So there was a place for introductions...

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Neon_Knight
Adept

So there was a place for introductions...

Post by Neon_Knight »

...and I figured out I've never introduced myself in the first place, lol!

34 y.o., from Argentina, playing Unreal games ever since 2001, I guess, can't remember when I tried the first Unreal game, but I do remember that I definitely fell in love with the series with Unreal Tournament in 2002 and my life has never been the same since that fateful day. My areas of interest? Anything regarding lore and fan-related stuff. Not really big on pro-level play, as it tends to attract one of the most annoying and nefarious classes of player ever. (I consider myself an "anti-elitist", btw, elitism is one of my main pet-peeves...).

Some of you may know me as the guy who admins the Unreal Wiki. Not too long ago I was doing the same for the Liandri Archives (R.I.P.). That last part didn't work so well in the end, but I did my best there. I have to admit that going through archives of dead sites in order to collect information has been a bit therapeuthic and fun, to say the least.

Other part of you know me as the guy who obsesses with is in charge of localization for the OldUnreal patches. I'm of the idea that anything that can contribute to bring new people into the game and/or the community is a Good Idea, and localization is definitely one of them. And, besides, it always irked me that the series never had a proper localization that made the games justice. DO NOT. GET. ME. STARTED. in the myriad of ways the different translations of the games break them. :facepalm:

And others just know me as the annoying guy who hangs out on Discord and calls himself [DX] TripleH, lol!

Favourite game series are mostly old-school: Unreal (ofc, otherwise what would I be doing here?!), Quake, Serious Sam, Doom, Duke Nukem, Age of Empires, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo... and my latest addition has been Borderlands. I spent an entire decade without knowing how awesome that game was. Damn me!

Used to be a mapper, but my early Unreal maps are best left out in /dev/null.

Which of the Unreal games I like? ALL OF THEM. At worst, a certain Unreal game may be my "least favorite" (here's looking at you, U2 & UT4).

Also, as you just saw, a troper. Yep, entire years of my life have been ruined the very day I knew the existence of that site. On the other hand, that site also allowed me to enjoy the entertainment pieces I love the most in a bunch of new ways.

I don't know what else should I write about... so there's that for the moment.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: So there was a place for introductions...

Post by Hellkeeper »

Neon_Knight wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:05 pm Not really big on pro-level play, as it tends to attract one of the most annoying and nefarious classes of player ever. (I consider myself an "anti-elitist", btw, elitism is one of my main pet-peeves...).
Too bad for you, I'm a hardcore elitist and I'm afraid you're not cut for this game. No TRUE player would say someting like that. 8)
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:25 am Welcome aboa.... Eyy wait a minute!
:mrgreen: hi buddy!
better late then never :mrgreen:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Nice to know something more about you!
True passion!