Hello, UT99.org

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
skwirulb0y

Hello, UT99.org

Post by skwirulb0y »

Hey there. :)

So, it's been ages since I've had a game of UT, having switched to 2004 when it came out and then taken a break from pure-and-simple FPS games for a while. Slapped the disk in the other day and was pleased to find the lightning fast gameplay is still very much nifty and that there are a load of servers just waiting to be joined.

I had one small problem, which is that the game slowed to about 2 frames ever minute in 32-bit colour, which is mad because I'm playing this on a 2.5ghz system with 1Gb RAM. Perhaps it's a problem with the rubbish GeForce 5200FX I'm resigned to use but nothing else I've played has had this problem and I have played much more recent games on this machine. *shrug*

So I just played it in Open GL mode and it was fine (lol, Open GL... I feel ancient all of a sudden ;)).

First thing I realized when I joined a server: I suck! Half-or-more of the players on any server are solid veterans and I can't keep up with them. Oh well, I'll just have to make do. After all, I've managed to just about give a challenge to people playing Quake 1, who never stopped since the initial release so I guess I might get a little better. ;)

Well, that's all.

Oh, and I'm fond of this emoticon...

:face:

...Been there, done that. :twisted:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Hello, UT99.org

Post by GenMoKai »

Yeah i know that emoticon is great! :D Anyways welcome here and enjoy your stay!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission