SDK testing results

Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

SDK testing results

Post by Torax »

Greetz. As from not long time ago i became co-developer and tester of SDK, i searched for what causes error that Creavion founded some time before. Well..results of tests are bad. There are two news about this - bad and very bad. The bad new - the problems appeared in cause of emitters. Currently i dont know how to fix them. I hope Shadow will understand logs that i'l send him tomorrow. And very bad new. Problem was appeared with EVERY weapon. And after making same things - you hit yourself with eightball (flak cannon, asmd alt fire - no matter what but something that will hurt you with splash damage) and when you pick that nali fruit and shoot again from nearly ANY weapon that uses emitters, game being crashed with critical error message. I have no ideas... Only i can say - we'll try to figure what the hell is going wrong as fast as we can. Shadow will be notified tomorrow as well as i send logs.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: SDK testing results

Post by Torax »

Whell, we fixed bug for Showcase maps. I don't know what the...was with that Nalifruit, but after i deleted it and placed again - all worked perfectly)

Shadow analyzing my logs, to found true cause of errors.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Im happy because I see that SDK is still in development stage. ^^. I have a question: Distance fog working fine ? and distance fog should be visible in the editor too ?
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Distance Fog is currently broken since I switched to a newer OpenGL Code base I wasn't able to fix it yet.. the driver code is highly complex
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

ohh thats ok. I think many people want to play with Sdk, I waitin for next release :) oh. If I create a map with a SDK features and send to my friend, in order to play he must have a SDK version too, yes :p?
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Yes yes, many wrote me asking for the next release.

Yes, in this case your friend has to have the SDK too, it's like with any other mod..
Better you both have the exact same and most recent version, which is the january beta release.