{**Elayne_Trakand**}

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Elayne_Trakand
Novice

{**Elayne_Trakand**}

Post by Elayne_Trakand »

I played UT99 back in the old days (aka 1999 - 2003).
I had a hiatus for a bit then came back sometime in 2004 played til 2005 and quit the game

History of Elayne, her humble beginnings.....

Q's Server

I started my journey into UT99 on "Q's Server". A regular grav all weapons server. The admin "Q" was a very skilled player whom I befriended and taught me the ropes of UT (little did I know then how long I would come to love the game of UT).

Q instructed me on the various use of weapons. How to improve my sniper aim (Deck 16 training regimen], how to piston jump (this was my beginning into the art of piston jumping), what instagib was (LOL). He showed me how to get new maps and install them. He introduced me to the developers of some very cool maps "Shock Systems". We ran one of these CTF maps together quite a lot.

Shortly after this Q started running another server. He was the first server I know of to run a CTF-Face only, Rockets Only Server. This was a reg speed reg gravity server. This is where I learned my true calling. ROCKETS!. I found "rockets only" to be an art form unto itself. An array of skills and tactics that could be learned and mastered. Once again Q was dominate on his server. I rarely could get past him. He was well known for simply standing in front of the base by himself as if to say "try and get past me". Few did.

Obiwan's Server

At some point on Q's server I met a talented player who told me I should try another server called "Obiwan's Server". At this point in time I had already become one of the best players on Q's server so I thought why not. Well it was a totally humbling experience. First of all, Obiwan's server was a 135/35 LowGrav All weapons Server. I had never played a increased speed server or a Low Gravity server. I was definitely out of my element. I will never forget my first CTF Match. I believe the match ended and the #1 player in terms of Frags was around 100. I had a score of 0! That's right I had no frags! It wasn't even close. These players were so skilled I was dumb founded. However, I was also intrigued. I had to learn this new type of game. I had to "skill-up". I played all day long on that server and my highest score was maybe 6. These guys knew what they were about. I befriended Obiwan and learned more tricks on how to setup my UI how to tweak my OpenGL driver for improved vision and smoothness. I of course learned a plethora of tricks with each weapon. I had so much to learn it took me some time. I would say in about a month I started to finish mid-pack on the scoreboard. On this server I met many skilled players and I would list players I'd like to give thanks too in this post. At some point in time a player called FuRy discovered me and thought I might fit into one of his Clans. That was my first real introduction into a Clan type of environment.

At around the same time I was playing on Obiwan's server I found another server that was running my beloved CTF-Face only, Rockets Only. However this server had changed the game style to my now, more favored, 135/35 LowGrav setting. I am bummed I cannot remember the name of this server as I played on it for probably 2 years and it's where I made a name for myself as a talented LowGrav Rockets player.

I could tell you of many battles and great games but that would take too long.

Clans I was a part of

My first clan was the [OwN] run by [OwN]GraViTy. It was a good clan running 135/35 LowGrav All Weapons.
Gravity convinced me and most of his clan members to shift to UT2k3 when it came out. Most of us did but we still played UT99. We did pretty well in UT2k3 ladders and we got pretty skilled but it wasn't long before I returned to UT99 as it was a far superior game.

At this point in time the game was starting to age and people were leaving. I didn't play the game nearly as much as I did (in my prime I was known to play 8 hours a day). I was the founder of a clan, quite by accident, called {Dii} (Death is Immiment, the joke i made was that it could be their death or mine.. but someone was gonna die). A friend and I tossed the clan tag on our names as more of a joke. Since we were both known to be excellent players somehow we had recruits. I did not take any action but apparently my friend did. I created the name and one day logged on to found I was in a clan?? I of course left promptly as I had no desire for a clan affiliation at this point in my UT career.

My only other clan history was the {HNC} clan and the [[DsK]] clan. Both were InstaGib 155/55 clans. That was when I shifted to InstaGib and once again "Skilled Up" in a different "game type/style of play".

Alias's (the blessing of anonymity)

I thought it would be fun to list some of my more favored alias's. We all use em and love em!

