Hi!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
bitstorm

Hi!

Post by bitstorm »

I remember talking about Quake III sometime in late 1999/early 2000 with a friend who said if I like that I should really check out UT. Needless to say I was immediately hooked. I usually played as Bitstorm or Bitstorm_Omega. I have purchased multiple copies of the UT GOTY edition as well as 2003/4, and Unreal Tournament III (which I just started playing a few nights ago- WOW).

I am not part of a clan. During the heyday of UT I only had dialup, on a good night I could do okay until I faced someone with a cable modem! Now I have satellite and wireless on Vista so far I think it's worse for FPS gams *lol*. I played enough to meet a lot of amazing players (I will never forget seeing the clan show up at 5AM and doing the shock rifle boost to lift a team member over a high wall) & also realize the damage that the cheats could do (I remember one player by the name of "Lamp" who managed to use aimbot so badly people would literally just sit and not move until he left.

What drew me here was the community based map screenshots, they look amazing. I had a few maps I had worked on in 2000/2001 using UnrealEd, I remember having to make sure the BSP objects were watertight or it would lead to player death. There were a few maps, some were quite massive, most were CTF maps that were playable but not were finished in terms of bot paths or finished lighting.

Looking forward to being here!
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Re: Hi!

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

welcome to UT99 forums, hope you get back into GOTY its a great game and has advanced conciderably online since you proberly last played :) :rock:
..Image