RoninMastaFX has arrived

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced
Personal rank: UT Veteran & Mapper

RoninMastaFX has arrived

Post by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX »

Hey. :) I'm RoninMastaFX, but everyone calls me Ronin. :tongue: I've been playing the Unreal series the day Unreal 1 came out, and I still love it. My favourite game is UT1 (UT99), and it'll always be my favourite game ever! :mrgreen:

I'm in a clan called the Mercenary X, I joined it in January fo this year, and the guys are awesome to be around. 8)

I am creating 3 mods currently (UT3DOM, RoninMastaMod and BerzerkUT), I helping with Delacroix's Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack (you'll need to be from BeyondUnreal or OldUnreal to know about this), and I am hosting the (not well known) RoninReadMe Project.

I have created loads of maps back in the day, but msot of them was clan maps, or maps that I thought it wasn't meant to be released to the public.

Several maps that I have done in the past that was released to the internet was DM-RoninMaze (my old 1999 map :tongue:) and CTF-Pagnite. I am currently workign on MH-Valintron Sector A (there will be a Sector A, B and C of Valintron). My map after Valintron is still under the blueprint stages, but it'll be a factory styled map. Not much is known, but more info will be told in the future. :wink:

Not much else to say, but this is indeed an excellent forum. :D

I'll be here and there from the forums if anyone needs to talk to me, ro if a topic springs up that itnerests me, i'll be there. :wink:

Take care,

RoninMastaFX. 8)
Last edited by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Re: RoninMastaFX has arrived

Post by Shade »

Welcome RoninMastaFX! :)

Nice Introduction!

Enjoy your stay here :tu:
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Thank you! =) I'm sure I will :D
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

Welcome, Ronin! :mrgreen:

Are you the same Ronin who used to hang around the UTA forums? :tu:
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Dare wrote:Welcome, Ronin! :mrgreen:

Are you the same Ronin who used to hang around the UTA forums? :tu:
Nope, I never hung out there. :)
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

Is Ronin a name because I have seen a few Ronins' around sniper servers and CTF servers.
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Well, choosing my name was a unique process. I'll explain. :)

The Ronin part was not chosen from UT3 (as the name was thought of in May of 2002), but was from an old DOS game made in the early 90's (about Ninja's, Samurai and Ronin), I long since forgotten the name of the game though. xD

Anyway, I figured "Ronin" was a good start to the nickname, but it was missing somethign, so I loaded uop a few games, and I managed to load up an old Classic Sid Meier's SimGolf. It had a saying about a "computa masta" or somethign like that, and then I thought abotu the name RoninMasta...and I've used ti ever since, with the addition of "FX" in late 2007 (from the old NVIDIA GeoForce FX series).

So yeah, it's a long and unique way of how my name was thought of. I was probably one of the original people playing any UT who had the name "Ronin" in it. Others probably got a similiar idea based from my unique nickname creation process.

And if you're wondering why I added the FX part, is that I saw a guy ona UT2004 server with the exact same name, we had a 3 map battle with 60 frags per match. I won the second oen, but lost to the first and last one. :( Then I had to add the FX to the end of my name.

So yeah, long story on my history of how I developed my nickname. xD