I'm back (again)

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
SixPakSuzy
Novice

I'm back (again)

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Hello everyone. I've played UT99 since 2001. Been active in a couple of clans, and ran my own rented servers in the past as well. But, I've stopped playing UT99 about 2 years ago.

Over the last 5 or 6 months, though, I've received several emails from past friends that I've made throughout the years playing UT99. Although we've moved onto other (more modern) games, an interest has been expressed that it would be nice to get together again and play UT99. I must say that I've missed it! Several have asked if I could start another server, even though there are plenty of servers that currently exist that go with much activity.

Mainly an assault player, I had other servers such as CTF, MH and even a JB server. I miss all of them. I've tried to get back, but gameplay with a high ping on a distant server that has activity is really not much fun. So, I've decided to start another server on the east coast and hopefully will get some interest of other regional players.

I've restarted my UT community JustUnreal.net and I've rented a VPS to host multiple game types. I've started with Assault, and once done, will start a CTF sniper/low G server. I also would like to have a DM and MH server, and maybe even a JB game.

But, I would like to put the word out that these servers are back, located in the New York city area and are available for public game play. I would also like to invite anyone to make suggestions on what gametypes/mods/mutators, etc are desired.

Best,
SPS
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: I'm back (again)

Post by papercoffee »

Well ....welcome back ...I like it when veterans return and play again. :tu:
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Oh, hi there. I've been with UT99 since 2001 too. It's great to see more veterans here. :)
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hey, I never really stopped playing ut99 so I guess I'm a veteran. Literally been playing it since it was 1st released. There's occasionally a month or two I've stopped playing it, every once in awhile, or times I just setup bot matches to watch, but I'm pretty much hooked for life.
SixPakSuzy wrote: Although we've moved onto other (more modern) games
BLASPHEMY!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

That happens quite a bit where "Veteran" UT99 players come back to the game, and at the same time, not enough of it happens. :wink:
Great to see you back 6-pack! (with us veterans) :tu:
Last edited by Hook on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

EvilGrins wrote:
SixPakSuzy wrote: Although we've moved onto other (more modern) games
BLASPHEMY!
Yes, I actually do agree! I've been playing Counter Strike: Source for the last two years, and I've always felt that for a game that has been around for so many years that UT99 actually has better game play, especially when it comes to physics, than a game as modern as Counter Strike: Source.