Helloo

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
blade11
Novice

Helloo

Post by blade11 »

hi there, i just recently got this game off steam and its amazing to relive the memories of my first ever PC game. Its good to know that there is still a good commnity out there which stillplays this game.) are there are servers which you reccommend i join? and some good mods?

thannks
ShaiHulud
Adept

Re: Helloo

Post by ShaiHulud »

Hey, welcome to the forum.

You can sort the server browser list according to any of the column titles (server name, map name, server version, number of player, ping etc.), but just to make you aware of this, the top half dozen or so "most populated" servers (as reported by the server browser) use an underhanded trick to draw in players by including a number of "fake" players in the total count. This is self-defeating in the end because a player will join, realise that there's actually no-one around, and then avoid returning in future.

But, there are plenty of well attended game servers for pretty much every game-type going. It'll depend on your location too, to some extent, although most servers are running ZP or NewNet these days to try to compensate for players who are geographically distant and (therefore) have higher pings.

I can't speak about which are the most popular servers for Normal Weapons (the default weapon range), but I'd recommend the UrS Combogib server if you like a bit off cross-over gameplay. Combogib combines instagib (one shot kills) with the explosive power of the shock rifle in secondary fire mode (where you fire a plasma ball, then target and detonate it with a laser blast, resulting in an powerful explosion). Their server is called ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> and you'll find it at 46.253.196.193

I don't play on the Sniper only servers much, but I have a soft spot for the CoN clan servers, they've got some fun sniper mods ***-=CoN=- Freestyle Sniper*** (74.196.192.50) **-=CoN=- Madness Freestyle*** 74.196.192.50 - port 7001).

Definitely try out MonsterHunt - preferably in combination with Feralidragon's outstanding Nali Weapons 3 mod - which takes UT to a whole new level of wow.

[youtube]qaZD_rSdo8A[/youtube]

Perhaps on Multiplay :: Public MH #3 (MonsterHunt-Nali Weapons 3) (85.236.100.43) or MonsterHunt USA *NW3-Ultima* (162.248.89.3 - offline at the time of writing but it'll pop back up soon, no doubt). Or for 'vanilla' MonsterHunt, try the dU server #### destination MonsterHunt [Main] #### (176.57.143.206).

If you want to challenge your dexterity, try BunnyTrack - like running a virtual assault course. Maybe the |UK| server |*| ~]BUNNYTRACK THE SAM HOUSE[~ |*| (75.102.40.197) or one of the BT.net servers BunnyTrack.net Official Server 1 of 2 (176.58.120.227)

Or perhaps Siege will be your thing. This is a very new UT gametype, it's... a sort of mix between Capture the Flag and Domination. Again, the |UK| server seems to be the main hub for this zp| * * * -=[SIEGE]=- |uK| The One Night Stand -=[SIEGE]=- Server (75.102.40.198)

Then there's Assault, JailBreak, Rocket Arena... I don't have much experience with these (in terms of where you would want to go to find populated servers). For DeathMatch, the Multiplay servers are usually pretty busy ]Multiplay :: Public DM #2 (Popular Maps) (85.236.100.100 - port 27808) and Multiplay :: Public DM #13 (Deck16 - All Weapons) (85.236.100.115 - port 8177).

Keep an eye on the ESL and Ownwell websites for UT league activity too:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/ut99/
http://www.ownedwell.com/

OwnedWell is currently hosting a big instagib league, with matches streamed on their Twitch channel each Sunday (
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

check us out :) pretty active community as well as servers

on our rocket x server you can fly jets strangeloves and Ghandi jets as well as helicopters on some maps.

BT is fun as well as monsterhunt with nali weapons 3 is pretty fun!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome aboard sailor. :wink:
There are many good server out there ...I play very often on some Rocket Arena server. Rocket Olympics or something like this.
blade11
Novice

Post by blade11 »

thanks for all the great replies. I will be certainly be checking those servers out ))
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Steam will only have updated your game to the GOTY version from 15 years ago.
Since then there have been many community updates and tweaks. These can all be used with the Steam UT99.

First visit the link at the top of the site Tweak Your UT Graphics To The Maximum! and get the latest updates from here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4569.

I recently did a condensed run-down of all the coolest things you can update with here https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... w-hardware

Welcome to the forum, and back to the oldschool of UT.
blade11
Novice

Post by blade11 »

thanks foor the reply. yes i will download those updates and hopefully be able to start playing again .