Lord Kafer

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Lord Kafer
Novice

Lord Kafer

Post by Lord Kafer »

Hi,

I'm a mapper, or at least I try to be one. I know a lot of the technical stuff but I guess I'm not very fast at producing maps. I've previously released one UT map in blto3's 300k map pack, but I still haven't finished my upgraded version - or any of the maps I've been working on for the past eight years. I've actually been into mapping since the good old Duke3d days. That's when I chose my nickname, which really should have some sort of accent above the 'a' as it's supposed to be the German word for bug (I'm a VW fan).

I hope to release a few maps this summer after I'm done with all my term papers :cry:
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: Lord Kafer

Post by Dare »

Welcome! :mrgreen:

What maps do you make?
Lord Kafer
Novice

Post by Lord Kafer »

Well, the map that was released in the map pack was DM-300k-1on1-Playground. Keep in mind that it had to be under 300k in file size.

Here's a shot of what it's shaping up to be now:

The only other map I've released previously was ONS-UP-Lunacy which I don't consider finished. . .

I'd say my favourite style is fantasy/medieval. Currently I'm working on two DM (three including Playground) and one CTF map in that genre. But I also have two AS, a DM, and two CTF maps in the works that could probably all be lumped under sci-fi. Here's a break down, numbers give amount of progress with 1 being lowest:

AS-Hostile (a spaceship map) = 3
AS-??? (a new take on AS-Rotation of Power) = 2
CTF-Schism (kinda like a cathedral) = 7
CTF-w00tTestFacility (an urban w00t map) = 3
CTF-??? (a space elevator) = 1
DM-Warlock (a castle themed map) = 5
DM-Magician (a rampy tower tribute to DM-Wizard) = 7
DM-WindyPig (an experiment with wind tunnels) = 4
DM-Playground = 7
King Henri
Average
Personal rank: It depends

Post by King Henri »

Nice. I also try mapping from time to time. But it takes to much time to make a good map. So usually my maps sufer from lack of work on details. So I have great respect for mappers who put a lot of effort in their maps :gj: .