DisarmedMite5 Here

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
DisarmedMite5
Novice

DisarmedMite5 Here

Post by DisarmedMite5 »

Hello UT99!

I'm looking forward in being part of this community. I have the two-disk GOTY edition of Unreal Tournament 99. Hope to find lots of exciting servers!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: DisarmedMite5 Here

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome to the forums!
Just out of curiousity, have you just recently got the game, or did you play it before in the past?

Cheers! :tu:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome, and thanks for the useful info up front !
It helps that we already know what problems you may face having the full 2CD install.

2 of the textures are borked on CD 2, so you will get occasional "skating players" in online games.
Options are to patch the bad files (patch available),
replace the files with regular files from CD1,
or upgrade to even higher quality versions from the UTTextures site (requires updating to a modern video renderer)

My beloved Chaos had an update after the UT release, so you should get the newest ChaosUT from the official site.
Rocket Arena may have had updates also, and you will find them at ModDB

The Volatile weapons and ammo mutator on CD2 does not work online. Copy the DE.u file from CD1 over the installed version.

There are also a couple of fixes for 2 of the bonus packs included with the GOTY edition.

I complied a list of the differences between the UT versions, with links to the various files needed
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/unre ... -f104.html
There are sections covering fixes and essential updates, through useful enhancements, to funky and shiny pimping.
DisarmedMite5
Novice

Post by DisarmedMite5 »

I recently got the game, though I have heard about it in the past. And thanks for the info. I'll look into it.