Received invalid file request

Discussions about Servers
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Received invalid file request

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:Pretty sure you just gave me an erection. Preach, son!
Is this some English saying ... or did you ... ? :shock: ... never mind, I don't NEED to know.
Have a nice day.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

JackGriffin wrote:Pretty sure you just gave me an erection. Preach, son!
Well Jack I usually like all the info I can get but that qualifies as "Too Much Info". :loool:

Don't misunderstand me. I appreciate the input etc. from all of you.

Been stressing out a bit lately, and I celebrated some progress on another project
with far too many beers last night, before I started posting.
(Tip: Don't get hammered and post online...... :wtf: :barf: )

I will put this on the list of things to check on later, after a few other things get finished.
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Yeah same here :oops:

I chatted way too long with Heston this morning and my throat just got really fucked up. In fact I had to quit because my voice was failing, which sucked because he's one of my favorite guys to chat. Anyway It kept hurting so I sparked a bowl to take the edge off. Might have swam a little too far into the deep end. (Note to self: erection humor is probably not as funny to other people as it is to you, especially when you are baked)

In the future I'll be a bit more careful. But only a bit. I'm not going to apologize for finding Loathsome sexy though. Some things just can't be compromised. When he gets all alpha male like that and starts tossing the UT99 deck furniture around....omg!!

OK, quick question. Am I just a fucking retard or does anyone else get my humor? Yeah, I should stop trying to do funny and just stick to serious coding.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:OK, quick question. Am I just a fucking retard or does anyone else get my humor? Yeah, I should stop trying to do funny and just stick to serious coding.
Yes you are a fucking retard. Same as all of us.
We play a 17 years old game...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:We play a 17 years old game...
Interesting stories can be written with even such a machine:
Stoewer Elite typewriter, foto1 [CC0], by Alf van Beem (Own work), from Wikimedia Commons
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Barbie wrote:
papercoffee wrote:We play a 17 years old game...
Interesting stories can be written with even such a machine:
Stoewer Elite typewriter, foto1 [CC0], by Alf van Beem (Own work), from Wikimedia Commons
YES! (I use NotePad for everything, not a typewriter, but close enough... 8) )

And yes Jack, you should keep telling jokes..... :lol2:

Back on Topic.

Now that it has been a few days, and I am sure my servers are running the right default textures etc,
any info regarding "Received invalid file request" errors on the servers, or "Refusal to send" on the
client side would be good if anybody comes up with any.

Clear out your cache before testing. Report the EXACT case of any filenames etc displayed in the logs or broadcast messages.
As well as the version of UT you are running as your client/server at the time.
blarg
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

JackGriffin wrote:Lo this may be a problem with the map's 'PKG_AllowDownload' package flag. Have you ever checked your maps to see if any are set with this? I did my maps and was surprised to find a few.

Here's a discussion about the flags I had with Anth: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=30936
Hahaha

The server isn't running XC_Engine
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Higor wrote:
JackGriffin wrote:Lo this may be a problem with the map's 'PKG_AllowDownload' package flag. Have you ever checked your maps to see if any are set with this? I did my maps and was surprised to find a few.

Here's a discussion about the flags I had with Anth: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=30936
Hahaha

The server isn't running XC_Engine
The server is not..... (Yet.)

Now that I have ditched all versions of UTPG and am running bone stock GOTY v4.36, doing a bit of testing
with the XC_Engine is on my list of things to do soon. Especially if it can fix this issue.

XC_Engine doesn't break PHYS_Spider like 440 does I hope?
I need to read thru your thread again on that, but the damn thing is so big..... :roll:
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then don't waste too much time, just drop it there and track TXT info file (it's smaller).
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

This happened yesterday.

My AKcoop server refused to send file Nightfall.
On the server itself, the filename is Nightfall.unr.
Existing on the redirect is file Nightfall.unr.uz, containing Nightfall.unr.

