hi im allen

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
mrtechwizard
Novice

hi im allen

Post by mrtechwizard »

i used to play UT99 religiously before trying 2004 then 3... then when UT 2014 or 15 was announced or leaked I HAD to get back in and downloaded the alpha, but seeing how Epic stopped dev to put time into fortnite, I went back to 2004 and 99. It seems the community has now taken over dev support for all versions including Unreal...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: hi im allen

Post by papercoffee »

Yeah they did take over development, more or less.
Welcome back to our forum.
Last edited by papercoffee on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed
mrtechwizard
Novice

Post by mrtechwizard »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:52 am Yeah they did take over development, more or less.
Welcome to our forum.
Yay can I subscribe to your deviantART page I use deviantART all the time as well as all the others free services but it's nice to see that unreal tournament's been taken care of... I wish they would release a native Linux port of unreal tournament 99 2003 2004 three and 2013
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Welcome aboard! I played the UT4 alpha for a bit too, and it was pretty clear that Epic Games had no intention of continuing to develop it, but it got me back into UT as well. I hope you enjoy your stay.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

He enjoyed the stay since July 21 2014, geniuses...

Hi, Allen, nice to see you Activated :rock: .
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

And since Aug 24, 2014 he was inactive.
Fixed my post.
mrtechwizard
Novice

Post by mrtechwizard »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:57 pm And since Aug 24, 2014 he was inactive.
Fixed my post.
It feels good again to post on forms like these and not Discord
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Welcome, my friend! We hope that you have fun playing Unreal Tournament! Hopefully you will and it was the right decision! I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but it's a very fun game. It's a shame that the community is slowly losing steam. There is hope, though! A community patch is in the works, and people are quite excited about it!

At the end of the day, what matters is that, to this day, people sometimes stumble upon this game (or perhaps the memories thereof), and come to the community. People like you! You help keep it alive! :)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Nice to meet you and keep fraggin'!