Hello UT Players, Modders and Developers!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Hello UT Players, Modders and Developers!

Post by 'Zac »

Hello my name is 'Zac.
A few of you may know me from Unreal Mayhem or Unreal Killers or Global Unreal ( unreal...unreal...unreal...) but for those that don't know me, here's my biased bio because I like talking about myself ( well not that biased )
I'm 14.7363 years old....one of those few that turn away from COD and Assassin's Creed and those other pieces of crap. I love the fast paced classic FPS games and hardcore stuff. My highschool graduation is class of 2017, which means currently I'm in 10th grade if you don't want to think.

I was born in Port Washington, New York ( east coast ) and lived there until I was 7 where then I moved to the coast in NC near the beach ( east coast ) where it's always so damn hot and dry, but still a good feeling to have good weather.

UT Experience:
I started playing in like 2008 or 2009, then started playing online multiplayer in 2010 then leagues in 2013 ( MLSG 3 and GU Siege 1 for siege | KOTR winter 2013 | ICTF V or 6 or something )
My MLSG 3 Team went undefeated until the semi-finals, team leader was Lotrfan ( lord of the rings fan ) and team name was " The Bong Squad " because he was a total weed head.
My GU Siege Team was my own, called " 2 Much Pimp " ( pretty amuzing, eh? ) my team was a total screw up a little bit, but we got to the play offs and didn't get past the semi's.
In KOTR I got to round 2 baby!
In iCTF i was on the holy PACO's team, which did pretty good. I got a lot of play time even though I wasn't that good and my team was pretty awesome.
Now I don't really play anymore, I have other hobbies with this game and other hobbies

Started making maps ( retired now, lel ) in late 2009 and early 2010. I have a few on Unreal Killer's public siege server and also a few on Unreal Mayhem's Monster Hunt public server. All of the maps with XX-'Z-mapname are my maps, even though some don't and some are replaced with the UM tag.

I started coding not that long ago actually, learned C++ in early June and just about 3 weeks ago started getting into Uscript. Made a pack of monsters ( just changed textures and projectiles speeds, damages, colors, etc ) in a pack called ZacAttack. Now I'm started to get into some more complex stuff like gametypes and actors etc.

My Hobbies:
I have a lot of hobbies...lot's that deal with game design and computers ( nerd geekilizer x9000 ) You can call me a wanna-be workaholic
Here's a list...
UDK - Unreal Development Kit, used to make indie games. I know how to use it very well knowing a lot about it, but never thought about making a game...or have I....?
3Ds Max / Mudbox - 3D Modeling, making assets and meshes for the UDK. Mostly modular assets that fit together to create very quick and variation in buildings and levels ( used a lot in UT3 ) I'm also a nonpaid freelancing 3D artist. Working for Ozone Development and can't tell you about it muahehehehehehehehe.
Cinema 4D - Animation....zomg animationzz1111 Just basic stuff. Physics and simple movement. Don't use C4D that much, I have it because we use it to learn animation in school ( a class in highschool that teaches animation WOOHOO )
Photoshop - I make textures. Yeah that's pretty much it, bricks and floors and woods etc. Excited, eh?

Life Hobbies:
Basketball ( Play for fun with friends but never been on a team, too much work and jocks )
Skateboarding ( mostly Filming, but can't do any tricks :O ...so semi-skater? )
Fishing ( Off a pier at the beach )
Making Youtube videos...my youtube channel is waaayy to embarrassing to put on here. You'll have to find it yourself.
EDIT: Also play some Hold 'Em Poker, mostly with my Dad though. I think I'm good....
Plans for future:
Well, I want to be a 3D Game Artist. Or pretty much a juggernaut one, I like pretty much all the parts of creating a game. The drawing of concepts, the coding and scripting, the modeling, the animation, the testing, the level designing, the advertising and the people. So yeah the enthusiasm is flowing.
College is just meh. I know that in the game industry, it's about how good you are and your experience. So as long as my portfolio is looking good maybe some day I never need foot in college. Hourences did it, but he's amazingly talented... he started in the mod community and went on from there.

Other notes:
Check out my portfolio...I don't get any money from people going to it, there's no ads on it except for the website where I created the website. So it's ok that I post it.
http://zacharytepic.wix.com/zacharytportfolio

Thanks for reading about my life.
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Re: Hello UT Players, Modders and Developers!

Post by RocketJedi »

nice welcome to the forum! hope to see you in game check out our Rocket-X server for really fast paced gameplay and of course flying jets!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Server advertising goes to the server section ... ;)

Hey 'Zac welcome aboard ... This is one of the most detailed self description I did see so far. :shock:
Nice!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hi zac.

Your icon is going to give me nightmares.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
'Zac
Experienced

Post by 'Zac »

papercoffee wrote:Server advertising goes to the server section ... ;)

Hey 'Zac welcome aboard ... This is one of the most detailed self description I did see so far. :shock:
Nice!
Thanks...I like talking about myself.
Love your Food Fight weapons pack, it's very coolio.
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Hi zac.

Your icon is going to give me nightmares.
Spoiler
I HAD TO DO IT!!!
I actually like Danny Glover, he is a great actor ...but I couldn't resist.
[attachment=0]TheHonorableMrGlover.png[/attachment]

Unfortunately I have to admit, I do this shit for a living
Attachments
TheHonorableMrGlover.png
'Zac
Experienced

Post by 'Zac »

Lol I love my avatar, I found on a random picture on facebook and i was laughing way to hard at it. I'm hoping to make it a meme some day.
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Welcome to the community Zac :mrgreen:

Best of luck with your future plans!! I wouldn't skip college though, the gaming business of today is tougher (compared the time where Hourences started) so it wouldn't be bad to have a fall-back plan on your hands :tu:
Retired.
'Zac
Experienced

Post by 'Zac »

TheDane wrote:Welcome to the community Zac :mrgreen:

Best of luck with your future plans!! I wouldn't skip college though, the gaming business of today is tougher (compared the time where Hourences started) so it wouldn't be bad to have a fall-back plan on your hands :tu:
Yeah I probably will, there's a lot of colleges for game design on the east coast of the U.S., too many too many...
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github