Hello from bunny land...

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Raylen
Average
Personal rank: BunnyTracker

Hello from bunny land...

Post by Raylen »

Hi! Thought I would finally sign up and post on here as I am off work sick today and have lots of free time :D

I guess I have a similar story to many people on here - I played UT for a couple of years when it first came out (completed the game on Masterful, lol), then I had a break where lots of stuff happened. Then a couple of years ago I re-bought the CD off Amazon for £3, and here we are. Since coming back I discovered this new (new to me at any rate) game type called "Bunny Track", which I found quite fun, mainly because my aim sucks, so it's nice not to have to shoot too many moving things.

THEN I got a bit annoyed by having to play many crappy maps, so I thought I would see if I could do a better job...taught myself Ued with lots of help from tutorials and friends, and made some maps. I'll post a few pictures below of some of them (I have made around 12 now). I am a reasonable mapper by BT standards, but having recently downloaded the UTR pack and some other maps from here, I can see that I still have a long way to go. I'm also a novice when it comes to scripting, although I have been learning a bit more about this lately.

I am a player, map-fixer and part-time admin in the BT cups on Clanbase, which is quite fun. Currently the 6th NationsCup is about to start, with 12 nations signed up :)

Real-life I am a school teacher - I teach ICT, and I run an after-school club to teach kids Ued :tu:

That's about it really. I love UT (so much better than 2003, 2004 and UT3 combined...), and I enjoy mapping and learning new stuff. Have a look below - I'd be really interested to see what people think (and if you want the actual maps, I can provide downloads, or just come to my clan's server!)

Cheers!

My church - inside

...and outisde

Looks like sniper level :D

Inside one of the buildings:

Some delivery bay:
Thanks in advance for answering the above question!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Hello from bunny land...

Post by Creavion »

You can show your maps in the mapping section, even if they are already a little bit older.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Raylen wrote:THEN I got a bit annoyed by having to play many crappy maps, so I thought I would see if I could do a better job...taught myself Ued with lots of help from tutorials and friends, and made some maps. I'll post a few pictures below of some of them (I have made around 12 now). I am a reasonable mapper by BT standards, but having recently downloaded the UTR pack and some other maps from here, I can see that I still have a long way to go. I'm also a novice when it comes to scripting, although I have been learning a bit more about this lately.
Then your are at the right place i think :P many mappers have the same feeling about those crappy maps i think, or else i speak only for myself ;)

anyways welcome and enjoy your stay
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Looks good, welcome!
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Welcome... nice looking maps :)
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

hey Raylen :D i love your maps, Rebirth is kewl
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

I am going to have to Get your maps through a DownLoad sometime!
I'll be in touch! :wink:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777