MrSmile from Iceland

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
MrSmile

MrSmile from Iceland

Post by MrSmile »

Hello :)

My name is Halldór Vilhjálmsson(MrSmile) from Iceland and I have a mission to complete. I was hoping you guys could assist me.

Prehistory:
The thing is i'm graduating as a software engineer from Reykjavík University in few months and Im doing a project(basicly a presentation with a little demo) about game engines in a course, Game engine architectures.
Everyone in the course is doing coverage about Unity, Cry or Unreal 3 etc etc. As a old school hardcore UT fan(iceland CTF captain in clanbase back in the day and long lasting lifetime in LMS) I actually wanted to promote the Unreal 1 engine :)
However i´m having problems getting other students to join in! I found 3 other students who want to do the review about the Unreal 3 engine since there are so many easy tutorials to follow and I am trying to convince them to do it about unreal 1. They are concerned that the project will become way to time consuming by choosing unreal 1 engine over unreal 3.

My question:
Where can I find guides to make modifications on the good old Unreal tournament or/and make minor modding on an already existing open source mod. Google is making it hard to find old guides for unreal 1 engine.
The more dummy proof the better, since I want to use those guides to convince other students to join me in unreal 1 engine instead of all the new mainstream ones.

finally, hello to everyone and im definitely staying around here after finding this brilliant web side :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MrSmile from Iceland

Post by papercoffee »

Hello and welcome to the forum... maybe should you try these 2 sections of our forum to gather your information.
Coding, Scripting
Development School

enjoy your stay!
MrSmile

Post by MrSmile »

Thanks, this is brilliant :)
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The downloads section here has some useful utilities, and you will find a good collection of old tutorials at http://www.oldunreal.com
This page http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... -resources has loads of links to free resources