Hello Everyone! :)

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Rich87
Novice

Hello Everyone! :)

Post by Rich87 »

Hi everyone my name is Richie, I'm a relatively new player who found out about this amazing game back in 2014 after purchasing Unreal Tournament 2k4 during a Steam summer sale. At the time I knew very little about ut99 and bought it soon after, curious about the origins of the series. And well, this game blew my expectations out of the water! The amazing atmosphere, music, and sound! Gameplay feeling tighter and more focused than the double hopping frenzy that was 2004. And god the weapons! Every single one is deadly! I'd pick the Enforcer any day of the week over the puny pellet gun that was the Assault Rife in 2004.
I wanted more! And I've since downloaded 100's of maps, mutators, and mods, honing my skills against some of the best bots around.
It's awesome to be part of this community, I hope this game never dies! :rock:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Hello Everyone! :)

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Welcome Rich! We all love this game too! We hope you get fun! And um,, don't get the same destiny as me... :(

But anyway hello! Stay comfortable!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Rich87
Novice

Post by Rich87 »

Gustavo6046 wrote:don't get the same destiny as me... :(
Something happen?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay! :tu:
Rich87 wrote:
Something happen?
Honestly, I still have no idea.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome aboard!
Rich87 wrote:
Something happen?
He tread on somebody's toes :wink:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

welcome to the forum!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Welcome and be nice!
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Kelly knows what happened. He did added me to the foe list!

But that's not all.

Everyone wants me to make something useful, but I don't know what would be useful!

Well, I don't care anymore if Kelly has me in his ignore list. I want to teach him who has the right to get help! I didn't ignore his help. He did think so!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Everyone wants me to make something useful, but I don't know what would be useful!
You already did useful stuff u.u I even contacted you on pm lol.

Anyway, welcome :D
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:Everyone wants me to make something useful, but I don't know what would be useful!
You already did useful stuff u.u I even contacted you on pm lol.

Anyway, welcome :D
I think you contacted the wrong person. xD

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Everyone wants me to make something useful, but I don't know what would be useful!
NO... we want you to learn your basics BEFORE you TRY to make something useful.
Start with something simple and make it great.
Play the game and look for all the mods and mutator you can get and maybe later you find what UT could need to be better or to be more fun.

It's the same for map creator ...never release the first 10 maps you have made. They will be crap, but they are important because you had fun and learned to use the Editor. The eleventh map can go public but don't expect much praise, because the map is still very bad, But now can people help you to get better in mapping by criticising you flaws... and if you are ready and willing to listen to creator who have more experience than you, only then you'll start to create good maps.

My advice of the day:
Have fun with the game and don't try too hard to impress people. Then you'll gain friends here. ;)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

papercoffee wrote:...
Don't waste your time.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome to the community Rich87.

We are a very mixed bunch of ageing die-hards, fresh-faced hopefuls, players, mappers, coders and modders.
Not many here are native English speakers so language can sometimes get in the way, but feel free to ask anything you like....
*cough* after making a point of searching for anything first ;)

As you are a steam owner, you may or may not be aware that Steam have short-changed you, and they do not have the full GOTY edition.
So I do hope that Chaos and Rocket Arena were among your downloads :tu:
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rocket-arenaut