Back to modding

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Darkness
Experienced

Back to modding

Post by Darkness »

Greetings, I'm Darkness and I'm back to UT99 after almost 5 years away from it.

Some of you may already have played my old mod, called Apocalypse Weapons... it was fun for most people, although I couldn't finish it as I wanted...

This time I'm in for something different, more complex and less overkill.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that there's still an entire comunity dedicated to this wonderful game. See ya around :tu:
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: Back to modding

Post by Shadow »

Welcome back to UT99 Modding !

Seems like a new wave of content creations is arising ! :chainsaw:

And good luck on your mod and development :)
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Gonna set this up on my server in column three. I'll report back when it's done and tested. BTW, you *might* consider renaming the mod zips. MH is almost universally associated with monsterhunt, as there are many mods with that prefix designed for it. So many sites just list the zips with no explanation, you should make it more explanatory for the mirrors.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

Shadow wrote:Welcome back to UT99 Modding !

Seems like a new wave of content creations is arising ! :chainsaw:

And good luck on your mod and development :)
Thanks Shadow :tu:

gopostal wrote:Gonna set this up on my server in column three. I'll report back when it's done and tested. BTW, you *might* consider renaming the mod zips. MH is almost universally associated with monsterhunt, as there are many mods with that prefix designed for it. So many sites just list the zips with no explanation, you should make it more explanatory for the mirrors.
Yeah you're right, I totally forgot about Monster Hunt :cry: thanks for the suggestion, I might take this into consideration for a new release...

There may be minor bugs with a few projectiles since I couldn't test everything and there weren't many testers... many of the content was "rushed", so I could get a good release asap.

The only projectile that I'm aware that can behave strangely is Gamma's Primary Earth shot, but most of time it works fine, just in some ramps and some walls it may be odd.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Up and running in column 4 here: 8.12.64.129:7777

Most of the maps are sniper-style, but it will give you a large playground to test the weapons. BTW, this is a testserver so if you want to tweak things, see the logs, or otherwise play around with your mod just let me know and I'll work it out for you.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

gopostal wrote:Up and running in column 4 here: 8.12.64.129:7777

Most of the maps are sniper-style, but it will give you a large playground to test the weapons. BTW, this is a testserver so if you want to tweak things, see the logs, or otherwise play around with your mod just let me know and I'll work it out for you.
Thanks so much! I've tried to join that, but I don't understand, are you hosting 4 servers on the same IP? How do I change to that one?

Anyway, I've started changing minor things, like making the mod more compatible with other gametypes and mods... I tried playing the 1.0 release with Monster Hunt, and just noticed that all the monsters would "burst" when dying, like a player, without leaving a corpse behind :P of course it was easy to fix, but it was just something I totally ignored while making the CheckReplacement function hehe. I've also made support to the LastManStanding mode (starting with ammo for all weapons and armor)... so I'll pay more attention to this kind of thing for the next release, before enganging into scripting newer things.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

I wouldn't worry too much about compatibility with monsterhunt. Most of the servers use custom controllers that feed ammo and weapons to the players because the monsters are all overdone and mega-health.

In my server the mapvote has four columns. Monsterhunt, monsterhunt with strongmonsters (much harder), an empty column, and your Maverick mod used in a DM setting with some bots. Selecting the map loads the proper mutators.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

gopostal wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about compatibility with monsterhunt. Most of the servers use custom controllers that feed ammo and weapons to the players because the monsters are all overdone and mega-health.

In my server the mapvote has four columns. Monsterhunt, monsterhunt with strongmonsters (much harder), an empty column, and your Maverick mod used in a DM setting with some bots. Selecting the map loads the proper mutators.
Yeah I managed to join the server a while ago, but there's something odd there. Have you added the proper Serverpackage?
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

welcome :)
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Yes, Welcome....glad you're onboard for decade #2. I loved the volatile ammo and burning bot muts in AW. :tu:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

Sergeant Todd wrote:Yes, Welcome....glad you're onboard for decade #2. I loved the volatile ammo and burning bot muts in AW. :tu:
Thanks :lol: Volatille ammo gave me lots of laughs while playing, sometimes it was cooler to shoot the ammo instead of getting them :mrgreen:
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Yes!!!
Welcome to Decade #2 for UT99!!!

Awesome Srgt. Todd! :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Sergeant Todd
Adept

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Darkness wrote:
Sergeant Todd wrote:Yes, Welcome....glad you're onboard for decade #2. I loved the volatile ammo and burning bot muts in AW. :tu:
Thanks :lol: Volatille ammo gave me lots of laughs while playing, sometimes it was cooler to shoot the ammo instead of getting them :mrgreen:
Absolutely. In CTF, I used to shoot the ammo near the flagbase, and watch burning defenders screaming out of there..lol...lol alot! :agree1:

Crap, I just drank a glass of Appleton 12 and lime, and it's empty. What am I gonna do now? :wth:

Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sergeant Todd wrote: Crap, I just drank a glass of Appleton 12 and lime, and it's empty. What am I gonna do now? :wth:
What is Appleton 12 ???

@ Darkness
Wellcome on board ...again.
Sergeant Todd
Adept

Post by Sergeant Todd »

papercoffee wrote:
Sergeant Todd wrote: Crap, I just drank a glass of Appleton 12 and lime, and it's empty. What am I gonna do now? :wth:
What is Appleton 12 ???
12 year old Jamaican rum, which I never seem to have enough of :cry: I drink it with lime and mint for a little Mojito touch :D
Sergeant Todd
---------------