A retired Killer Instinct pro jumping into new territory!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
redeyeguy
Novice
Personal rank: Pvt. Contreras

A retired Killer Instinct pro jumping into new territory!

Post by redeyeguy »

Hi, my name is redeyeguy (formerly known as redeyedol), and I'm from Canada. I'm a retired KI champ from the Zbattle.net scene (I've trained extensively with XBAND players as well), and I was pretty much the top player there for a LONG time. However, KI is an extremely broken fighting game, and eventually I got sick of the monotonous glitchy gameplay, so I turned to UT. You see, I've played this game on and off within the past 2 or so years (my girlfriend introduced me to it :wtf:), however only within the past 2 months I started to dedicate myself to it. I've always known FPS pretty well, I've played:

- a bit of Halo
- lots of Duke Nukem 3D
- plenty of Quake III Arena LAN parties in high school
- Goldeneye 64
- Perfect Dark
- Time Splitters: Future Perfect
- some other titles, too lazy to remember

UT99 is by far the most intense and genuine of out all of these (at least for me), and I am now really appreciating this game for what it's really worth. I came around here to see a bit of the UT community first hand (even though I'm sure the UT community is a lot more extensive than just this site alone, no offense intended!), and I'm hoping to meet plenty of skilled players who are willing to both kick my ass and help me hone my skills. I'm a fighting game vet, but only now I'm starting to realize what high level play in FPS is like. So I am really looking forward to seeing more and more of what UT can offer me. I've already played on plenty of servers, had a blast (no pun intended), and I'm quite impressed by the level of players I see there! Some guys are just.... ridiculous lol. So yeah, nice to meet you guys, blah blah, you get the point.

Let's see some ass kicking go down. :wink:

:enforcer:
Visit the Killer Instinct master's site!

Growing chile peppers is my passion. :mad2:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: A retired Killer Instinct pro jumping into new territory!

Post by papercoffee »

Wellcome on board sailor.
If my interent is installed next month ...I am the guy with the bio-rifle, who hunt you down :mrgreen:
redeyeguy
Novice
Personal rank: Pvt. Contreras

Re: A retired Killer Instinct pro jumping into new territory!

Post by redeyeguy »

papercoffee wrote:Wellcome on board sailor.
If my interent is installed next month ...I am the guy with the bio-rifle, who hunt you down :mrgreen:
I have yet to play someone who's 1337 with the Bio-Rifle (tho I've seen videos of sick players using it)..... so BRING IT ON. :pfff:
Visit the Killer Instinct master's site!

Growing chile peppers is my passion. :mad2: