[VISUALS] The Beam Emitters

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

[VISUALS] The Beam Emitters

Post by Shadow »

The Beam Emitters are almost finished now. There'll be 3 different kinds of Beam Emitters: Sprite based, Mesh based, Sprite/Mesh Hybrids.

Main Beam Emitter (Mesh Based)

Overview

The standard Beam Emitter uses different predefined Meshes (Plane Meshes) connected together in a chain controlled by the Emitter. As in many other Class Types the Hierarchy is like the following: Static, Dynamic, Scripted. The Beams of Static Beam Emitters may only move by Roll Rotation, but have no interconnecting Beam-Noise or Point Orientation. Use them for linear Beams of every kind. Then comes the Dynamic Sprite Beams. They might have Noise and move in a wavy way different to each segment. They're also optimized to freely move and update each Tick (Static Beam Emitters might do that too...). The most complex Level of Beam Emitters are the Scripted Beam Emitters. They're for use with Triggering, Events and all that stuff.

Parent Class: xtSBeamEmitters
Path: Actor -> xtRootActor -> xtEnigmaEngine -> xtStaticSubParticleEngine -> xtSBeamEmitters -> xtStaticBeamEmitter
Known Subclasses: DynamicBeamEmitter, ScriptedBeamEmitter, ControllableBeamEmitter
Icon:

Properties:

ImageImageImage

They can mostly do everything the Beam Emitters of Unreal Engine 2+ can do. Even branching and all that shit (DynamicBeamEmitters).

The other types of Beam Emitters (Sprite Based) are more aimed on Light Effects. They use chained sprites to gain Light Effects, Cones and so on (as already seen on old LSoNP Shots). This looks as good as in UT 2004, maybe even better.

ImageImage
Rick7C2

Re: [VISUALS] The Beam Emitters

Post by Rick7C2 »

Very nice! :D
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Shit... As I look at the initial post I see it is completely out of date, gonna update this soon..
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

Ultimate 1 year bump.

you still got to update the first post (if im right) XD :P

Edit: you sneaky typo's always sneak in.
Last edited by robin13 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Yap... that's right, but the emitters I had one year ago are totally outdated, I'm going start work on my C++ Particle Engine for the Januar Beta of the SDK.