Hello from a Chinese New comer

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Jojonew
Novice
Personal rank: 10

Hello from a Chinese New comer

Post by Jojonew »

Hi I’m a new comer from China. I came here to learn some modifications for an old game which I played 15 years ago called Sephiroth. Now I have already import my new weapon into the game. But there are also many confusions.so I’m here :D :D
Attachments
2AF8A742-9C5F-45C0-A4C6-F5ECDB615A4A.jpeg
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Hello from a Chinese New comer

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hello Jojonew.
I think you made a mistake. This site is dedicated to the original Unreal Tournament.
Unless you want to import the weapon into UT, we can't help you here.
Jojonew
Novice

Post by Jojonew »

Got it! Actually my purpose is to know how UnrealEd work and how to code…I have browsed some topics here and very useful.
Thanks.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I never heard of this game. Where is information about this? All I seem to find is some final fantasy related stuff or a remake on UE4 but this doesn't seem quite like that...right?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UT or not, that elf is so sexy!!! :mrgreen:
Would be awesome if one could import that model.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome aboard! Any details about this game? Does not look familiar over here.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Welcome, buddy! Always fun to see how international online places can get. For example, I'm from Brazil! It's nice to meet you! ^^

TankBeef wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:09 pm UT or not, that elf is so sexy!!! :mrgreen:
Border guard be like,

[checks out] "..You know what, m'lady, I'll let you pass this time. Welcome to America!" :ironic:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Sephiroth: Third Episode - The Crusade was a MMORPG on Unreal Engine 1. I think modding it, or cross-porting stuff may still be very much in the scope of interest of some modders, so an outright gatekeeping style "We can't help you there" is a bit harsh.

I still think any questions pertaining to this title will need to be in off-topic sections, as it is.
Jojonew
Novice

Post by Jojonew »

As in my region I cannot browse the wiki website and you guys can search the key word “凯旋” on wiki or some searching engine..I think you would find the information of this game.
Thanks.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes well I did hear of some MMORPG game, but I'd swear there was yet another one that was either cancelled or just released, but this one I think I didn't know of before. It seems like we are missing a lot of stuff from your regions while you also can't access some of our stuff like wikis. I suppose it kind of goes both ways huh?

it is intriguing but not surprising since the game seems to be...

i just don't get it though, why did most western mmo games on earlier unreal engine failed while this had some following over there?

Or even games that were not MMO but still in similar environment. Like there was one that started as an unreal addon, crest of dharim it was called and it switched multiple engines and even got renamed to ...yea my memory is not working right now. Like I even talked to some of the developers about it and now I can't remember.

Automatically merged

some images i found while searching:

also this dooesn't look like unreal engine 1, it clearly uses complex terrain

https://image2.sina.com.cn/gm/newgames/0305/kx05.jpg
https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx03.jpg
https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx04.jpg
https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx01.jpg
https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx02.jpg

https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx05.jpg
https://images.17173.com/news/200304/0514kx06.jpg

bu yea imagine if projects like circle got finished instead and...seeing this being made and played elsewhere in the world is just so...unreal
Jojonew
Novice

Post by Jojonew »

Woo….it is detailed. For this game ,its original engine was unrealed 1 and improved by UnrealEd 2 when it was released to public.
I am a new beginner of UnrealEd 2.0,but you know ,I think the functions of 1 and 2 are similar.In China we don’t have this kind of Community.
When I import a new model in this game and it works good ,I was so excited and happy. A game ,you like it and you can modify it ! I like this kind of feeling 🤭🤭
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Are you sure it was Unrealed 1? I mean that's the visual basic one, even the last patches of UT got rid of it and replaced it with UnrealED2. The version of UnrealED hardly says anything about the engine though, but UnrealED 3 is what unreal engine 2 games use.
Though there are in between games which use UnrealED 2.5 and similar, but those are usually running on the "warfare" engine already, which to some people is still mostly the original engine but with upgrades. Many people disagree where exactly the split is between UE1 and UE2. It wasn't even called that way originally and only retroactively, which makes it worse. Some people say its the render.dll that actually is the clear split but there are corner cases always.

Automatically merged

I'm also thinking that this game could be a good base to port Circle content to, as opposed to regular Unreal because it has the basics already working for that type of game. Well except that I don't have the game and that I will be confused by all the chinese symbols I guess.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

I think the game client was downloadable at some point, I may still have it somewhere, then again, I may have not. Plus, please be aware that a MMORPG also requires its relevant server setup to fully work. A client without it is often completely useless.
Jojonew
Novice

Post by Jojonew »

Thanks guys.A very warm welcome.😃😃
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Given that its Unreal engine and all, I think even without a central server it could be simulated and if not I'm sure someone could modify it enough. I mean it even comes with unrealed and all apparently and I don't think they truly thought back then of including some real showstoppers. Like games that did were an exception.