MountainDew
CranialAssualt
iRobot
After|ife
Forbidden
Angst
deity
omfgstfu
lucid
SugarHoneY
deathstriker666 (inspired by the pure pwnage crew)

UT99 Friends and mentor's (people who shaped me as a player and I enjoyed fragging with)

Q
FuRy

The {B4M} boyz:
Sephiroth
Unforgiven
BlindFury

[[DsK]]pestilence

In closing I just re-installed UT99 and have begun dusting off the Rocket launcher. My skillz are horrible right now and I'm taking a beating but I'll "skill up" once again. I still feel UT99 was and is the greatest video game ever created.

I hope you enjoyed the history and me lolz.. and happy Fragging!!

{**Elayne_Trakand**}
Attachments
Just for Fun MountainDew in action :P
Just for Fun MountainDew in action :P
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: {**Elayne_Trakand**}

Post by Hook »

Welcome Elayne! :tu:
From one old UT player to another. :wink:
Some of the real old stuff sounds familiar, but alas, I do not remember it all either.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome aboard Elayne ... Image
Nice introducing...
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

looks you have a lot of free time to make such a big intro ;) welcome!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
KaP10

Post by KaP10 »

Thanks for bringing back some of my greatest Gaming experiences. MY story is allmost the exact same as Elayne's, I starting playing ut99 domination all weapons competing on UT leader boards. After that i some how found my way to The CrackaZ server, which was low g all wep 135/35, I played with them for a few months and really skilled up in my game play and style. Eventually a few people from OwN poped on the server and must have saw potential in me.

I joined [OwN] and had my first clan matches and real team games instead of just random public games. At the time from what i can remember There was somewhat of a rivalry between {B4M} and [OwN] but i'm unsure as to the details. I stayed with [OwN] and became a co leader for the clan when we started ut2k3 135/35 low g insta.

I have so many fond memory's of ut99 low g allwep and to be honest i would play it for the rest of my life if there were still people actively playing.

I just stumbled across this searching for old Screen shots of [OwN] form ut99

IF you have any let me know and e-mail them to me at : k_peters_1@hotmail.com
Elayne_Trakand
Novice

Post by Elayne_Trakand »

Somehow I remembered my login creds. Heya KaP. I remember you from UT99. You came into OwN after we had been around a while. I remember you had great aim with the sniper rifle. I also remember us playing matches in UT2k3 together. We wreaked some havoc for sure.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome back to the new home of UT99.
You'll find things have improved a lot over the years, and we even have better video and audio renderers than UT2004 :D
Very handy on modern hardware, as it really helps (who has a DirectX5 GFX card anymore ?)

This site has a lot of new projects to play with, and plenty of tips for getting the most from your new setup.
At the top of the site, you will always find the link to Raynor's ultimate guide to UT configuration.
Tweak Your UT Graphics To The Maximum! http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373

Due to the amount of new players and returning old-farts, I turned my old list of updates into a more comprehensive breakdown of patches, fixes, updates and addons
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/unre ... -f104.html

You must check out Feralidragon's Nali Weapons 3 mod ;)
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5525

I think we are going to have to start a girly-clan, there are so many girls playing this game again !
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

Elayne_Trakand wrote:
The {B4M} boyz:
Sephiroth
Unforgiven
You're welcome little, buddy. :satan: ;)

P.S. I'm the best player in UT...EVER!!!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Did you bring cookies?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sephiroth wrote: P.S. I'm the best player in UT...EVER!!!
Hey ...me too ...nice to meet you.

:mrgreen:
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

^.^ this makes me feel better, more and more people coming.

Welcome aboard ^.^
Elayne_Trakand
Novice

Post by Elayne_Trakand »

Sephiroth wrote:
Elayne_Trakand wrote:
The {B4M} boyz:
Sephiroth
Unforgiven
You're welcome little, buddy. :satan: ;)

P.S. I'm the best player in UT...EVER!!!
haha.. Sephy!!!!

Man I miss playing with you guys. :/

I wont' say who the best player is or was in UT. I'll just say that we all kicked some major ass. I was the protege. Given the right about of time I could have become the master! :agree1: