

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: UT99 stuff by Barbie

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:TranslatorEvent and Translator aren't really stuff for original MonsterHunt and neither German messages
Oops, I forgot to remove that. If I make a next fix release, I'll take that into account.
sektor2111 wrote:a PathNode generating useless reachSpecs can be removed
I'm already satisfied if Bots can reach the end. :lol2:
rjmno1 wrote:Very nice color used in you browser and voting menu. [...] There are some creatures i did not see in ut
Thanks, but Browser and Voting were created by others. And the strange creatures were introduced by mappers. :D
rjmno1 wrote:You server and client games did disconnect, the server is offline now, or maby did automaticly connect again.
See also the thread Server falls asleep after Game end. This problem is still unsolved and I'm afraid it will never be solved. Because of this I've written a watchdog that restarts the UT server within 2 minutes if it is not responding.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:I'm already satisfied if Bots can reach the end. :lol2:
That's good because I was less lucky. Two of them decided to hunt pupaes and they felt under bridge. Bridge was lowered by other Bot and those two morons were spending all match there doing nothing. You can imagine that I'll drop some love around lift, bridge, some one-way stuf, etc etc. as follows:
- Using FearSpot for making Bots to not jump over lift, but Inside lift triggered properly;
- movers are gonna be BT_PawnBump and all crushers will have EncroachDamage at least 2000 points;
- LiftExit won't have any more route back to LiftCenter preventing any retreat decision happening in smarter controllers - it's a waste of time here;
- Trigger according to Position1 will be in English - Google was the mapper here...;
- Custom Counters will prevent racing through MonsterWaypoints connected with Touch protectors - original MH has issues here, too much rushing;
- A BlockedPath is removed because HuntNodes in certain area do a cute job - preventing even monsters to get mad;
- in said lower spot which is like a Bot trap, some kickers will simulate wrong combat moves making Bot to fall and re-spawn instead of sitting there all next week;
- generally ramp nodes are going to be lowered with 10 UU just for safety;
- MonsterEnd won't be usable until ALL Kralls are vaporized for good - we (Bots) want a HUNT not a race.
These are my thoughts about what is needed here
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Thanks a lot for your continuous work on fixing these maps!
Much appreciated. :gj:
Loaded them up.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

You server and client games did disconnect, the server is offline now, or maby did automatically connect again. See also the thread Server falls asleep after Game end. This problem is still unsolved and I'm afraid it will never be solved. Because of this I've written a watchdog that restarts the UT server within 2 minutes if it is not responding.
Maby bug is hardcoded into the ut programs.
its maby a good idea ta make a new patch for that, that automatically shut down from the server never apear again.
Maby its hardcoded into the maps also or the core from ut also.Maby higor knows where that peace of programming is located and programmed and make another subrotine to avoid that.
Its a good thing that some programmed stuf reconnection after a period of time, but the problem remains and its not a final solution for the problem.
Only temporaly. :shock:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Some new since July 2019:
  • MH-LoostMine+SBMod (Version 2: 12 Oct 2019)
  • MH-NewAlc1+SBFix (Version 2: 25 Jan 2020)
  • MH-FURIA+SBFix (Version 1: 10 Mar 2020)
  • Property Changer (Version 1: 30 Mar 2020)
Download at usual place.
Last edited by Barbie on Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pmMH-FURIA+SBFix
Any relation to the Riddick series of movies?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pm Some new since July 2019:
I did find one door that wouldn't open despite touching the relevant 'thing' - stupidly I didn't make a note of the door number at the time so I don't know which one it was - sot that's not much use really.

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:55 am Any relation to the Riddick series of movies?
I think it fair to say that the answer to that is no, unless the series of movies took place in two levels each with half a dozen or so rooms leading off a central space (the titan at the end might have been called Vin though).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 am
Barbie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pm Some new since July 2019:
I did find one door that wouldn't open despite touching the relevant 'thing' - stupidly I didn't make a note of the door number at the time so I don't know which one it was - sot that's not much use really.
Ups, I noticed your post just today. I thought I had fixed all, and we encountered no problems when playing the map on my server. (And I just have had a look at the map: all Movers have ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach, so that is not possible that a player had blocked a door in your case.)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 pm Ups, I noticed your post just today. I thought I had fixed all, and we encountered no problems when playing the map on my server. (And I just have had a look at the map: all Movers have ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach, so that is not possible that a player had blocked a door in your case.)
Oh well, it's probably something I did - perhaps didn't kill everything - I'll try the map again sometime.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Can't find " arumi " ,,,well neither can I , it's on a frag n brag map beta on your server, I just can't find that file to move it.
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:58 am Can't find " arumi " ,,,well neither can I , it's on a frag n brag map beta on your server, I just can't find that file to move it.
I know "arumi" only as skin, and it should be transferred to you as it is listed in server's "ServerPackages". Aside this I have listed all installed skins on server at the forum, also with a possibility to download them.
Last edited by Barbie on Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You might want to check some details in Cache.ini file... However, you need an INT file for properly setting up skins...

Code: Select all

55083BD94DF2E3BF6AD5C7A975C7038E=Alice.u
1E94F2D042ECA02CB29F05BC0BD68566=AliceSkins.utx
0CCF654349DC7E8F511CED9CD751E29A=Arumi.u
1A2D848047CA845B652A87AC7760A20B=ArumiSkins.utx
1DA0003041AABECC1211FCA5CDAAD72B=Squirrel.u
63990A62400DDAA842238F81F6507EDA=SquirrelSkins.utx
E6462AA941A72148E9513A963C83794F=SquirrelSkins_FMStomper.utx
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 amHowever, you need an INT file for properly setting up skins...
I not sure about that. I see somewhere scripts for that. Or on wiki. Which again not work. :lol2:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

INT file needs to be created by users because automated INT generator from Editor is a myth, btw, let me see if UT469 has a fix here, lol.
Checking...
Edit: Checked. It's... cough...

[Arumi]
MenuName=Arumi

[ArumiBot]
MenuName=Arumi
This is for U file, for UTX I ain't see anything, only a description about saving an invisible file...

Log: Generated E:\Editor\UnrealTournament\System\ArumiSkins.int
Log: Flushed engine caches
It didn't save anything...
Edit2: Oops, my bad english, it says "generated" not "saved", lol...