Hello! Awesome UT99 is still around!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
tracejustice

Hello! Awesome UT99 is still around!

Post by tracejustice »

Hi I use to play UT way back as 'tracej'. Me and my son were just talking about how we missed UT99 and it was better than any game that has come out since. There was just something about it that made it so much fun. I haven't played in years and am excited to see there are people still playing it and actually still some servers running.

I have lost the original CD's over the years. Is the game available for free download or do I have to go buy it somewhere? I didn't know if they even sold it or supported it anymore.

Thanks,
Trace
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Hello! Awesome UT99 is still around!

Post by JackGriffin »

I remember you bro from way back, I played as gopostal. You were a regular on one of my servers.."weekend party" I think? Your best bet is grab the anthology off Amazon or get UT through Steam.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
tracejustice

Post by tracejustice »

Thats too funny! I remember you too. I'm so glad people are still playing. We tried to play a few years back but couldnt find any servers. Seems like its made a come back somewhat.

Is this the right version?

I was just wondering since this says it was released in 2000.

Edit by papercoffee--------------------------------please avoid double posts - thank you.

also any problems running this old beast under Win 7?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

There are some threads here about running under Win7, but the issues are more to do with modern CPUs and changing speeds (also covered in threads here).
There have been many advancements with UT over the years, so make sure you update the UT renderers, and possibly the audio renderers.
There should be a thread here (hopefully) with a list of essential upgrades.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Yep, that's it. Grab the 9.99 one if UT is all you play. I run under win7 and have zero issues. If you do have any I'll fix them.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

For Win7, set sound latency from default 40 to 50 in order to eliminate occasional sound crackling.

Cheers,
Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"