So instead of renaming and recompressing the file as I have done in the past, I just renamed the file on the
redirect to be nightfall.unr.uz. Now redirect has file nightfall.unr.uz containing file Nightfall.unr. Compressed years ago.
(Note case in all those filenames....)

Then it downloaded fine.....

Not sure if this info helps any with the "Received invalid file request" message on the server, but here it is anyway.
(I suspect that is 451 server only message that occurs when problem with redirect, but just guessing.... Never seen it myself.)
blarg
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

JackGriffin wrote:[...] my throat just got really fucked up. [...] which sucked [...] It kept hurting [...] Might have swam a little too far into the deep end [...]
/o\
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

sektor2111 wrote:Then don't waste too much time, just drop it there and track TXT info file (it's smaller).
That is indeed still on my list of things to do. Continue watching with much interest Higors progress and your testing reports.

Need to make sure some of my current projects work perfect with stock 436 on and offline before I start testing things with XC_Engine....
They should all work perfect with that and anything else if I am doing it right, but want to make sure.
-------------------

Not sure what P.O.F. is trying to say there.

I been in the deep end for a long long time.
He would drown there before he knew what was happening...... :loool:
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MrLoathsome wrote:Need to make sure some of my current projects work perfect with stock 436 on and offline before I start testing things with XC_Engine....
Wait, don't worry so much, some crashes belongs to me and original engine internals, I've been posting a couple of problems and interested about what Higor think toward them. Looks like I'm the only dumbass posting feed-back, the rest are just talking about issues already solved in XCGE, but not about new troubles when occurred - this won't help development EVER.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Well, the internal engine crashes do not belong to you. They are all Epics. :mrgreen: :lol2:
(All your base, are belong to us.)

And you are certainly not a dumbass for testing Higors project and posting feedback.
No doubt he finds that useful. (I am sure I would....)

I am also not worrying about Higors code either. (UT2U1 would not exist without a bit of tech. advice Higor gave me.... :tu: )

Main reason other than the one mentioned above that I haven't jumped on it yet is time. And I am tired of updating things.... :roll:
(Moving everything from the dying linux 440 box to the new Winblows 436 machine wore me out....)
Only getting an occasional Refusal to Send error, and can fix those easy when I find them.
**And these are NOT related to the package flags. This Nightfall.unr map has been around since 1999. :what:

Are you sure XCGE fixes this issue where a server refuses to send a file unless the case of the uz file on the redirect matches the case of the filename that
seems to be buried in the map itself, regardless of the case of the file in the server's Maps folder or within the redirect's .uz file?
If so, cool. :rock:

Surely you realize why I want my current project, (SwarmSpawner), to be working as well as I can get it with 436 before I start testing it extensively with
any 3rd party game engines. (440 and 451 are NOT on the list of things I will ever test it with. XCGE is on that very, very short list.)

You should be using SwarmSpawner already for testing things. I find it very useful when developing/testing new stuff. That's why I wrote it.
I hate typing console commands. Does it even work with XCGE? (It should, but I haven't tried it yet, and nobody has reported any tests with it....)

When I do find the time, and decide to test XCGE, I will test it HARD. Not sure if Higor is ready for that yet. :satan: :lol:
(Will test it first on default DM server, then some custom gametypes, then various crazy coop servers....)

Perhaps some other local dumbasses have time to help you provide Higor with feed-back in the meantime. :lol2:

------------------

Back on Topic: (Hi Barbie!)

So, how about them crazy "Received invalid file request" server-side errors?
Near as I can tell they are either unrelated to the "Refusal to send" client-side errors that I have
been experiencing or they are the same error, and only 451 reports that on server log/console.

Maybe try ditching UTPG and see if the same error occurs on a 436 server with the same config.
And see if you get the "Refusal to send" message on client side.
Last edited by MrLoathsome on Mon May 30, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

MrLoathsome wrote:So, how about them crazy "Received invalid file request" server-side errors?
Uhh? Go back to first page :lol2:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett