HOT BEEF INJECTION

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
ASLY

Re: HOT BEEF INJECTION

Post by ASLY »

The world biggest problems... :ironic:
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

Creavion wrote: Come off it! Your first forum memebership ever, or something like that?
Far from my first forum. But to answer your question: I belong to 5 working forums. In my 10 years on UT, double, triple and sometimes the dreaded QUADRUPLE post, I have never once been warned for 'Double-Posting'. NOT ONCE.

So you can imagine my surprise coming to this old community and getting immediate slaps on the hand for something so ridiculous.

Creavion wrote: With "@" you can adress specific people.

Example
@paper: blah blah blah
@Hot Beef something: blah blah blah

Rules are rules!
^ I dont use '@' posts.

I address one person at a time, especially where a 'quote' is relevant.

I WILL NOT GET INTO A SNAFU OF CUTTING AND PASTING. Life is too short.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote: 2 separate posts responding to 2 separate people doesnt qualify.
Well, you are wrong.
Two posts for separate answers at the same time are unnecessary if you are able to use the edit button.
We are not 4chan.
Then you need to revise the wording of your rules to say:

2 posts in a row for any reason will be considered a double post and is a bannable offense

But wording like that sounds overly aggressive about very small things. Doesn't it?

Sound familiar? It's basically what you are telling me.

You might as well clarify it in the rules.... :tu:
8. Avoid unnecessary, as well as double and triple postings in the same thread. Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space.

Everyone here act upon our simple rules ...no one did complain about it ...everything went fine till now.
papercoffee wrote:
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote:I dont understand the problem. I've been nothing but nice since i got here.
And yes you are very nice. But I can't make exceptions for nice people.
You didn't answer my first PM and you did ignore my previous edits in your posts.
I didn't answer your first PM because i couldn't believe you were being serious and I had nothing to say.

I didn't ignore your edits. I looked at them and said to myself: "This person will die of a heart attack from micro-management", then I moved on.

I have something to say to the other mod now. But now i have to wait till someone posts so when i Quote him, I'm not violating any rules. :confused2:
Oh nice ...do you think I was kidding?
Did I come across as a comic relief?

Thanks, that you are concerned about my healthiness ...but I am far away from any hart attack.

Why is it that impossible for you to accept a simple rule?
NO DOUBLE POSTS!
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote:Far from my first forum. But to answer your question: I belong to 5 working forums. In my 10 years on UT, double, triple and sometimes the dreaded QUADRUPLE post, I have never once been warned for 'Double-Posting'. NOT ONCE.

So you can imagine my surprise coming to this old community and getting immediate slaps on the hand for something so ridiculous.
Well, there is a first for everything.
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

papercoffee wrote: I am far away from any hart attack.
Famous last words.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

HOT_BEEF_INJECTION wrote:
papercoffee wrote: I am far away from any hart attack.
Famous last words.
Well ... no.

have a nice day.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I just want to say that the rules do not need rewording, they're clear as crystal:
"Avoid unnecessary, as well as double and triple postings in the same thread. Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space."
If double posting is "ONLY" allowed as described above, anything else does NOT qualify.
Next time, read the entire rule, and don't stop halfway.
From here, either you respect it, or you don't. And I guess I don't need to write what happens if the rules aren't respected.

As for being on other 5 forums and never having this problem, that doesn't tell us anything. I lost count to the amount of forums I visited and participated in, and the real active ones have all this sort of rule, otherwise it would be posting chaos.
One of them actually went to the point of not having to only not allowing double posting of any kind, to even limiting each topic to 10.000 posts, and this number is really reached after a few weeks in many threads (actually, the record was about 5 days in one of them, and I am not referring to offtopic of any kind if you're wondering).

And I don't know if you noticed already or not, but UT development wise this forum is now the most active one around (yeah, it surpassed even UA and BU, since both became rather inactive relative UT), and it's getting new members in a daily basis, so we have to set and enforce rules early to avoid chaos and trolling otherwise this forum will suffer the same fate, and you know what? It worked so far, very damn well if I may add, either you like it or not.

EDIT: Unlocked by the author's request, under the condition that the talk will stay on-topic. This multi-posting issue is closed.